• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:09 AM

There I agree with Erpy, CHEATING never pays as you, frankly, never learn to really play. But while in Spielburg I played straight characters, a Fighter which I think is the easiest of the three available, then as a Thief which I gave up soon enough when I discovered that I have rob innocent and honouable people like the Sherif, and particularly old lady on the rocker, then as a Magic User the most difficult <hahaha> smile.gif! Then I tried a combination of the two...A Fighter cum Magic User which I found to be fun smile.gif!! Maybe Erpy will not approve it?

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#17 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Actually, I don't condemn cheating when people have completed the games a couple of times the normal way already. Some people like to play through the game for the story/dialogues without doing any grinding and in those cases, cheating is understandable. I'm just saying that for me, it'd take away from the experience as I like the feeling of raising stats through one's own efforts, even though the significance of stats decreases as the series goes on.

I don't condemn hybrid-play either, though I think it's tedious beyond belief if you want to max all (or even most) stats due to the fact both the thief and mage take a long time to max out.

#18 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

Well I DO NOT condone cheating in any form or at anytime, getting and following a walkthrough, yes, when you've stuggled through a game smile.gif!
I agree an hybrid game is more difficult when you want max your skills. Even in that I go in for maxing my skills as a Fighter, especially in Spielburg as it is so very difficult to beat the Braggart smile.gif!!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#19 Aidendale

Aidendale

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yello!

New commenter here who's greatly enjoyed reading the forum topics since the beginning of the year. I recently started playing through all the old QFG's after 10 years for nostalgia (mainly), and remembered that QFG3 had a number of consistency problems (i.e. total points, skill practice). I've got the official hintbook and have scoured numerous sites onlines, but Sierra seems not to have thoroughly playtested this one. I still can't get to 500 points at game end (came close w/ 497 as an imported Paladin).

Anyway, being a compulsive WRT maxing out skills, I've been trying to find ways around the game's difficulties. Currently playing as a Thief, I was able to max out my Lockpicking skill in only one place: at night, right after breaking into Laibon's hut. Though it uses a lot of Stamina, I found that by clicking my Thief's Toolkit repeatedly on his chest, even when it's unlocked, increases the skill. With a couple of waterskins from the Pool of Peace to replenish Stamina, I was able to max out the skill in a very short time, and then sneak away after stealing the Drum of Magic.

Just a small contribution. I still cannot find any place in the game which allows the Climbing skill to be increased by repeated use, even in the Lost City. I'm assuming that's a lost cause.

Thanks again!

Edited by Aidendale, 12 August 2013 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users