Photo

Any working nocd for qfg5 patch version 1.2 (not a image)?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 SCO

SCO

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

Anyone knows of a way to make qfg5 use a portable quicktime directory (so i don't have to install it either?)

#17 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

I think that the registry entries are made by the installer, at least the HKLM entries. I've tried your hex edit and it works on my Win7, thanks. It works with the QFG5Win2k patch, too. My QfG installer just dumps the QT3 files in the base of the QfG5 folder and the game will use that. This allows the use of QT3 with the game, even when a later one is installed in Windows. This solves some of the QuickTime issues that this game suffers from.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#18 SCO

SCO

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:35 AM

Which files exactly? (i don't want to reinstall). If this is stable and you are so inclined, i don't mind this being made part of your installer btw.

Edited by SCO, 20 July 2010 - 05:39 AM.

#19 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

QD3DCustomElements.q3x
QuickTime.qtp
QuickTime.qts
3DViewer.dll
Indeo4.qtx
qd3d.dll
QuickTimeMusicalInstruments.qtx
QuickTimeVR.qtx
rave.dll
QD3D_IR2.q3x

They are already included with my installer. By the way, my installers do work in WINE. One of the two main authors of DOSBox has tested some of them under WINE.

Paladin Shield

#20 SCO

SCO

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

There is no full install in the installer executable?

Well, i will merge the files with my full install and see if it works.

Edit: strange it says it is 19 mb but its copying the cd files now. Maybe you shouldn't say the max size or calculate it instead?

Edit 2: It works. I am happy. Now to do the same with king of the dragon pass.

Edited by SCO, 20 July 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#21 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

I didn't specify size in the installer. NSIS does it automatically, but is often way off. The QfG5 installer is one of two of the installers I consider as experimental. I am currently going through my installers to clean them up, add new features and fix a few bugs that have been reported. Fixing reported size is one of the things I am doing.

I made a test build of the installer with the edited EXE. It works flawlessly, though I haven't done more than play a few minutes of the beginning. Because a few still have issues with the QT3 files, I was going to experiment with placing the QT4 files in the base directory. My thinking is that for a while the QT problems some had were fixed by upgrading it. Each new version seemed to be less effective until now it seems to cause even more problems. This solution will allow a slight upgrade without going to a version that is incompatible with QfG5.

Paladin Shield

#22 SCO

SCO

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

i noticed that the movies were low quality but couldn't remember if they were lower quality than when i tried them with installed quicktime 7.

Regardless good job - i detest publishers limiting games - unportable programs by design - and i detest even more the spyware ridden cracks that exist in gamecopyworld sometimes.

Edited by SCO, 20 July 2010 - 11:56 AM.

#23 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

I don't think the version of QuickTime used will make any difference on the quality. Don't forget, it is 12 years old and they didn't have the option of a DVD.

Paladin Shield

#24 SCO

SCO

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Ok. KotDP unfortunately seems a much tougher nut to crack, principally because i don't know wtf i am doing.

#25 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to express my thanks to the two of you for all this work.

Find QFG Import files here.