21 replies to this topic

#1 mira

mira

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

My, this elemental is so hard to beat. I'm glad I've successfully defeated it after 40 retries ! Hurrah! I did that with a thief and I had to fight the pizza in close combat.There's no time for throwing daggers or casting spell with the pizza rain constantly dropping.

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Congratulations on beating one of the toughest cookies in the jar.

#3 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:32 AM

Question: While I think it might be good to figure it out on my own, but how and where do you find the Pizza elemental?

You know, I sorta feel bad for not playing this game enough... and not since last summer, especially since I put so much anticipation for it ever since 2001. frown.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#4 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

I won't spoil it here, but in our forums, there's several posts mentioning it...a prominent one among them sharpshooter's very detailed battle post. And Cyricz' QFG2VGA walkthrough on Gamefaqs also lists it. It takes a while to find and takes more than a while to beat...it's quite a difficult adversary who needs to be taken down in a certain fashion in order to have a chance to win.

#5 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

This is a challenge and I'll have to play it by ear. Frankly I was taking the game somewhat casually having played the Original severaltimes smile.gif!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#6 mira

mira

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thanks, Erpy ^_^. I hate to lose.The more I failed, the more I wanted to beat the Pizza Elemental.The last try before I defeated the Pizza elemental, it only had 3 health point left,I guess.I didn't have much health point left, either.And I made a mistake letting myself get struck by its punch.Ugh ! It's maddening. I hope I can beat it with the fighter and wizard as well.

#7 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

With pizza head, there's really not a lot of variety in fights between classes, due to the limited amount of things that work on him. Thrown daggers and spells are risky, due to the raining pizza's and so are the fighter's triple-slashes due to the possibility of getting punch or artichoked to death. The fighter has the advantage that rising slash can be used to counter the punch attacks, but unless you take your chainmail off, your stamina will replenish slower too. (but you take slightly less damage)

Overall, if you can beat it with one class, you can beat it with all of them since the required strategy is the same.

#8 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Jan 10 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With pizza head, there's really not a lot of variety in fights between classes, due to the limited amount of things that work on him. Thrown daggers and spells are risky, due to the raining pizza's and so are the fighter's triple-slashes due to the possibility of getting punch or artichoked to death. The fighter has the advantage that rising slash can be used to counter the punch attacks, but unless you take your chainmail off, your stamina will replenish slower too. (but you take slightly less damage)

Overall, if you can beat it with one class, you can beat it with all of them since the required strategy is the same.

Doesn't it only take 1 damage too, no matter what weapon you use?
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#9 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Indeed, it has only 100 hitpoints, but every attack (from the lowly stab to the charged-up version of a 200 point flame dart) only does 1 point of damage. (even if you cheated your strength or flame dart up to illegal heights) Your hp also gets set to 200 if it's cheated to a value beyond the maximum.

The reason I mentioned the rising slash being an advantage is because it comes out faster than a thrust.

#10 MazokuRanma

MazokuRanma

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Really, the only things you can do to make this easier are getting strength, vitality, and agility up to 200 so that you have the extra health and stamina to deal with him. He's all about endurance. Even with 200 stamina my Magic User had to step back and do some pizza dodging to rebuild stamina twice over the course of the fight.

Once you get the timing down, it's really not that bad, provided you don't get caught in a pizza storm of death... I definitely had one try where I ducked too early and so I jumped back, right into a pizza, and then I couldn't get up for about 5 or 6 more pizzas. It's a great fight though, and you really feel a sense of accomplishment from beating it.

Interesting to note that you can't use the Debug Mode to make the fight easier. I suppose that's along the lines of the filled pizza box not having an item inventory value, so that you can't use Debug Mode to unlock Battle Mode.

#11 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

The empty pizza box and filled pizza box are the same item. There's two global ints that factor in the pizza box inventory code. One global determines whether PE has been defeated or not and one determines how many slices of pizza are left. (starts at 0, naturally) There's also an additional variable used in the code that determines whether or not to unlock Battle Mode, so no matter how much you fiddle with the blue frog menu, you can't use it to unlock Battle Mode without doing it the manual way. (you CAN use blue frog mode to replenish slices of pizza after giving them all away, which is nice if you were too generous and are left with not enough slices to unlock Battle Mode)

#12 MazokuRanma

MazokuRanma

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:40 AM

I'd heard that you could give pizza to people but I haven't tried it yet. I'd also heard that you can add certain things to it which will then in at least one case kill someone.

Once my thief gets the pizza elemental I'm looking forward to playing around with giving it to people and adding different things. Nice to know I can fill the box back up and keep doing it.

If I add something to the pizza and then give it all away, does the refilled pizza start fresh or is it considered to have the previous additives still on it?

#13 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

The pizza can be refilled by modifying a certain global int, but I'm not gonna say which one. There's a LOT of them and most of them don't immediately appear to do anything so have fun figuring THAT out.

Yeah, you can give slices away to a select few NPC's for a small honor boost. You can also eat it yourself to restore yourself completely. Regarding the thing about adding stuff to it...someone's been pulling your leg.

#14 mira

mira

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Jan 10 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I know why my thief rebuilt his stamina slowly during the fight with the Pizza Elemental . Actually, my thief is from QFG1 VGA imported fighter so he had a chainmail frown.gif.I wanted to see him parry with a dagger ^-^.

QUOTE (MazokuRanma @ Jan 12 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, the only things you can do to make this easier are getting strength, vitality, and agility up to 200 so that you have the extra health and stamina to deal with him. He's all about endurance. Even with 200 stamina my Magic User had to step back and do some pizza dodging to rebuild stamina twice over the course of the fight.

Once you get the timing down, it's really not that bad, provided you don't get caught in a pizza storm of death... I definitely had one try where I ducked too early and so I jumped back, right into a pizza, and then I couldn't get up for about 5 or 6 more pizzas.

It's really annoying when the hero couldn't even get up because of the pizza rain inceasingly dropping at his place.Happened to my thief many times smile.gif . To beat the pizza Elemental, my thief had to rebuild stamina twice, too.Probably I reacted too soon so my thief jumped back instead of ducking under.That costs stamina.
It's great that the pizza can be refilled.I gave the pizza to Shameen and Rakeesh .Other people didn't seem to be interested .

Edited by mira, 14 January 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#15 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

Shema, Sharaf and Shihhad will also accept it. Just because it's POSSIBLE to refill it, doesn't mean it's easy to figure out. QFG2VGA has hundreds of Global Ints that can be changed and there's no way for a player to see what each global int does in advance. Most of the time, they don't seem to do anything at all.