5 replies to this topic

#1 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

So, my wizard is getting ready to embark on his journey to Raseir. As I am set to lose all my money when I get there, I have been thinking about stocking up on pills from Harik before going, in the hopes that they will transfer over to QG3.

I know that they sell Health, Mana and Poison Cure pills in Tarna (but unfortunately there are no stamina pills to be had). So, if I stock up on Health and Mana pills, will they transfer over? I've still got about 180 Dinars and nothing to spend them on (I guess I could stock up on water skins too to use for Peace water for that stamina boost); I've already gotten all the room accessories. Is there any point in me worrying about this, or will I just be wasting my time and money?
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

Since stamina pills don't exist in QFG3 and poison cure pills are generally not needed THAT often, your best bet would be to invest in healing and mana pills. I don't think waterskins even get exported.

#3 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

I did a test from the EGA version to get myself to the end quickly and suck blue frogged it (since I don't have a save near the end of the VGA version). All the pill types transferred over, but the waterskins did not. Just figured this would be a useful point of reference for everyone. smile.gif

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#4 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:09 AM

Yes, all pills carry over (including stamina pills, QFG3 just doesn't use the info) as do daggers. Of course, it's merely postponing the inevitable, since you'll nevertheless lose everything at the end of QFG3.

#5 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Oct 21 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, all pills carry over (including stamina pills, QFG3 just doesn't use the info) as do daggers. Of course, it's merely postponing the inevitable, since you'll nevertheless lose everything at the end of QFG3.

Of course, but it'll save me a lot of cash in QG3 and give me a leg up when I'm training up my skills. I mean, my wizard entered Tarna with 37 Healing pills and 30 Mana pills. Also, since waterskins are so cheap there, I'll have 20 "stamina potions." biggrin.gif

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#6 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

When I need to practice magic, I usually visit the Heart of the World. Free refill of everything just by entering. Now if only there was some way to skip that darn long walk up.