20 replies to this topic

#1 Stormedge

Stormedge

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

So I'm just running through Quest for Glory 4 as a Wizard for the first time, and I can't seem to get the dream in which you kiss Erana to trigger. Is this a class issue, an honor issue or something else entirely?

#2 Stormedge

Stormedge

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Nobody knows?

#3 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Funnily enough, I actually DID get that to trigger! And I'm playing a Wizard! my Honor is only 217.

I also very ironic that Finn (my Wizard) did this, since in 5 he picks Katrina instead. Still... that dream has made me a bit conflicted now...

#4 Stormedge

Stormedge

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Soulforge89 @ Jun 24 2013, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funnily enough, I actually DID get that to trigger! And I'm playing a Wizard! my Honor is only 217.

I also very ironic that Finn (my Wizard) did this, since in 5 he picks Katrina instead. Still... that dream has made me a bit conflicted now...

Really? Eh. Well, time to restart and spam that sleep button.

Also, yeah. The Wizard is chick magnet. Marry any of the four girls? Sounds good to me!

#5 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Come to think of it, yeah! Wizards ARE Chick Magnets! In fact, in my QFG fanfic, my Magic User/Wizard Finn? One of his original characteristics was that he was a ladies man! And I swear that wasn't intentional.

#6 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

Uh huh wink.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#7 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

It's a coincidence, I swear! Besides, if you look at how I write him now in my story, does a man who admits that he's a coward really scream Ladies Man? 'Course, some might argue that his timidness makes him cute...

#8 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

He might do it for scoring some compassion points wink.gif

#9 Stormedge

Stormedge

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

A little late in the day, but I don't suppose anyone has anything else to say about this? I still don't seem to be able to reliably have all the Erana dreams as a Wizard.

#10 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Think it could be more of a Paladin thing, but not too sure.

#11 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

I think you are right.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#12 Stormedge

Stormedge

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

The weird thing is though, I'm almost sure that it HAS proc'd as a Wizard. Just once in a blue moon.

Maybe there's an honour requirement or something?

Edited by Stormedge, 04 January 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#13 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

One of the problems QFG IV has, is that it allows the player to do multi-class related quests. For example, if you know that a rogue can do a specific thing, it allows you to do it, in certain cases.

So it could be one of those cases, perhaps the dreams of Erana part was meant for just paladins, but they let it "slip by" somehow and others can try it too.

Another good example of a paladin related quest, is the Rusalka. Nobody can free the Rusalka other than the Paladin. However, any other class can try talking to her and making her like him up to a point.

#14 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Besides the Rusalka, I think the Fairy Queen encounter for mages and Piotyr's sword for paladins are just about the only things that you cannot do as an unintended mixed class.

Edited by Collector, 04 January 2014 - 02:43 PM.

• Mrs McLaren likes this

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#15 Stormedge

Stormedge

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

One of the problems QFG IV has, is that it allows the player to do multi-class related quests. For example, if you know that a rogue can do a specific thing, it allows you to do it, in certain cases.

So it could be one of those cases, perhaps the dreams of Erana part was meant for just paladins, but they let it "slip by" somehow and others can try it too.

Another good example of a paladin related quest, is the Rusalka. Nobody can free the Rusalka other than the Paladin. However, any other class can try talking to her and making her like him up to a point.

It would seem odd for it to only be for Paladins, given that it's Wizards who enjoy the greatest connection to Erana in quest for glory IV, fighting as they do to keep the staff. It just seems odd overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users