#1 HeroOfSpielburg

HeroOfSpielburg

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hello fellow adventurers,

being an avid fan of the original since its inception in the early 90s I've been wondering if it's possible to gain all skills.

The initial character creation seems to have been designed in a way so that it's not possible to initially assign all skills a value > 0 because a skill with 0 values takes more points to "create".

My understanding is also that you can only improve skills you have, i.e. a value > 0; e.g. you cannot improve climbing if you have 0 of it.

Modifying a save game with a hex editor to gain the missing skill is a no brainer, but that's not the direction I want to head at and was wondering if there's a way to acquire all skills during a single game?

thanks

#2 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (HeroOfSpielburg @ Aug 17 2011, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The initial character creation seems to have been designed in a way so that it's not possible to initially assign all skills a value > 0 because a skill with 0 values takes more points to "create".

Hi, HeroOfSpielburg! A thief can acquire all skills. He starts with all skills except Parry and Magic.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#3 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

I think someone posted a video on youtube showing a bug that enables a fighter to get all the skills. In any case, you can use Cheat Engine or the in-game cheat to max out and/or get all the skills before the game starts.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users