13 replies to this topic

#1 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:19 AM

Aside from the cool psychedelic properties of them, what is the point of the toadstools (not the magic mushrooms) in the kobald's cave? If you take them with mushrooms the item becomes assorted I believe, but I managed all the points without doing anything with them but swiping them. Did I miss something about the Kobald's toadstools?

#2 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:51 AM

The only thing I've done with those is tried to eat them and give them to the Healer. I can't remember exactly but I think the Healer tells you something along the lines of, "These mushrooms have been ruined!"

I have never found a use for them.

#3 Paladarian

Paladarian

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

Same here, but i find it odd that they would be put in (rather obviously on those rocks) and stealable if you couldn't do anything with them. When you try to sell the Kobald food the healer says "You have ruined the mushrooms with toadstools. I cannot buy your mushrooms," even if you didn't mix them. If you try to fense them it says "We have no interest in those." If you eat them (three at a time) you loose 10hp, so you can die by them giving the funny message "Didn't anyone teach you not to eat other people's food? Death by toadstools doesn't leave mushroom for improvement." If it is only rotten food, I guess it must be a silly clown of sorts. The fairies at the mushroom ring don't recognize the difference in the kobald's toadstools. frown.gif

#4 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

hey now why not include a useless item in an dventure game? Black Bird anyone? and anyone one that is hallucinogenic is even better lol.

... salims hookah death was my all time favorite QfG death
Gaily bedight, a gallant knight in sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long, singing a song, in search of El Dorado.
But he grew old, this knight so bold, and o'er his heart a shadow,
Fell as he found no spot of ground that looked like El Dorado.
And as his strength failed him at length, he met a pilgrim shadow.
'Shadow,' said he,' Where can it be, this land of El Dorado?'
'Over the mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow.
Ride, boldly ride,' the shade replied,' if you seek for El Dorado.'

#5 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:37 PM

No, the mushrooms in the cave are useless, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, the mushrooms in the ring are interesting... they could be used by drug dealers to help people 'get high' but I don't think that the fairies will appreciate that... but then again, those guys would probably get the seeds and cultivate their own... or just come during the day, raid the place, and come back when those mushrooms are all grown back. They're not stupid after all.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

Edited by Paladinlover, 02 March 2007 - 06:52 AM.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#6 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:17 AM

I'm not sure they had drug dealers back then. smile.gif

#7 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

I dunno 'bout that. When you think of how taking a pill or drinking a 'potion' makes you suddenly invigorated or full of magical power... Just sounds like someone is high.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#8 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:17 PM

No the Amelia doesn't accept the Kobald's m'rooms...and don't even try to eat them smile.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#9 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

They're there just to mess you up.

Find QFG Import files here.

#10 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

So be wary and don't bother about them, there are plenty of other things to get in the cave *hehehe*.

#11 D-Boy the Fighter

D-Boy the Fighter

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Sierra (of course), Sonic, Pokemon, anime...

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:39 AM

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

My name is DBoyWheeler and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

All Hail Shadow!
Heroes rise again!
Obliterating everything that's not your friend!

#12 Eric_Meisterson

Eric_Meisterson

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:I am not currently interested in my interests. If my interests happen to change, you may find it interessting to learn that I will still not be interested in them. Interestingly enough, though intersting, my interests are - in fact- not all that interesting to begin with. I do, however, find it interesting that you are interested enough in my interests to ask. And for that...<br />... I will kindly impolite emission of wind in your general direction.

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:48 AM

I am personally convinced that the toadstools were simply placed there to fill Glorianna with detail and make it seem more full. A dingy, slimy little runt like that, who spends his entire life in dingy caves, is likely to survive on all sorts of nasty fungus. Toadstools are just as prevelant down there as they are in the more fetid parts of a dark forest.
It's just like that log outside the entrance to 'Enry's place. It is there, it stands out, and it serves no purpose except to serve as a sort of road marker and to fill the game with a bit of detail to keep all the forest screens from looking exactly alike.
"Light does not require darkness to exist, rather, darkness can not exist where the light doth reign."
- The Undanted Zephyr (a.k.a. Eric Meisterson)

"Buttkicking for goodness!"
- Minsc

#13 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

Ah! But the Kobald had to eat something...but you'd better leave them there smile.gif! Take an apple instead!!

#14 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:17 AM

Maybe not drug dealers but people ALWAYS came up with ways to get high and it doesn't have to be illegal.

You know what, I just thought of something, I think that those mushrooms are the one of the rare times in any game ever to have something which can actually cause a high and show it on screen... and QFG did it again with the bong in QFG 3. I never noticed it before it seems like some pretty ground breaking stuff at the time (still is now anyways),

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users