Photo

Scorpion or Saurus?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Scorpion or Saurus? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you choose?

1. Scorpion (3 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Saurus (12 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SierraFan1981

SierraFan1981

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:The Arts, Psychology, "Useless Trivia, Supernatural/Paranormal, Movies, classic PC Games

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

When completing the EOF initiation, do you prefer to be a "Brother Saurus" or a "Brother Scorpion"? I know if you want to be a paladin you should "spare" Walid...but I always liked scorpions..so if I want it bad enough, I become a paladin in 3.
The Procestuousity begins here!

#2 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average guy. I love sports, hanging out with my friends and video games. I guess if you want to know, just ask.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

I usually go for Paladin in QG2.
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

I prefer "scorpion", but I still tend to spare the life of Walid. Just doesn't seem necessary to kill when you've won already.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#4 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Matthias @ Aug 16 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually go for Paladin in QG2.

Same here...when I play through the games I always get to Paladin at the end of 2...

If I'm doing fighter, though, then I kill Walid and Khaveen! (or at least Khaveen!)
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#5 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

Why would I want to kill Walid when he's down? Seriously, I wouldn't take orders from someone obsessed with that sort of guy. Besides, Walid isn't a bad guy and actually seemed kinda nice. Khaveen, however, was a grade A a-hole whom I wouldn't mind seeing cut down in an unfair manner. But the downside to being a good guy is that you have a solid, unshakable moral integrity that prevents that.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#6 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

Yes why would anyone want to kill Walid, he does you no harm! He was there because he is a member of EOF and in the end he testifies to your greatness and mercy!! Khaveen is a different proposition altogether!!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#7 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

True...EOF seems rather ruthless that they'd sacrifice the life of a member just for an initiation of a new member!
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#8 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Even when playing a Fighter intending to stay a fighter I spare Walid. I've only killed him once and reloaded afterwards. I only wanted to see what would happen. Khaveen, I always kill him. I'll let him pick up his sword if he drops it, but he has to die. Lord know the evil things his character has done.

Find QFG Import files here.

#9 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

Even when playing a Fighter intending to stay a fighter I spare Walid. I've only killed him once and reloaded afterwards. I only wanted to see what would happen. Khaveen, I always kill him. I'll let him pick up his sword if he drops it, but he has to die. Lord know the evil things his character has done.

With the protection of Ad Avis that guy has, he probably raped and killed more women than Ted Bundy. new_Eyecrazy.gif

But the only problem I had with fighting 'fair' with Khaveen isn't that he's evil or dishonorable to get him while he's down, the whole issue is time constraints. Seriously, you had to stop Ad Avis from releasing Iblis and you have no idea how far into the ritual he is, meaning he could be almost finished and you're still fighting Khaveen. Methinks that it would be for the greater good if you got rid of him as quick as possible so he can save the kingdom.

But if it was one of those observed duels to the death and stuff, well... play fair, you'll win cause right makes might. tongue.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#10 Split Personality

Split Personality

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Grand Dad @ Mar 21 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes why would anyone want to kill Walid, he does you no harm! He was there because he is a member of EOF and in the end he testifies to your greatness and mercy!! Khaveen is a different proposition altogether!!

PEACE!!!

Well, to be fair, he does come at you with a sword, and it's only after the whole affair is over that you learn that the whole thing is staged anyway. (If you do attempt to kill him while he's down, you discover that your sword, which up until this point is capable of beating Walid into submission, has inexplicably turned to rubber. And I don't quite recall, but I think even if you loose the fight, you don't die, but are thrown out in disgrace.) So, yeah, while I think it's wrong to attempt to kill him while he's down just because you two have been set against each other for Issur's amusement, it's a bit of a stretch to say he's "does you no harm". (Frankly, while Issur's quite the body builder, I've always wanted to see what he's actually capable of with a weapon in his hands.)

#11 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

Finally I became EOF member (I'm playing for the first time as a fighter QFG2 (Remake)).So,I prefer the name Brother Saurus.If you lose the fight,Walid will spare your life,so let him live!

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#12 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

The Scorpion name certainly sounds cooler, but I prefer to go the honourable way of the Saurus as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users