79 replies to this topic

#1 El Ravager

El Ravager

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:37 PM

Wow...I'm kinda surprised this hasn't already been posted.

AGDI has finally posted the release date for their remake of Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire. August 24th. When you consider that some of us have been waiting for the better part of a decade, it's almost surreal to think that it's just two days away from promulgation.

Go check it out! http://www.agdinteractive.com

UPDATED: The game's out. Has been for a week. Go download, salt to taste, and enjoy.

Edited by El Ravager, 31 August 2008 - 10:30 PM.

"And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. All power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely." -Lord Acton

#2 JRinaldi

JRinaldi

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

Just in time for my birthday!

#3 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

The new site looks great too... counting hours 'till tomorrow... This is it...
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#4 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:45 AM

What a nice surprise when I drop in for a Visit! Now if only some of our old forum friends were around to share the fun.

Find QFG Import files here.

#5 Asrai

Asrai

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

wave2.gif Hey PW, hey Rav! I'm so excited I've even come out of lurking and started posting over there (and a bit here as well). This is definitely THE gaming event of the decade for me, and probably a lot of other long-time fans. Since I'm so far ahead of US time now, I won't be able to get the game until Monday night, but I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Monday so much in my life. smile.gif

#6 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

YAY YAY YAAAAAAY!!!! I'm so happy that the game's release is imminent! biggrin.gif

I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced and now I'm excited to enjoy the fruits of AGDI's labor.

Also, this is perfect because it coincides with my current character almost finishing QG1 biggrin.gif

Hey Asrai, by the way, I remember you, not sure if you remember me though. How have ya been?
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#7 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

wave2.gif Asrai! smile.gif bounce.gif

oops.gif

Find QFG Import files here.

#8 Eric Banyon

Eric Banyon

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Paladin Wizard @ Aug 24 2008, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a nice surprise when I drop in for a Visit! Now if only some of our old forum friends were around to share the fun.

Boo.

#9 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Eric Banyon @ Aug 24 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Paladin Wizard @ Aug 24 2008, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boo.

*comes out of hiding and keels over in shock at seeing Eric*

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#10 Eric Banyon

Eric Banyon

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Orion @ Aug 24 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*comes out of hiding and keels over in shock at seeing Eric*

Haha! Success! biggrin.gif I was hoping for a response of that sort.

Me being here is something of a surprising coincidence, if you belive in coincidences. I've been off work for several weeks now (as a temp always working at the same company, it's not too uncommon for everyone to be sent home when there's not enough work in for us all), and in a moment of boredom I stopped in at the official QFG forums just to see what had been happening in the two years or so since I'd last been there. Just that same day, someone had posted a thread there mentioning the upcoming release for QFG2VGA. If I'd stopped in just one day sooner, I wouldn't have heard about it, and could well have not found out about it for months or maybe years.

Anyway, that lead me to AGDinteractive, where someone posted a link to a thread over here, which I followed, and here I am.

So... greetings, one and all. Don't expect me to stick around long, but it's still good to see a few familiar faces while I'm in the area.

#11 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

Good to see the ol' boomerang still works though smile.gif Always good to see you, Eric!

I probably would have missed the news too... I've been busy with playing the beta for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion... Sent Matthias a message and he told me about it. I may be a mod, but I lurk too biggrin.gif hehehe

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#12 Asrai

Asrai

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

Awwww... It's like a family reunion! Except that one relative who always has too much to drink and spends the whole time complaining about things that happened 20 years ago isn't here. smile.gif

Good to see all of you guys, and of course I remember you Matthias, I think I've already said something to that effect over in the QGV section. smile.gif (Ugh... gross overuse of the smiley, but I just can't help it, I'm so excited about this release and happy to see so many familiar uh... avatars. smile.gif )

#13 Arcc

Arcc

AM I AN ADMIN YET

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

Ah. Hello there! Eric, Asrai, it's great to see you guys back here, if only for a bit. And if anybody is glad that relative isn't here. . . <looks away>

Hahahaha! Hope life's been good to you these couple years. But if you're here and in a good mood, that's what's important.

Anyway, this is very exciting. I just found out about it a few minutes ago. . .
QUOTE (myself)
I forge my sword of victory from the silver linings of my failures.

I'm Arc Collins, and I'm a Paladin. I care because I comprehend.

#14 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

It's released, fellas. Come and get it.

#15 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

Am I glad smile.gif after a long wait! Congrats AGDI am downloading straight away mulitcolors.gif invasion.gif beerchug.gif

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!