• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Elsa, help!!!!

I'm playing QFG3 and I think I've screwed myself!

Okay, I've just maxed out most of my Magic (aside from Juggling Lights and Lightning Ball which I don't have have yet), including Zap. Took several days to do (like 3-4 real time days, and over 60 in-game due to the fact that I didn't level up my Magic in Shapier due to the time limit), and...

I did something stupid.

Okay, I just beat a Leopardman and FINALLY leveled up my Zap spell to max! Yay! So, I collect the money, and proceed to walk off screen where the Wait Scarab appears... and there's no transition back to the map screen. It's staying at the jungle screen, and... I stupidly decided to SAVE during this!

And no, I don't want to go back to an older save file. Why?! Because my Magic is going to be much lower than before! When I said that this took me DAYS to do (levelling all my Magic Spells up I mean), I am dead. bucking. serious! I'm going to go MAD if I have to do that ALL OVER AGAIN!

It's like my QFG1Fighter file with the Graveyard all over again, isn't it?!

Elsa, I NEED HELP WITH THIS! I DON'T WANT TO LOAD MY EARLIER SAVES AS I'LL HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!! Please, tell me you can fix this!

I heard that you helped someone else similarly by letting them send you their save file, so how do I do that?!

#2 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Ok sweety smile.gif Take a few deep breaths, relax, and lets see if we can fix this smile.gif

Here's my email:click here

So, go to your Qfg3 installation folder, which in GoG case should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Quest for Glory Pack\Quest for Glory 3.

And get me all your saved games. The GLORYSG files, with numbers and the GLORYSG.DIR file. Email them to me, and I'll try to play them on my computer to try and get you through the problem area smile.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Btw, your email is elsavonspielburg@questformoregloryforums.com, right? Or is it questformoreglory.com?

I'm confused on how to send you the files in the first place! I try Copy/Paste from Windows Explorer? I get nothing in my Email message thing but "Delete" and other options which don't help. I try to move, say, GLORYSG.000 to the desktop on my laptop and THEN try to Copy/Paste? same result.

I try to drag it over there, and I get my Downloads thing. I'm pretty sure I don't want that either!

Edited by Soulforge89, 15 June 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#4 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Just add them to a zip and sent the zip file.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#5 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

Open your email program, choose the Insert Attachment option, and then select the files you want to send on the window that shows for the attachments smile.gif

#6 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

... *facepalm* I completely forgot I could do that!

#7 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Ok sweety smile.gif I got your mail with the files biggrin.gif

Gonna test it in a while and see how to fix this smile.gif

Wow, the GoG version's save works in the Collection version too thumbs.gif

OK, I see, you re somewhere in the forest running and it's stuck there with the scarab... hmmm....... There's a beast laying down there, so I'm guessing it was coming out of combat when this happened.

Well so far, mine's stuck too, doh....

#8 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Huh. I did not know that!

#9 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Jun 15 2013, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, the GoG version's save works in the Collection version too thumbs.gif

Where do you think that GOG's came from?

Paladin Shield

#10 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yes Elsa, that would be a recently deceased and freshly picked over Leopardman! 10 Royals IIRC.

So... If you can't fix this, is there any way to train Magic quickly? I basically went all over Tarna (Eastern Waterfall notwithstanding, although I probably should just to get more money and experience)- especially training near the Great Tree and in my room (I'm a Wizard, so Honor means NOTHING to me!) and near the Pool of Peace and casting over and over. Zap was the most difficult as I normally just spam Flame Dart and hardly even use my dagger since QFG1.

Edited by Soulforge89, 15 June 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#11 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Although, I don't really think it's a cpu speed issue, I'm gonna try to run this on my slower computers to see if it can be fixed. Otherwise, we re gonna have to do some training wink.gif

#12 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I wouldn't think it would be that, but hey, ya never know.

#13 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Jun 15 2013, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although, I don't really think it's a cpu speed issue, I'm gonna try to run this on my slower computers to see if it can be fixed.

Of course just setting the DOSBox cycles lower does the same thing.

Paladin Shield

#14 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

I tried that Collector, went down to 10% smile.gif

The problem is, she saved the game just when the problem happened, not before, so that kinda messes things up. But yeah, I'm gonna give a chance to my old Pentium 4 a try and we ll see.

#15 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

*headdesk* ... *sighs*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users