41 replies to this topic

#1 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:38 AM

Out of curiousity I decided to try to see how few points it would take to beat the game. Then I wanted to see how little the score could be at the end (where you it says "Wow! You really are a hero") with the in game cheats. Which reminds me does anyone have a FULL account of the room numbers. I only have about 1-100's worth and then interval of 5 up to 300 after that but I know that there is a way to teleport to the end. So the hunt is on for the lowest score!

Note: negative puzzle points are fair game. I think I may have the lowest possible that I'll post as a screen shot once everyone thinks they've got it.

#2 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:02 AM

How about this?

#3 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

Nice. Obviously that was using the debugging mode. May I inquire as to the room number you used to teleport there? If so I think I can do a few better king.gif bounce.gif

#4 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

Actually, I didn't cheat to get to the end at all... I cheated by editing the picture. angel.gif

I blanked out my real score and moved a zero over to where my real score had been.

#5 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:27 AM

Here are some of the teleport codes. However, you have to have done certain things to trigger the end of the game.

37 - Outside the castle (front gate)
38 - Castle barracks
39 - Castle main courtyard
40 - Outside castle stable
41 - Outside castle doors (to Baron's quarters)

#6 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:15 AM

Nope thats not quite what im after... I know it exists because I used to have the room number but i didn't have the data backed up. The room number for the castle courtyard where all the characters are (the last screen basically) has its own room number. Thats what I'm looking for... BTW i dig the DT icon Ghost Rider. thumbs.gif

#7 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Paladarian @ Sep 25 2006, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW i dig the DT icon Ghost Rider. thumbs.gif

Thank you smile.gif

I have been looking around to see if I can find the teleport code you are looking for. So far, I have not been able to find anything. However, I did find what I believe is an otherwise complete list of rooms:

9 = Beginning Menu
10 = Erana's Peace
13 = Ogre
14 = Kobold Cave (Bear)
15 = Kobold Cave (Kobold)
21 = Baba Yagas Hut
22 = Baba Yaga's gate
28 = Bottom of Mountain
29 = Outside Erasmus' House
30 = Inside Erasmus' House
31 = Erasmus' tower
32 = Mage Game
37 = Castle Gates
38 = Barracks
39 = Main courtyard
40 = Stable
41 = Castle Door
45 = Goblin Training Center
53 = Farm
54 = outside Healer's Hut
55 = inside Healer's Hut
58 = Snow Giant Braggi
60 = Meeps
64 = Graveyard
65 = Town Enterance
70 = Mushroom Ring
73 = Archery Range
76 = Dryad
81 = Screen with Hollow Log
82 = Flying Falls
83 = Hermit's Cave
84 = Antwerp
87 = Lake
88 = End of Troll Cave
89 = Entrance of Troll Cave
91 = Ambush Spot
93 = Toro
94 = Brigand Lair
95 = Brigand Lunchroom
96 = Yorick
97 = Brigand Leader's Room

According to what I have been reading, any codes other than these rooms will crash the game and shut it down. I am not sure if cheating to get the dispel potion and then teleporting to the Brigand Leader's Room (number 97) would trigger the end of the game? When I have some time I will give it a try, unless someone else beats me to it. smile.gif

#8 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:30 AM

Seems to be mano-a-mano here, though I would like some others to rise to the challange. No, I have found that list recently too but it is not as good as some I dug up in mmmm '99? I remember the 'beating the game' screen to be in the several hundreds. Anyways I have verified that those are not all because if you type in 340 you get to the dag-nab-it screen when i checked all the multiples of 5 between 100 and 350. So there must but others, and possibly higher, though I don't remember any about the 400's from my faint memories. Anyways there is the proof that there is more so the hunt is still on!

#9 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:23 AM

Hmm, you are correct about 340. 330 takes you to the screen outside the Tavern... showing you exiting the alley and walking forward. So there are definitely more codes, but I can't find anything online... and I can't be bothered trying 100 through 999. So unless someone else has the answer, this will remain a mystery for now. smile.gif

#10 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

OHO! Cheats for minimum points too...so help me smile.gif but it's funny nevertheless!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#11 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:16 AM

smile.gif Yes, a very interesting challenge indeed.

Not very often people would cheat to try to get the lowest possible score. smile.gif

#12 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the challenge...but no thanks. Am not going to pick up this gauntlet biggrin.gif

#13 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:01 PM

I figured you probably would not Grand Dad, I know you do not believe in cheating. I just noticed that our "inner hero" classes are no longer showing below our avatars. I was going to say that cheating is not really a Paladin thing to do, and noticed that there is no longer a reference to our inner heroes displaying. (Of course you do have your shield in your signature, but I don't have room for my shield in my signature without going over the height limit for signatures)

Edited by Ghost_Rider, 30 September 2006 - 06:03 PM.

#14 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

I've seen people using more space than you! Did you check 'post length'?
Hope you recover your 'inner hero' shield smile.gif

#15 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

Well even without the cheats it would still be interesting to see the bare minimum. Here's a little something to get the gears working.... I finished it without cheats at 111 points by being a very naughty hero and then just getting the dispel potion and going straight for Elsa.

I'll go ahead and give it away that with the debugging teleportation it should be possible to finish the game with a negative score!

By the way does anyone know why it says "You detect a strange magical aura in this place" after detect magic one screen above the antwerp's place? The stag is too far from there... No ghosts are ever there... What could it be?