5 replies to this topic

#1 lockhood

lockhood

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

I'm playing as a Wizard for the first time in QFG3 . So , the use of detect magic in the Pool of Peace revealed strong magic , particularly in a rock behind the cheetah . So , is it possible to , like open it and get a spell or something like in the first game ? I checked some walkthroughs , but none of them says anything about it . Neither do they get a full 500 points for the Wiz . So , any ideas ?

Also , whats with the Little Folk ? . I thought there'd be fairies and all .

Edited by lockhood, 21 October 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#2 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Little folk?

Anyways, the entire purpose of it is to show that the area is enchanted and how exactly. That's it.

It's atmospheric flavor. Clicking an eye on the rune will have the hero recall that it's the rune for "Peace". It also looks like an E, which is the first letter of Erana's name, so it sorta implies that it was Erana that enchanted the pool to be peaceful.
All is well!~

#3 lockhood

lockhood

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the reply .

The night elder Usiku , says that the Little People are the ones who set the traps found in the savannah and the jungle . One FAQ said they are just the monkeys. But what'd monkeys want to catch animals , or people for ?

#4 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

The FAQ is probably wrong.

The "little people" probably refers to Pygmies, or whatever the Glorianna equivalent is.
All is well!~

#5 D-Boy the Fighter

D-Boy the Fighter

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Sierra (of course), Sonic, Pokemon, anime...

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Zachski @ Oct 22 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The FAQ is probably wrong.

The "little people" probably refers to Pygmies, or whatever the Glorianna equivalent is.

Exactly. The Goblin Pygmies. Er, that's probably why very few get very high point scores. Finding the traps is completely random, like other things. I only recall finding the traps about twice or so before. One was the large ball that sinks into a pit, and the other is the miniature version of the "noose for the foot" trap.

My name is DBoyWheeler and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

All Hail Shadow!
Heroes rise again!
Obliterating everything that's not your friend!

#6 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I actually used to come across the traps somewhat frequently. Anyways when you do, you can spring it if you want, but it doesn't really do anything and you can't get trapped in it (maybe they're hunting much smaller prey?).

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users