5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris724

Chris724

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

I've been on a topic posting marathon lately, guess I'm just thrilled to find an active QfG community considering that these games were what defined my childhood. Topic of the night: music! I said in an earlier topic that the music box song from QfG 4 was my favorite piece in the series. That however, was before I remembered this: https://www.youtube....h?v=5uu9iJwnxfo

This song is just so...soothing. Kind of like the save room in Resident Evil. You feel safe, and contemplative as if after a long day of adventuring. Plus, I absolutely LOVE the African style setting and music influence in this game. What about you guys? What's your favorite music track from the games?

#2 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

My favorite music tracks of the entire game are the Khaveen combat theme/scorpion combat theme in QFG 2, most of the music in QFG 5 (the music there by Chance Thomas, as well as the quality of decent CD music, was gorgeous, especially the aquatic themes, which were gorgeous, and the Hydra combat score).

QFG 4 had some serious haunting music. Ironically, the old school floppy/CD music really adds to the theme. They still send some serious chills down my spine every time I play them. The ending theme, the opening theme, just going through the forest. It all gives a very special kind of sensation that you're in a land rife with danger, the desperation of the locals to just want to survive, and an over all spooky and gloomy atmosphere.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#3 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

I've got a bunch of favorite musics!  Erana's Peace, Katrina's Sacrifice, Battle of the Badders, The Dance of Mystery and Intrigue... Heck, all the battle music in 4 is awesome.  I also find myself humming the Stable Medley when I'm doing any type of yardwork :D

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#4 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

I've got a bunch of favorite musics!  Erana's Peace, Katrina's Sacrifice, Battle of the Badders, The Dance of Mystery and Intrigue... Heck, all the battle music in 4 is awesome.  I also find myself humming the Stable Medley when I'm doing any type of yardwork :D

Erana's Peace is actually called The Magic Meadow. Of all the music writen by mark Siebert, thie was his father's favorite. Here it is performed by a real guitar:  http://sierrahelp.co...ection.html#QG1

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#5 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

The music from the QFG series I like best is from QFG4.  Halloween is my favourite time of year, and QFG4 has that type of feel to it.  I especially like the music that plays in the castle.

Tom from QuestStudios also did some really cool things with the QFG2 soundtrack for the QFG2VGA version by AGDI.  I like the original too, but the stuff he did really added depth to it.

#6 Gloryguy

Gloryguy

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Adventure, Gaming, Girls, Guitar, History, Music, Religion, Writing

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

1.  "Erana's Garden" (QFG4)

2.  "Hero's Guild Hall" (QFG4)

3.  "Erana's Staff" (QFG4)

I'm especially fond of the music from Shadows of Darkness, but I also enjoy a lot from Dragon Fire.

Although I discovered it much later, I always thought Tangerine Dream's "Song Of The Whale, Part One: From Dawn..." (from 1986) sounded very similar in style to "Erana's Garden."  If you listen to the arpeggiating keyboard notes (and especially the electric guitar during the third minute), you might understand what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users