18 replies to this topic

#16 Ajanhuiri

Ajanhuiri

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

I'm only 6 days into Shapier, and I'm a little worn out. Then again, it hasn't been a normal six days of gameplay. I believe I'm at 155 puzzle points, and have fully maxed stats including spell stats; I found a few bugs along the way (which I'm sure plenty of others have also). I've gotten good enough to play everything on maximum "game difficulty" (which I am assuming = combat difficulty). I've the Sweeping Sir James journal, et cetera. I can't believe I sparred with Uhura 97 times. Logistically, I'm sure it is possible, but I can't see getting enough money for mana pills to stat-max all of one's spells without a ton of Spielburg money. I totally have to cop to that 'cheat'.

I have now completed my first bout with the Griffin; I figured my thief was the best character to fight him with although next time I will leave the poor beast alone.

However, now I'm on to the Pizza Elemental and let me tell you, this guy, well...

In viewing the videos on You Tube though it appears either the game speed or difficulty is way-turned down. I really have a lightening round on my hands and I don't know if I can beat the monster on full difficulty or if I have to employ a handicap. It seems most are doing the latter. Comments please.

Love the game Erpy - friggin' rad.

Edited by Ajanhuiri, 07 October 2010 - 09:07 AM.

I hold my own code of ethics and only I set the parameters of my own morality; keep your honor points.

#17 Paviel

Paviel

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:47 AM

I'm sure it is possible, but I can't see getting enough money for mana pills to stat-max all of one's spells without a ton of Spielburg money. I totally have to cop to that 'cheat'.

You don't really need mana pills in the remake. Win three games or Force Bolt Flurry or two games of Wizard's Whirl, and Keapon or Aziza will recharge your mana as a reward for each subsequent win. Actually, those games are the best way to level up certain spells anyway.

Unless that was the 'cheat' you mentioned.

Edited by Paviel, 08 October 2010 - 04:49 AM.

#18 Ajanhuiri

Ajanhuiri

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

Beat it, pretty cool. I added another replay in a different forum.

Great tip on the recharge; no, that was not my given cheat. Of course... you do need to go in and play Force Bolt Flurry.

Edited by Ajanhuiri, 08 October 2010 - 10:06 PM.

I hold my own code of ethics and only I set the parameters of my own morality; keep your honor points.

#19 Telix_Zmodem

Telix_Zmodem

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Looks like a "Let's Play" video has been posted, so if you haven't tried the remake yet, this video will convince you!