2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorier

Glorier

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Recently became interested in Quest for Glory series. Most of all I liked the first part.

Now I`m looking different game versions. I know about several:

Version 1.000 - Very rare. Dont avaliable in the net. Diskette scans can be found on mobygames - 5.25", 3.5"
Version 1.001
Version 1.100
Version 1.102
Version 1.105
(Last 3 versions avaliable in the net)
Version from Quest for Glory Anthology
Version from Quest for Glory: Collection Series

I`m looking version 1.000 and other game versions(also regional)(Floppy, CD) in floppy images(.IMA, IMZ and/or TD0) or distributive, what have files with original(not modificated) creation dates. Also possible buying.

#2 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'm curious as to what are the differences in the early, pre-collection versions of the game? For QFG 2, I do know that the Anthology corrected the Sell Beard bug (which was a pity, really), but I never really saw that many bugs with QFG 1 outside of the Dag-Nab-It crash and I think the burning hero head when he drinks some ale that are still in there.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#3 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

I don't think I've ever looked at the version numbers of the games I have before. So, I took a look, and here's what I found.

My version of Hero's Quest came on 3.5" disks. When checking the version number during game play, it says Version 1.000. So now I feel special that I have the very rare version. LOL scatter.gif

I have QFG1 EGA on both 3.5" disk and the QFG Collection Series CD. The one I have installed is the Collection Series version, and it says it is Version 1.200.

In terms of gameplay, I really can't see any differences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users