• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Okay, I finally manage to buy the QFG collection off GOG! Yay! Well, I've been playing for the past few days, and have taken Baba Yaga's request for the Mandrake.

So here I am at the graveyard, and the night is still young. I have a problem though! Since I'm really bad at the combat in this game, usually I spend any money I get on healing potions so I won't die as easily.

My problem is that it's night, and I'm sure that the healer's is closed(I'd be surprised if that were contrary), and I have no undead unguent! This not only means that I get jypted out of a full score (I think?), but I've possibly also made the game near impossible unless I pull a PushingUpRoses!

And I only have one save file, since that usually all I ever need. I don't want to start over again, but I might not have a choice...

#2 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Yep, you're going to have to start over.

Save often and always keep multiple save files.
All is well!~

#3 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

*sigh* I guess this is a good time as any to follow the Sierra Golden Rule.

#4 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I remember the text in the game manual now.... "Saved file? WHAT saved file...?" lol.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#5 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Actually it's "Wait, what do you restore WHAT game?" Although that's whenever you die in a battle, while the Graveyard death is something different.

Well, I've restarted with a Magic User instead of a Fighter this time. Gosh, this is hard!

Edited by Soulforge89, 27 May 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#6 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Okay, I'm at endgame. About to take on Baba Yaga. I have 421 points, and my end score was 496! I've restored outside the hut, and I'm now wondering what the heck did I miss?! I'm pretty sure I got everything done!!!!!

#7 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hmm, I know that with the EGA version, if you don't "Ask about name" to everyone, you don't get the initial point for talking to a person. That's blown a few perfect scores for me in the past.

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#8 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Orion @ May 30 2013, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I know that with the EGA version, if you don't "Ask about name" to everyone, you don't get the initial point for talking to a person. That's blown a few perfect scores for me in the past.

You don't need to "ask about name". Just "talk to" them and you get a point.

In the VGA version all you needed to do was click the mouth on them at all.
All is well!~

#9 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hmmm... start Trial by Fire or start my Fighter EGA file again? I'll do Thief in VGA last. Oh, also, I apologize (for any of you who still care) for not updating "Quest for Glory 1: So You Want To Be A Hero" lately. I've had writers block for awhile, plus family stuff too.

What happened to my readers?! They just disappeared after the last couple of chapters I've posted on here!

Edited by Soulforge89, 31 May 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#10 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'll admit that I've been slacking on the "reading" part on my end. :/ I've just not been able to even get into reading. I can usually blow through a novel in 2 days, especially on topics I'm passionate about (Gimme a Warcraft novel and I usually can't put it down) Yet the latest one, I've had it since it came out in August and haven't even gotten past chapter 6. I think I've just hit a phase where my mind can't focus. I've even tried Game of Thrones, rereading Hitchhiker's Guide (My favorite book EVER) and just can't get into it frown.gif

What really makes me feel crappy about it is that I know your pain about not having readers. >.<

As for your game - Start TBF! Dooo eeeeet!

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#11 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

I've been having some ideas about writing my own story actually biggrin.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users