Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Talk about nostalgia!

My first ever 'hero' was, of course, Orion biggrin.gif

As for when I'm in a different mood...

I've used the names of Drakonus (Warrior) Johann Seabach, the 'alias' Orion goes by... (Mix class Pally/Wizard, which later spawned into Johannus Seabach, my DnD/MMORPG character), I've used Bruce Chaos for my pure Wizard characters, but later gave him melee points.

But the name I use most is Orion Rezil, but you've probably guessed that. wink.gif

And sorry if that didn't make sense at all... It's late, and I'm tired... hehehe

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#32 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:29 AM

So when does Onion come in? biggrin.gif

Find QFG Import files here.

#33 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:50 AM

*sigh* How I miss Madmoiselle Meena...

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#34 SierraFan1981

SierraFan1981

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:19 AM

If y'all don't mind me reviving this topic....

Most of my heros were simply, and unoriginally named "Alan", or "Alan the Adventurer" in QFG1, then "Alan the Hero" for the remainder of the games.

I recently started a fresh go around as a pure thief and decided to call him "Joe Curr"...not only from being inspired partially by The Dark Knight, but also because it sounds rather "thiefy" to me...almost like it might not be his name at all, but an alias...but at the same time it COULD be his name...thieves are sneaky and mysterious like that....
The Procestuousity begins here!

#35 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

Hmmm, I'm glad you revived it since I never posted in here before.

From the beginning, my hero was always named Matthias. My real name is Matt and, when I read Redwall by Brian Jacques when I was a kid, the main character/hero in that book is named Matthias; from there on out, it stuck as a name I would use, in different incarnations (usually different surnames). Most recently, I use Matthias Umbra for other games (umbra meaning shadow in Latin, usually used for some sort of stealthy character).

Matthias is now always a Fighter/Paladin.

My most recent thief character was named Stefan, since it sounded like a slick and debonair name (although in QG1 it gets a little confusing with the Baron and all wink.gif ).

I had decided on names for a wizard and pure fighter, but I can't remember what they were exactly; however, all the names that I use have Germanic roots, given the close proximity of the Hero's home to Spielburg.

Edit: I just loaded up QG1 EGA and decided to start playing again, I had named my wizard Tancred.

Edited by Matthias, 13 August 2008 - 01:12 AM.

Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#36 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

Two and a half years ago I answered this thread. Might as well do it again. crazyeye2.gif scatter.gif

The very first times I called my hero anything it was just 'Salim', as my name is in RL. Later on I just gave him a 'cool' sounding like Kyle or Roland, but after that I settled on using German names, but I always had a liking towards stronger sounding ones than anything else. I just called all my characters after those names and I didn't care much for making any distinction. Except once when I called a thief character 'Theimar' or something like that, it had a cool meaning that was really thief-like, so I kept it.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#37 Keapon Laffin

Keapon Laffin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

I recently started playing a magic user and a fighter again (two seperate games). I named my magic user Skeeve, after one of the main characters in Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures novels (he's a magic user). I named my fighter "Fy Tor and the Snow Dog" (a pun on "fighter" and also the song "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" by Rush when they made good music).
Being lost is a state of having misplaced yourself. This is often done by very foolish people. "Lost" can also apply to a possession or thing that you have misplaced. Note, if you survive a plane crash and are subsequently stuck on an island, you are not Lost, you are f*cked.

My name is Keapon Laffin and I am a Bard.

#38 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Keapon Laffin @ Dec 2 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently started playing a magic user and a fighter again (two seperate games). I named my magic user Skeeve, after one of the main characters in Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures novels (he's a magic user). I named my fighter "Fy Tor and the Snow Dog" (a pun on "fighter" and also the song "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" by Rush when they made good music).

Obviously, the name for the thief must be 'Lock and Key' scatter.gif (Rush 1987 'Hold Your Fire').As for the fighter and the magic user, you may call them 'Armor and Sword' smash.gif (Rush 2007 'Snakes & Arrows') and 'The Necromancer' merlin.gif (Rush 1975 'Caress of Steel').Pity,there isn't paladin in QFG1,the name 'Everyday Glory' bounce.gif (Rush 1993 'Counterparts') is especially for him!

