50 replies to this topic

#16 Maria

Maria

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:06 AM

I seem to always call him George no matter which class he is though I usually choose magic with thief skills. My daughers come up with interesting names for when they play though. But if I wanted to name him something more 'me' then I would do something that sounded 'gypsy-ish' but can't thihk of one right now...

Maria

#17 Jules

Jules

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Our adventures in making an adventure game: <br />http://gamedev.julisue.com<br /><br />My online portfolio: <br />http://www.julisue.com

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:48 PM

Wow what serious meanings behind the names!

Mine are either 'julieee' or 'juliebutt' - no capitalizing. It makes me laugh every time Shultz, Aziza and whomever say, "Welcome, julieee."

And sometimes 'asdfff' if I play to see how fast I can finish. tongue.gif

EDIT: Hah! First post. biggrin.gif

Edited by JulesThe, 11 July 2006 - 11:49 PM.

#18 Keapon Laffin

Keapon Laffin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:books, tv, movies, games, hiking, music, uncyclopedia, fire...

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:32 AM

Magic User/Wizard = Raistlin (comes from the Dragonlance series of books in which the character of Raistlin was a major player and wizard, beginning as a amateur and working his way up to someone powerful enough to challenge the gods)

I really liked Raistlin even though he was evil. I thought his character was more rounded than most of the other Dragonlance characters. I really like Tasslehoff Burrfoot though. He always made me laugh. And the dwarf (I forgot his name at the moment).

As far as naming my character? I always chose my own name (Jason)... For some reason I really like that name alot... Once I spelled it Jhaecien to make it look more interesting to me, but when Aziza asked me for my name I would mispell it because I forgot how I spelled it at the time. So it went back to Jason.
Being lost is a state of having misplaced yourself. This is often done by very foolish people. "Lost" can also apply to a possession or thing that you have misplaced. Note, if you survive a plane crash and are subsequently stuck on an island, you are not Lost, you are f*cked.

My name is Keapon Laffin and I am a Bard.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#19 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:02 AM

Jules, welcome! It's good to see you here. Do you want to post a "Hello, I'm new" thread in the Rants and Raves forum so everyone will see you and wave and so on?

#20 DeadPoolX

DeadPoolX

Wabbit season or duck season?

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Wasting a nosy person's time by getting them to read the "Your Interests" section in its entirety before they fully realize they could've been doing something constructive with their time.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (jason1124 @ Jul 12 2006, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really liked Raistlin even though he was evil. I thought his character was more rounded than most of the other Dragonlance characters. I really like Tasslehoff Burrfoot though. He always made me laugh. And the dwarf (I forgot his name at the moment).

Raistlin was pretty cool. You should read some of the books about his past, when he wasn't evil or corrupted. Those are interesting, as he's just beginning to get into magic. Caramon is still there, protecting him as always though. tongue.gif

Tasslehoff was funny, but sometimes he annoyed me. I guess I figured "enough was enough" with the silly antics, but the authors kept on plugging away.

The dwarf's name was "Flint Fireforge." I liked him a lot too. I'd say more about him, but I don't want to ruin the story for anyone who hasn't read the (original) series and is still interesting in doing so today.

I think my favorite character was the undead deathknight (aka "Knight of the Black Rose") Lord Loren Soth. I really enjoyed the stories about him. He got his own series later on as well. Those books weren't as good as they could've been, but oh well...

#21 Keapon Laffin

Keapon Laffin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:books, tv, movies, games, hiking, music, uncyclopedia, fire...

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

One thing I didn't like about the Dragonlance series was that for the most part you had several different authors write about the same characters. In the Forgotten Realms books usually an author had his or her own characters to bring into the world. I'm sure one of the most popular authors is R.A. Salvatore. I really like his FR stuff, except perhaps the Hunters Blades Trilogy. There was little character developement in that particular trilogy and mostly hack and slash...
Being lost is a state of having misplaced yourself. This is often done by very foolish people. "Lost" can also apply to a possession or thing that you have misplaced. Note, if you survive a plane crash and are subsequently stuck on an island, you are not Lost, you are f*cked.

My name is Keapon Laffin and I am a Bard.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#22 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:46 AM

I don't care much for Dragonlance.

R.A. Salvatore is one of my top 3 favorite authors next to Tolken of course and Lewis. I thought the Hunters Blades Trilogy was a cool series. It was more about Drizit learning to be an elf and learning how to deal when Cattie-bre dies and her thoughts and feelings one having kids with him. (sorry but I have forgotten how to spell some of these names.) The only two thing I didn't like was Drizit not keeping cutter and Wulfgar's wife dying.

Edited by Paladin Wizard, 28 July 2006 - 02:47 AM.

Find QFG Import files here.

#23 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

What happened to the Weloming Mat or the Flying Carpet? thumbs.gif

Oh I belong to the Thomas Hardy, Dickens and GBS era so I may have to name my characters as Jude, Mayor or even the Trumpet Major biggrin.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#24 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:59 AM

I name my character Jonesy or Jonesy T. Hero... although I can't remember what originally inspired me to name him that, aside from his initial, which I stole from Eddie T. Head... maybe I got Jonesy from Dreamcatcher (They called Jones Jonesy), being as thats the only Jonesy I can think of.

... and after writing jonesy a bunch of times... it looks really funny.
Gaily bedight, a gallant knight in sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long, singing a song, in search of El Dorado.
But he grew old, this knight so bold, and o'er his heart a shadow,
Fell as he found no spot of ground that looked like El Dorado.
And as his strength failed him at length, he met a pilgrim shadow.
'Shadow,' said he,' Where can it be, this land of El Dorado?'
'Over the mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow.
Ride, boldly ride,' the shade replied,' if you seek for El Dorado.'

#25 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:11 AM

I was a great admirer of The Saint, the modern Robin Hood, when I was a school-age boy...read all the books biggrin.gif hence I chose Saint as my character's name!

#26 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

I never saw the show, but have I have the Val Kilmer movie of the saint

#27 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

I didn't see the movie but there was a TV series based on the books but different stories! But for me then the books were enthralling bounce.gif .

#28 koyar

koyar

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:53 AM

Wow, you people make me feel illiterate. I just gave my character my own name the first time around. When I started playing it again a few years ago I used a simple anagram of my name, which is the same as my username here.
Hero of five lands!!!!!

#29 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:03 AM

Aha nothing to worry about...we, who use bookish names, are being merely whimsical tongue.gif . I keep changing names, especially when I play the same game again. In the Civilization series, Colonization, Conqueror etc I use my full name he he wink.gif

#30 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

names I use in various games depends on how serious I am about taking it seriously. If I play a game that I want to believe, I'll name the character Alaric or some other outdated name from Sweden or Russia or Germany or something... they had some cool names... I got Alaric from Alaric the Mad, he was a goth leader back when the goths fought the romans.

As for my less serious names... Thaddeus Bluff, Johann Ogleblottsen, Philbert Kowns, or any number of other random funny sounding names...

semi interesting side note... almost anytime I play a game where you control a number of characters (Majesty, for instance), I always name one of them Kowns, and one way or another kowns always dies. Once hes dead, I will make a new character and name him Kowns jr, then once he dies Kowns jr jr, Kowns jr jr jr, Kowns IV, and on. If I remember correctly, I once made it to Kowns XXXVII... yea, that family is unlucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users