23 replies to this topic

#1 Master Solemn

Master Solemn

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:14 PM

I'm having trouble finding a troll, someone help me!
"Failure takes no effort, it is true greatness which is the most difficult to achieve"
Zeno

IPB Image

#2 koyar

koyar

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:58 AM

The troll is in a secret cave. You will encounter him later in the game, but unless you are a strong fighter, I wouldn't recommend fighting him.
Hero of five lands!!!!!

#3 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:03 AM

If you need a more descriptive hint, read on....

You can find the troll in a cave close to where "the Bouncer" hops around. smile.gif

#4 Master Solemn

Master Solemn

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:20 AM

I've already killed that one and freed the Baronet and all of that, but I need to find out where they wonder at night.
"Failure takes no effort, it is true greatness which is the most difficult to achieve"
Zeno

IPB Image

#5 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:20 AM

You need a certain number of experience points before you meet up with certain monsters.

#6 Master Solemn

Master Solemn

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:20 PM

Don't worry guys, I found him, and killed him too (and I'm a thief!).

But I had to load a game back at 80 of 500 when I was 300 of 500, because I had to go back to get the magic acorn. But I'm back where I was and am trying to get past the Minotaur!
Zeno

IPB Image

#7 DeadPoolX

DeadPoolX

Wabbit season or duck season?

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

As a thief, I wouldn't recommend fighting the minotaur. But you probably already knew that. wink.gif

Oh sure, you could fight the minotaur as a thief or a wizard, but it'd be a pretty tough fight. I don't think I've ever done it that way. I played each class the way they were designed pretty much. smile.gif

#8 koyar

koyar

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:59 AM

I'm pretty sure I encountered a troll one time in the forest, but that was after playing a long time with high stats and experience.
Hero of five lands!!!!!

#9 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

Don't worry! If you have enough skill points and someone, either the Guild Keeper or the Healer, has told you about a Troll you'll meet not one but enough to test you biggrin.gif . So just wander around at night and eureka!
Sell the beard bounce.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#10 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:05 AM

You should find that the longer you play the game, the more frequently the tougher monsters start to appear, especially at night. So you will eventually start to encounter trolls, cheetaurs, saurus rex and mantarays more frequently.

#11 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:05 AM

Finding trolls and T-rexes (those are the hardest to come across) can be a bit hectic, especially if you cheated to get your stats up in the air) usually, however, is that they come across the fourth day if your stats are high enough or you've freed the baronet (which triggers the conversation between Bruno and Brutus at the archery target). When you've encountered those at night, you've reached the 'ultimate warrior' phase... either you're an ultimate warrior, or you need to work on your marathon running skills. roflmao.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#12 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:00 AM

PL cheat and suffer roflmao.gif

And Ghost_Rider cheetaurs, mantrays start appearing towards late afternoons once you've killed one! The T-Rex any time of the day after the first one! Trolls only at night! But it's the Mantrays which are the most annoying, always managing to get quite a bit of you HPs and God help you if your stamina has been depleted frown.gif.

#13 koyar

koyar

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, what's the deal with Manta rays anyway? I could understand fighting them in Silmria underwater, but in a forest valley? Where did they come from? Trolls and goblins are the only monsters that really make sense for Spielburg.
Hero of five lands!!!!!

#14 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

Good question Koyar...they do make you wonder where they learnt to fly! And Oh by the way I never encountered one in the Silmarian waters, sharks, dragon fish yes but no rays manta or sting? smile.gif

#15 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

Well, it is a fantasy world. I mean, dragons and stuff... Perhaps logic isn't the way to go in this matter... Sometimes writers put things in the story just because they're cool.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer