Photo

Which do you like more?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you like more? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you like more?

1. EGA (type commands) (17 votes [60.71%])

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

2. VGA (point & click) (11 votes [39.29%])

Percentage of vote: 39.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:19 AM

Yes, that's the one. After you get past "the bouncer", you enter the cave. In the VGA version it just has the single screen. You walk along that single screen and come out to the Brigand gate.

In the EGA version there is an extra room off to the side. Makes more sense - I mean, in the VGA version, where the heck does the Troll go? I don't recall Trolls having cloaking devices. tongue.gif

#17 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

VGA is so much easier but much more fun.

EGA so much tougher (no cheats for Erana's sake - no honour in cheats)...typing, strange that in Trial you get used to typing, but it's tougher in QFG I...am still at it crying2.gif trying to get Fairy Dust at night and dance with them roflmao.gif

In the VGA one the Troll goes away if you say the correct code word, else you kill him mad.gif

I also hate killing the Minator angryfire.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#18 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

Actually the minotaur doesn't get killed Grand Dad - he gets to grow up and be a good boy and become the Guild Master of Silmaria in Qfg 5 biggrin.gif

One of the things I like about the EGA version is the panoramic view of the Spielburg valley at the end of the game biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#19 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

Well, the brigands must've known about the secret entrance so I always figured that the troll was part of the pack, but since trolls aren't your social types also this guy would've kept to himself, and the rest of the gang probably didn't mind that at all. But he's definitely part of the brigands. Didn't even remember they cut that part out in the remake, but I haven't played it that much since I like the original more.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#20 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:20 AM

Yep, I know if you say the correct word he goes away in both versions...

But my point was, where DOES he go in the VGA version? He's a pretty big dude, and there is no place for him to hide.

In the EGA version he goes to the "extra" screen within the came, which was not in the VGA version. I guess it's just one of life's mysteries. tongue.gif

#21 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

I doubt if he is a member of the Bandit's gang else Yorick would have mentioned it? Where he goes...well we can just wonder and speculate...he's an ogre after all lol.gif If you kill it (him) you don't get anything, no gold not even his beard wink.gif
Wonder why they deleted that 'extra' scene in the VGA version? maybe PW would know...he must be sleep2.gif

Bruno, the thief, somehow (mysteries og a game) learns the secret password roflmao.gif Good for us...hate to kill someone without due 'Cause'! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#22 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

Actually I think you can take the troll's beard. I know you can in the VGA version... not sure about EGA. If you click on him once, it says you find nothing more than a little hair... click again, and you take his beard.

In the EGA version you might be able to take it... but even if not, you get something from the "extra" room.

#23 Rakeesh

Rakeesh

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:48 AM

Although the VGA is superior, EGA version has a different 'magic'.

Btw the VGA hero is inconsistent to his later incarnation. They should at least have kept his original clothes! frown.gif

#24 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:46 PM

I believe QfG2VGA will take care of that little continuity error smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#25 Klausse

Klausse

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:37 PM

Much as I like typing interface, I didn't play the oiginal because my version doesn't have music, and *knowing* it must be there, I always felt the lack of it.
user posted image

#26 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:21 PM

That can be fixed by DOSBox. smile.gif
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

#27 Klausse

Klausse

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:28 PM

Would be nice... But I don't have a single .wav file among the game files. Or does music files come with other extension? I'm not a great expert in this.
user posted image

#28 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

Me neither. But I just ran setup, enabled soundblaster or something similar, ran DOSBOx and suddenly I could hear the music. Just try it out and see what works for you. Shouldn't be too hard.

#29 Rakeesh

Rakeesh

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:25 PM

There are many other formats apart form wav smile.gif

Sierra games use midi, to be exact but you won't find the among your game files either: they are implemented/encoded in your files and you can't see them smile.gif

just use DosBox, and you'll hear the sounds fine

#30 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:18 AM

Wow... Thanks Rakeesh! I couldn't have said it any better myself wink.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users