#1 rmcin329

rmcin329

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, eating

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Just finished installing this game via the new installer, but when i try to run it it opens dosbox then closes again after about 1-2sec. Tried it in a few different compatability modes to no avail. Thoughts?

EDIT
i was mostly wanting to install this way to avoid potential crashes(hence why i installed the qfg1 vga version the same way, which i plan to play through first, then import to this one) I can get the game to run if i dont use the new installer, but i'd rather have any patches/whatever it adds to avoid potential game breaking crashes.

EDIT
oh something i forgot. I do have both qfg1 vga and qfg3(installed from new installer) assigned to use the same dosbox.exe file, could that cause any issues?

Edited by rmcin329, 28 August 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#2 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

You should request help on the forum where you got the installer. I might not check this forum everyday. If you downloaded the installer from sierrahelp.com, run the diagnostic and attach the results on the sierrahelp forums. If you downloaded elsewhere I cannot guarantee that it has not been tampered with, infected or outdated.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users