#31 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

Not that similar to QfG3, or at least, I didn't get the impressions of it. Though now that I think of it, there may have been a 3rd town in there too. Like I said, it's been a while.

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#32 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hi Blake00, just read your PM but thought I'd reply here.

Yes thats an issue and one I sadly don't recall. Last time I worked on it, the golem sprite was definitely working so I don't know whats screwed up here - seems that the supplemental work that I wasn't involved with in early 2011 may have messed that bit up. I think if you press F11 (if not try all the F keys), you get a popup which allows you to warp straight to another screen so you could skip straight to the town if need be.

Delta

#33 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Retro gaming, sierra classics, RPGs, RTS & TBS strategy games, fan games, basic web design.

Away from the comp?.. drinking.. mostly drinking ;P

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Soulforge89 @ Jul 11 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know what the plot was/is going to be? I can't find ANYTHING on it, not even on the official website!

The plot was revealed HERE at QFMG funnily enough, only a few months ago.

QUOTE (Orion @ Jul 11 2012, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that similar to QfG3, or at least, I didn't get the impressions of it. Though now that I think of it, there may have been a 3rd town in there too. Like I said, it's been a while.

In the original big 2006 MAD demo there is the town of Albion, the hamlet of Helmsdale and the druid village in the mountains.
In the downsized 2009 AGS demo there is just the town of Albion. The hamlet of Helmsdale still exists but it is now a dead ghost town cursed in the dark forest. It is not accessible in the demo.

QUOTE (deltamatrix @ Jul 11 2012, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Blake00, just read your PM but thought I'd reply here.
Yes thats an issue and one I sadly don't recall. Last time I worked on it, the golem sprite was definitely working so I don't know whats screwed up here - seems that the supplemental work that I wasn't involved with in early 2011 may have messed that bit up. I think if you press F11 (if not try all the F keys), you get a popup which allows you to warp straight to another screen so you could skip straight to the town if need be.
Delta

It was F10! Thanks mate, using the teleporter I’ve been able to find a lot of stuff I didn’t know about, and of course get passed the bug and rescue the duke. Shame about all the blue cups I keep finding instead of sprites. Remember I’m playing a 2009 demo Blackthorne over at IA had. Maybe your final version is more complete. I have no knowledge of AGS but I guess I’ll try to compile your final source code and see if I can play it and check out if there’s any differences between my 2009 demo and your final one! Eg no blue cups instead of the golem and some of the people protesting in the village in chapter 2. If it’s better I’ll alter my video source files!

My 30 min playthrough videos of both big demos are almost finished, 3 weeks I’ve been working on and off on them now! Will post them here soon when done! smile.gif

Edited by Blake00, 20 July 2012 - 05:06 AM.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods for Doom 2, & Civilization 2.
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.
- Lord Of The Rings, & Star Trek action pictures.

#34 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Wow, that plot sounds awesome!

Hmmm... I'm pondering if I should reference this in the ending to my fanfic (once I get to 5)? You know, have an ending scene with them wondering, "well? Where are you going now?"

"Well, I hear Albion is lovely this time of year."

#35 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm insane.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Well, I've been talking to corey cole a bit and have slowed, perhaps even halted production of grimquest and only leaving it for old fans who would like to play qfg multiplayer with their friends.
You can find the client here:Grim Quest
You may want to bring a friend or load multiple clients to see its online capabilities,
But the server is enabled and usable for multiple users, up to 30.
but is no longer actively produced.

However I've been wondering what the founders and users of H6 would think about me remaking the game from scratch, only using the artwork and perhaps some of the story and enabling multiplayer on the project? Unfortunately my multiuser framework is far too complex to import into the h6 project, however i can import pieces of the h6 project into it.

Edited by Construed, 26 August 2012 - 05:31 PM.

My name is Construed and I am a Warrior.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#36 rmcin329

rmcin329

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, eating

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

seems like a very interesting project going on here. While i have not gotten around to finding and trying any of the demos yet, i will definitly be keeping on eye on the development of this game.

#37 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Retro gaming, sierra classics, RPGs, RTS &amp; TBS strategy games, fan games, basic web design.

Away from the comp?.. drinking.. mostly drinking ;P

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Construed @ Aug 21 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However I've been wondering what the founders and users of H6 would think about me remaking the game from scratch, only using the artwork and perhaps some of the story and enabling multiplayer on the project? Unfortunately my multiuser framework is far too complex to import into the h6 project, however i can import pieces of the h6 project into it.

You'd have to tread very carefully with that my friend. Creating a new game using content from Hero 6 could get you in trouble, especially if you planned on making money out of it. Even if Delta gives you his blessings he can't speak for all the games content, there are so many artists that contributed over the 12 years and its probably impossible to get in contact with them all now yet all it takes is one to find your game using their stuff and scream laywer lawyer lol! If you keep the Hero 6 name and describe the project as a continuation of the old one that might be okay though. smile.gif

Edited by Blake00, 30 August 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods for Doom 2, & Civilization 2.
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.
- Lord Of The Rings, & Star Trek action pictures.

#38 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm not going to stop you. I have not the means to stop anyone from reusing the H6 artwork, music etc. But if you did, it would be right to credit the hero6 team as a whole. But I'm happy to admit that even if you were to make a game and sell it with Hero6 content, yes I'd be annoyed but I won't pursue any course of action.

If you want to do any work on Hero6, I do think the priority should be to clean up the code for a consistent storyline and just finish the damn thing. Don't necessarily start from scratch.

The dark forest entry was originally made possible by drinking from the Greenleaf pool with Greenleafs permission, but you were then required to fetch some berries from a cliff face in the NW area of the forest, but I believe the latest implementation was that Niall gets there first and you dual for the berries (was that fighter only?). But I forget if that was cut and removed or not.

Edited by deltamatrix, 30 August 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#39 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm insane.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Yes, I have indeed thought thoroughly about the many sources of game content and possible individually sought copyrights which gaining permission for could be an endless loop of dead ends.
However I don't personally know what the agreement on the rights to the content released to the project.
Unfortunately I lack the skills to code such a meticulous system as the one H6 used.
It is apparent that the coders were quite precise on achieving very similar to the actual original qfg code, such as things like when you level a certain stat and look at your character screen it will appear red to indicate that the skill has been updated since your last visit to the character screen.
To make a long story short, It would take me a very long time to wrap my head around their code.
However my somewhat watered down and more incomplete version with the bonus of multi user tcp/ip connections which is basically a near clone of QFG1's system would fit the graphics well.
If I do decide to make a project with it I will not charge money or seek any monetary gain from it.
It would merely be a dedication to the QFG community and our generation who had the wonderful opportunity to see the perfection of the series before computer games became clouded with millions of sloppily thrown together 3d games.

I would basically start by importing all of the h6 characters, maps aka rooms and gui's then implementing the server code and setting up a community site so that people could vote and comment on what they would like to see in the game, contribute, etc...

Thanks for the replies

-Jar

My name is Construed and I am a Warrior.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users