#16 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

So Blizzard is the one who owns Quest for Glory now??? :wow:

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#17 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Automotive Repair, Robotics

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Yep, looks like it falls under Activision-Blizzard's ownership now.  I had no idea this had happened.   I knew Activision and Blizzard had a merger, but it looks like Activision is now the parent of Sierra... or at least holds the rights to it.  They closed down Sierra as it existed under Vivendi in 2008.  Maybe they will start it up again one day.

#18 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

This is old news.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#19 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Last I heard Blizzard is trying to buy their way out of the partnership.

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#20 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

To add more to it, it's more Activision-Blizzard trying to pull away from Vivendi.

http://wow.joystiq.c...-supreme-court/

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#21 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff - been a Sierra fan since the DOS days (1987 or thereabouts). Been singing (choir and solo) for the last 8 years. Also been writing (fan-fics, parodies, poetry, and serious stuff for a long, looooong time...) *G*

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Oh dear... I can just imagine the fun (?) Blizzard could have with QfG. :(

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1 are fun - I haven't tried WoW or SC2, nor do I wish to - but they're a completely different genre, obviously.  Can you imagine QfG as an RTS...? Ugh. Hordes of little peasants running around chopping wood and mining gold, in order to build a Big Damn Hero™ to take the enemy base.... um... nice, but that's not QfG. :-P

(Again, obviously). ;)

My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#22 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

LOL.  Yes, that could get very messy.  I think they have too much else on the go, so no need to worry.  :)

I think you would actually really like SC2 if you like SC1 and WC3.  WC3 for me had a little too much of the hero element, they were a bit overpowered I think.  In SC2 Wings of Liberty, you don't really have much of that.  Heart of the Swarm has quite a bit of Kerrigan in it, so it feels a little more like WC3.  I still really like both, and while the single player campaigns are good, the multiplayer / online Battlenet part is even better I think.

I have no interest in WoW.  :)

#23 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff - been a Sierra fan since the DOS days (1987 or thereabouts). Been singing (choir and solo) for the last 8 years. Also been writing (fan-fics, parodies, poetry, and serious stuff for a long, looooong time...) *G*

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

LOL.  Yes, that could get very messy.  I think they have too much else on the go, so no need to worry.  :)

I think you would actually really like SC2 if you like SC1 and WC3.  WC3 for me had a little too much of the hero element, they were a bit overpowered I think.  In SC2 Wings of Liberty, you don't really have much of that.  Heart of the Swarm has quite a bit of Kerrigan in it, so it feels a little more like WC3.  I still really like both, and while the single player campaigns are good, the multiplayer / online Battlenet part is even better I think.

I have no interest in WoW.  :)

Hmm... is it true that I have to be constantly connected to the internet to play SC2 or Heart of the Swarm, though? :-(  That's what the clerk at the game-store told me - and if that's the case, then I don't want to play SC2.  I would much rather stay offline when I'm going to play games. :-(

My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#24 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, all Blizz's newer games are "always online" stuff - even though I think you can set yourself to invisible to others (except in WoW) it uses the internet connection for - say in Diablo 3, you're stuck, you can invite a friend to come help you out.  It's not as big of a pain as I expected it to be.

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

#25 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

Yes, that's true.  If you have broadband / high speed internet with a decent amount of usage allowed, it's not a big deal.  However if your internet usage is fairly limiting then it's a pain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users