#1 QFGFan81

QFGFan81

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:19 AM

Greetings fellow Adventurers!!!

Yeah I'm a newbie to the board but a long time fan of the series...played it since it first came out...SoD is my fav in the series...anyway there's plenty of time for nostalgia later lol I was replaying Hero's Quest last night for a nostalgia fix, and I was in the adventurer's guild and noticed something I haven't before...when you look at the Saurus it mentions how it was killed by Hans Halfwitten! You can even ask Wolfgang about him and he remarks about him being a lazy adventurer lol I thought that was an interesting forshadowing of a character you will meet 3 games later...the little details in the games amazes me!!

Also, in Trial by Fire, I remember you can talk to Rakeesh about Tarna, and the battle with the demon where his leg was injured, I thought that was interesting considering how WoW wasn't planned.

Sorry if these were already mentioned, but you know how us damn newbies are lol lol.gif

By the way, anyone know where I can download Dragon Fire? JUST KIDDING!!! jestera.gif

#2 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:23 AM

Welcome aboard the board! Hope you won't get too bored or someone might have to bore something boorish for a boer or a boar.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#3 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:29 AM

cheesy darian, very cheesy.

Hallo 81, welcome to the boards.
Gaily bedight, a gallant knight in sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long, singing a song, in search of El Dorado.
But he grew old, this knight so bold, and o'er his heart a shadow,
Fell as he found no spot of ground that looked like El Dorado.
And as his strength failed him at length, he met a pilgrim shadow.
'Shadow,' said he,' Where can it be, this land of El Dorado?'
'Over the mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow.
Ride, boldly ride,' the shade replied,' if you seek for El Dorado.'

#4 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Darian Kheynes @ Mar 27 2006, 07:40 PM)
Welcome aboard the board! Hope you won't get too bored or someone might have to bore something boorish for a boer or a boar.

rolleyes.gif Clever... but as Jonesy said... cheesy. smile.gif

#5 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

Did someone mention cheese?

<looks around suspiciously for Fenrus>

Welcome, QfGFan81. I have to find an easier way to reply to you. QfGFan81 is a mouthful...

#6 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

I know it was, but It was done in the spirit of the series, and there's some very cheesy messages in the games. (Looking at Dinarzad's guard, Looking at the crate on the docks in Silmaria...)
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#7 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff - been a Sierra fan since the DOS days (1987 or thereabouts). Been singing (choir and solo) for the last 8 years. Also been writing (fan-fics, parodies, poetry, and serious stuff for a long, looooong time...) *G*

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

Welcome a-board, QfGFan81. Nice to have you here. wink.gif

Now I'm sorry, but I have to take issue with that... how do we know that Hans Halfwitten and the QfG4 Hans are the same people? The QfG4 Hans is extremely insular and isolationist, so I doubt he'd travel to Spielburg - he probably regards everyone there as "strangers". wink.gif Furthermore, there are no sauruses (saurii?) in Mordavia - and if there were, and the QfG4 Hans killed one, why would its head go to the Spielburg guild instead of the Mordavia guild? Not to mention that Hans is a farmer - a grower of pumpkins and corn - and not an adventurer, so he's unlikely to have weapons...

But then there could be a story here. Could Hans have been an adventurer in his younger days? Did he travel to Spielburg? Did he have a bad experience there that made him wary of "strangers"? Complications abound! smile.gif
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#8 Arlo

Arlo

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:History, science, science fiction, Star Trek, politics.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

I have to agree five years too late. I never thought Hans of Mordavia was the same as Hans Halfwitten. In fact, I'm certain they aren't the same person, because when you ask the guildmaster about him, he says "Not much of an adventurer, but he did manage to kill a saurus before he made the mistake of tangling with an ogre," which implies that he got killed.

#9 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

I have to agree five years too late. I never thought Hans of Mordavia was the same as Hans Halfwitten. In fact, I'm certain they aren't the same person, because when you ask the guildmaster about him, he says "Not much of an adventurer, but he did manage to kill a saurus before he made the mistake of tangling with an ogre," which implies that he got killed.

He tangled with a troll that did him in. Though I agree that Hans the farmer of pumpkins and corn is most definitely not Hans Halfwitten. smile.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#10 Arlo

Arlo

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:History, science, science fiction, Star Trek, politics.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

I was quoting from the original EGA version. They changed it in the VGA remake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users