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#39 Keapon Laffin

Keapon Laffin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (tenata @ Dec 6 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Keapon Laffin @ Dec 2 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently started playing a magic user and a fighter again (two separate games). I named my magic user Skeeve, after one of the main characters in Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures novels (he's a magic user). I named my fighter "Fy Tor and the Snow Dog" (a pun on "fighter" and also the song "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" by Rush when they made good music).

Obviously, the name for the thief must be 'Lock and Key' scatter.gif (Rush 1987 'Hold Your Fire').As for the fighter and the magic user, you may call them 'Armor and Sword' smash.gif (Rush 2007 'Snakes & Arrows') and 'The Necromancer' merlin.gif (Rush 1975 'Caress of Steel').Pity,there isn't paladin in QFG1,the name 'Everyday Glory' bounce.gif (Rush 1993 'Counterparts') is especially for him!

Very nice! 'Hold Your Fire' is the last Rush album that I liked. I have not listened to 'Snakes & Arrows'. "The Necromancer" is one of my favorite Rush songs ever. I think 'Caress of Steel' is one of their better albums. I do like about half the songs from 'Counterparts', including "Everyday Glory". You can change your hero's name in every QFG game, so you can rename your hero "Everyday Glory" at the beginning of QFGIII if you like. biggrin.gif
Being lost is a state of having misplaced yourself. This is often done by very foolish people. "Lost" can also apply to a possession or thing that you have misplaced. Note, if you survive a plane crash and are subsequently stuck on an island, you are not Lost, you are f*cked.

#40 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Tom Sawyer (Rush-1981 'Moving Pictures') is another good name for the fighter ("A modern day warrior...").The song is brilliant and the book was my favourite one when I was a child.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#41 Arcc

Arcc

AM I AN ADMIN YET

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Personally, I prefer "The Grand Illusion" for a magic user.
QUOTE (myself)
I forge my sword of victory from the silver linings of my failures.

I'm Arc Collins, and I'm a Paladin. I care because I comprehend.

#42 Keapon Laffin

Keapon Laffin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Bob Dunegarm @ Dec 23 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I prefer "The Grand Illusion" for a magic user.

Styx fan?

#43 christhjian

christhjian

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

I've usually name my characters after some silly bad words in Estonian. xD

Some examples:

orpar, jobikott, lohh and so on.

These words can't be literally translated.. They mean something and yet nothing. "Orpar" is often told to a nerd but doesn't have exact meaning.

I don't know why I called my characters like I did but this doesn't have a major role for me. smile.gif

cheers

#44 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

In my current play through, my thief has the name of William Sanguine. Named after William the Bloody of Joss Whedon fame. biggrin.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

#45 nicolaevich

nicolaevich

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

I name my characters after famous composers. I'm currently a master's student of music theory and I have a great love for classical music. My favorite composer is Alexandr Nikolaevich Scriabin, so I name my best characters after him.

Fighter/Paladin - Alexandr. Sounds like a strong fighter name, don't you think?

Magic User - Nikolaevich. This somehow seems to fit as well. I don't really know why...

Thief - Scriabin. The name looks like a Thief pseudonym to me. I would definitely use it.

Sometimes I alter the spelling according to what I'm doing with the character.

Oh, and Orion, I thought of naming one of my characters Angelis but decided not to.

Edited by nicolaevich, 03 June 2010 - 07:20 PM.

"Pizza is a crucial ingredient in many scientific formulae. There is a nearly infinite variation in its effects, depending on whether one starts with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Artichokes, or Plain Cheese. One should always order extra pizza in case the experiment requires additional materials. Besides, science is hungry work!" - Dr. Cranium (Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness)

My name is Nicolaevich and I am a Rogue.

What Kind of Hero Are You?