15 replies to this topic

#1 Senor Ferrari

Senor Ferrari

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:27 AM

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out.

I am playing as a thief. I've reached the brigand's camp, but I can't sneak past the damned minotaur. What shall I do? Also, why can't I escape from the battle when the minotaur spots me, I mean how fast is this guy anyway?

#2 Spikey

Spikey

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:32 PM

It's one of the 'ultimate battles', like trolls. So you can't escape.. indeed, a true hero wouldn't want to (or a smart hero wouldn't try to with insufficient stats wink.gif ).

You have to beat the minotaur. Or you can always go the other way to gain access to the brigand fortress.

- Spike
Sierra Music Central - your place to visit for Sierra soundtracks of yore. Still updated (every so often) after 10 years!
New QFG music coming in 2012/13.

My name is Spike and I am a Warrior.

Warrior Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Senor Ferrari

Senor Ferrari

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Spikey @ Nov 30 2004, 11:49 AM)
It's one of the 'ultimate battles', like trolls. So you can't escape.. indeed, a true hero wouldn't want to (or a smart hero wouldn't try to with insufficient stats wink.gif ).

You have to beat the minotaur. Or you can always go the other way to gain access to the brigand fortress.

- Spike

What other place? confused.gif I went through the secret door so the other place has to be... the brigand ambush. But you can't avoid him there either.

#4 Briavel

Briavel

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

I've never played the original, but in the remake, with a stealth at 100, you can sneak past the minotaur. You just need to wait for him to turn away. Then quickly climb. At least that's my memory of it. <shrug>
user posted image

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man, let me understand -- "People are People," Depeche Mode
user posted image

#5 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:58 PM

One hint is to stay in the shadows smile.gif And as Bria said - move when his back is turned wink.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#6 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:42 PM

I think Toro even sits down on the rock for a minute. I know he does for the Wizard and then he falls asleep with the calm spell.

Find QFG Import files here.

#7 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:15 PM

I think he sits down AFTER you cast calm smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#8 Briavel

Briavel

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

<nod> I believe you're right, Onion. He doesn't sit until you cast calm. But he does pace back and forth.
user posted image

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man, let me understand -- "People are People," Depeche Mode
user posted image

#9 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:33 PM

Which ever, I break in the back way, kill Fred, and then go back around through the front. Where I fight my way past the brigands just to battle and defeat Toro. biggrin.gif

#10 Rognik

Rognik

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:09 AM

You don't even need to do that much sneaking, provided you've been practicing sneaking all along. As a thief, I made it a habit to sneak through the woods; you avoided random encounters as well as improved your skills. When you have a high enough sneak (above 80, say) and sufficient climb (about the same), sneak to the barrier and climb up. I know when I had a low climb skill, I could try climbing the wall again and again, as Toro the minotaur hadn't seen anyone come out of the bushes. (Their periferal vision is horrible. wink.gif )

#11 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:20 AM

Shouldn't a thief try to pick the lock? If there is one. Man it's been too long since I've played this game.

#12 Briavel

Briavel

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:15 PM

Climbing is a thief skill as well, IIRC. So it would be just as viable and a bit less noisy. <grins>

As for going the front way, on the remake, I've never been able to get through alive, so I don't even try anymore. Killing Fred seems pointless as well. Wander about the forests long enough and you'll have enough Troll beard to keep you comfortably in healing potions. wink.gif
user posted image

user posted image

#13 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

I only play the EGA version. The VGA has very nice images, but too many bugs for my taste. Plus I like to tinker with the default codes. wink.gif

#14 Briavel

Briavel

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

Makes sense. I still have a trusty 486 that I use to play the games and so I don't have much issue with bugs in the first one. <grins>

Edited by Briavel, 02 December 2004 - 02:19 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

#15 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

Ditto, Briavel... <hugs her 486> Mind you, I have to disconnect my current computer and plug in the mouse, keyboard, speakers, and monitor, but it's there; it's usable.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...