#16 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

Wow nice! thumbs.gif

I just came today and read this post and now I'm downloading the game! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Can't wait to play it! bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#17 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Orion @ Aug 24 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Eric Banyon @ Aug 24 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Paladin Wizard @ Aug 24 2008, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a nice surprise when I drop in for a Visit! Now if only some of our old forum friends were around to share the fun.

Boo.

*comes out of hiding and keels over in shock at seeing Eric*

new_Eyecrazy.gif Yes this has been very fun. Glad to see you EB, nice to see you still have the Panthur I think it was. Hey Ori, I've stayed away from Wow because I'm such a PC gaming addict I can tell I'll get hooked. Erpy, it's always nice to see you.

Find QFG Import files here.

#18 Arcc

Arcc

AM I AN ADMIN YET

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Paladin Wizard @ Aug 25 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
new_Eyecrazy.gif Yes this has been very fun. Glad to see you EB, nice to see you still have the Panthur I think it was. Hey Ori, I've stayed away from Wow because I'm such a PC gaming addict I can tell I'll get hooked. Erpy, it's always nice to see you.

Hey there, PW! My memory says, "Panthuar" for some reason. . . Panther + jaguar, wasn't it? Actually sounds a bit like a new Mac OSX variant.

Ironically, my hard drive which had all my save games as well as the import file I had been saving for this very release just kicked it last week, and this just happened to be released before I could start a new one. Replay time! But it's so hard to put it off like that.
QUOTE (myself)
I forge my sword of victory from the silver linings of my failures.

I'm Arc Collins, and I'm a Paladin. I care because I comprehend.

#19 JRinaldi

JRinaldi

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

We should start a list of differences between the remake and the original. Maybe in another thread so people who don't want spoilers won't get them?

#20 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

That's quite a task, if you insist on being thorough. If even changed or added lines would already count as changes, expect one heck of a field day.

#21 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

*de-lurks and faints on seeing so many people* wink.gif

Welcome "home", Asrai, Eric, and Paladin Wizard! Good to see you all back! smile.gif *gives everyone a biiiiiiiiiig hug* wink.gif

Being a heathen on dialup, I haven't got QfG2 yet. I'll have to wait a couple of days - by then I should have access to wireless. *carefully feeds Eric's panthaur* wink.gif
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#22 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

I'd recognize that Panther anywhere! biggrin.gif Welcome back guys.

Well, for the first time ever, QFG has gone full circle... All the QFG games can now be played in gorgeous VGA graphics and we can still have the EGA games to cherish, too.

Now we need someone to retard the rest of the games, QFG 3, 4 and 5, turn them into 16 color EGA so we can play the game from ANOTHER lame prespective! tongue.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#23 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

I did find one irritation. Not really a big one, but still an annoyance. When importing, it will not let you browse outside of the game's folder for your .sav file.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#24 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

That was basically a limitation of AGS. The engine wouldn't allow people to manipulate files outside the game folder, so people couldn't write a game that erases stuff on your hard drive.

#25 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Paladinlover @ Aug 27 2008, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd recognize that Panther anywhere! biggrin.gif Welcome back guys.

Well, for the first time ever, QFG has gone full circle... All the QFG games can now be played in gorgeous VGA graphics and we can still have the EGA games to cherish, too.

Now we need someone to retard the rest of the games, QFG 3, 4 and 5, turn them into 16 color EGA so we can play the game from ANOTHER lame prespective! tongue.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

LMAO! I've been joking around wtih Matthias of making QG3 in EGA and 'fleshing' it out a bit more with more sneaky thief stuff and the like. And it's not 'retarding' the games, IMO. Some of the best games were EGA. I still prefer EGA QG1 over the VGA. And QG2 remains my favorite of the series - cause for an EGA game, it's awesome wink.gif VGA just might make it superior enough to upstage KQ6 as my all-time favorite 'Sierra' game. biggrin.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#26 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Aug 27 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was basically a limitation of AGS. The engine wouldn't allow people to manipulate files outside the game folder, so people couldn't write a game that erases stuff on your hard drive.

I see. Then perhaps a browse & copy function built into the launcher?

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#27 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

Very beautiful graphics! thumbs.gif and the gameplay options are fantastic! You can play with the old typing system or the later point&click from Qfg3 system or a combination of both! biggrin.gif

I haven't tried all of them but I've been playing the game with the point&click system and it's really, really fun! The new combat system rules, even though I'm finding it hard to fight the enemies with the standard game skill. I tried practicing with Uhura up to the point I had defeated her a few times and I begun to think that things would be easier in combat, guess what....suddenly she got tougher to beat! lol.gif

I love the extra detail on certain areas, such as the hero's room, and the practice room at the guild hall! And there are extra information in the dialogues at times that I never knew and an extra game you can play with Keapon Laffin!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif And the part with Devon and the Uhura's baby is very funny too lol.gif

The portraits of the characters in the game are very pretty and sometimes cute! I really liked the Saurus seller's portrait, very cute! thumbs.gif

I haven't finished playing the game (I'm on day 12). And I haven't gone through a complete game with Keapon yet either. There is something I would like to ask though for start: How does my magic user cast spells during combat? confused.gif

I will update the main site when I get the chance and add the Remake in the news and add some screenshots in the pictures section etc...

You guys from AGDI, thanks for this wonderful remake of Qfg2, it's fantastic! thumbs.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

#28 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Aug 28 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't finished playing the game (I'm on day 12). And I haven't gone through a complete game with Keapon yet either. There is something I would like to ask though for start: How does my magic user cast spells during combat? confused.gif
In the combat options when you pull up the 'save and restore' menu, there's options to see what buttons to hit to cast which spells, and you can remap which ones to use. I don't know them off hand right now, cause I'm slowly playing a fighter... but I know they're there! smile.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#29 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the kind words. If you guys like to have sprites or stuff for use on the site, just let me know.

The default buttons for spells are:

A = Force Bolt
S = Dazzle
D = Flame Dart
W = Zap

Force Bolt and Flame Dart can't be cast in melee range, btw. You need to back off before using them.

As Orion said, you can open the key redefinition GUI in the options screen to see which button does what and remap them to your liking. Battle can take some time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it and your stats go up a bit, things become a lot easier.

#30 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:56 AM

Erpy, if you don't mind, could I get a copy of the sprites (and character portraits) for use on my site, if I ever get around to updating it? I always found QG2 a bit of a burden to get the sprites for (being a perfectionist over them and wanting perfect .gifs/.pngs) I'd love to add a QG2VGA page to my site after I finish playing through them. smile.gif

I have to say though, this remake was enough to kick up my interest in working on both my site and fanfiction biggrin.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png