3 replies to this topic

#1 holywhippet

holywhippet

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm doing a run through the entire series (I've played QFG 3 a few times before, QFG 1 and 2 a couple of times and QFG 4 only once. Never played QFG 5 yet). I started with a fighter and managed to become a paladin in QFG 2. So now I'm playing through QFG 3 and I've received enough paladin points to cast the heal spell. I'm still not sure why the game gives you 5 magic points at that point since the heal spell uses stamina.

Anyway, I've now got a mana pool but no spells that actually use it. Can I acquire spells I can cast in game? Will I automatically learn more spells when I port this character over to QFG 4? Or will that only happen if I put some more points into the magic skill?

#2 holywhippet

holywhippet

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Well, it looks like the answer is no. I couldn't acquire any new spells during the game. Also, when I imported into QFG 4 I only had the paladin healing spell even if I added some extra points into magic. I was able to learn a glide spell from the Mad Doctor though.

It's a pity that. The combat in QFG 4 isn't as good as earlier games so some offensive spells would have been handy.

#3 andrewjneis

andrewjneis

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, the lumped the Paladin-only skills into the Spells category even though they use Stamina. So you won't import any spells but you can learn new ones in-game. I don't know if they combined it for ease of programming or what - It does make it hard when you get the "Aura" spell from Madga in Shadows of Darkness and instead you want the Undead Amulet which is always equipped. Now you have to practice the Aura spell and make it stronger and remember to cast it before wraith battles.

#4 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Personally I think it would've made more sense to make paladin abilities part of the inventory instead of the spells menu, from a programming/gameplay point of view.

From a presentation/consistency sort of perspective, it does actually belong in the magic menu.

What should've happened is the magic menu should have become available based on either magic OR Paladin points.  So if you have any Paladin points, you have access to your magic menu.

As for QFG4, instead of getting rid of the Paladin points mechanic, keep it as an artifact, like Communication.

All is well!~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users