#31 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Soulforge89 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait... How come you're starting at 10 instead of 1?

Actually it was 8th conversation (day 10). It was the first I have found among my save games smile.gif

Midnight Conversation 09

Talk About Adventures:

You tell Shameen and Shema about the graveyard near Spielburg where you picked the root of the mandrake plant and how it was haunted by spirits at night
Shameen: It is said that the Baron's wife was buried there, and that Baba Yaga put a curse on the graveyard so that her spirit could no longer rest.
Shema : It is good you have managed to dispel the curse of the ogress so the Baroness and the other deceased can know peace again.

Talk About Katta:

You ask Shameen and Shema about their stay in Spielburg.
Shameen: Not long after our caravan left the valley, heavy snowfall blocked the pass out of town, isolating Spielburg from the rest of the world.
Shema : We spent most of our time there in the confines of our inn, as there were very few places to go in such a small town. And due to the monsters and brigands in the forest, venturing outside the town gates was too dangerous.
Shameen: With the roads to and from the valley cut off by the snow, our inn understandably had very little business. We were only able to make a living thanks to Shema's most excellent cooking skills.

Edited by tenata, 05 June 2012 - 05:05 PM.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#32 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Midnight Conversation 01

Talk About Adventures:

You tell Shameen and Shema about your home town of Willowsby.
Shema : It sounds like a very nice place to live.
Shameen: Of course, such places are hardly suitable for adventurers who wish to be heroes.

Talk About Katta:

You ask Shameen and Shema about how and why they came to Spielburg.
Shema : This month it is exactly a year ago since the old Emir of Rasier vanished and his successor drove our people away from their home.
Shameen: When the fate of our kinsmen reached the Sultan, he immediately sent his army to set this injustice right. Unfortunately, his men never reached the gates of Rasier.
Shema : As they crossed the desert, a storm of sand came up out of nowhere and decimated the troops. The Sultan did not think this was a coincidence.
Shameen: There was talk that the storm was magical in nature and was conjured up.
Shema : The Sultan has always been deeply concerned about the situation, but has not sent any more men for fear of losing them also. All he has been able to do is shelter those who fled or were driven from the city.
Shameen: The hope of the katta was now resting on a prophecy that foretold the restoration of the city at the hands of a hero.

Bottoms Up:

Let us have a drink to our homeland then. May it have many more adventures in store for you and much good fortune in store for all of us.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#33 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Midnight Conversation 02

Talk About Adventures:

You tell Shameen and Shema about the Famous Adventurer's Correspondence School and how you used the information from those books to develop the skills of an adventurer.
Shema : It is difficult for me to imagine you started your adventures in Spielburg with nothing but the knowledge gained from a correspondence course to rely on.
Shameen: What I believe made you a hero in the end were not the books you read about adventuring, but your potential and knowledge about your own abilities.

Talk About Katta:

Shameen: Acording to an ancient prophecy, when Rasier fell into darkness, a hero from the north would come to necessarily dismiss prophecies. We believe that one's fate lies within oneself and is not predestined, regardless of what omens say. If anything, they indicate a possible outcome, but not one that will come to pass on its own.
Shema : In Spielburg too, a prophecy foretold the coming of a hero, but it was not that which lead you there. It was a poster in your local Guild Hall in Willowsby - the one that called for a hero in Spielburg.
Shameen : After the remainder of the Sultan's army returned and it became clear the Sultan did not want to send more men to Raseir, Shema and I decided to leave Shapeir and take the first caravan heading north.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#34 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Midnight Conversation 03

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about how you came to Spielburg.
Shema : Even reaching the town must have been quite an adventure for you. The mountainous area near Spielburg is most dangerous if one does not travel in a guarded caravan.
Shameen: Indeed. That remote region was ideal terrain for Brigands planning ambushes. During the colder months, avalanches are common and the paths are blocked by snow. In warmer months, monsters that reside in the forest during winter return to their habital territory in the mountains..

Talk About Katta:

Shema : When Shameen first spoke of heading north, I did not know how to react I have always been much more of a homemaker than an adventurer. The thought of leaving our home behind, not knowing where we were going or when we would return frightened me. However, that could not surpass the anxiety I would feel if Shameen traveled alone, leaving me here worrying for him. So I decided to go with him. Over the past year, despite the excitement of seeing new lands and cultures, I have felt the pangs of homesickness quite often. But I never felt regret being by Shameen's side.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#35 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Wow! These are awesome! Is it possible that, when you're done with all these that I can get them in a Word document or something?

#36 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Soulforge89 @ Jun 2 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! These are awesome! Is it possible that, when you're done with all these that I can get them in a Word document or something?

Sure! I'll send them to you.

Midnight Conversation 04

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about your arrival in Spielburg and how you were welcomed by Sheriff Meistersson.
Shameen: The Sheriff was a very kind man who had dinner at our inn at times together with his wife and assistant. He was always very eager to listen to tales about our homeland.
Shema : We had heard that the Baron never left his castle, so Spielburg was very lucky to have the Sheriff there to represent the town and maintain order.

Talk About Katta:

You ask Shameen and Shema about their journey to Spielburg.
Shema : Saying goodbye to all our friends and relatives was difficult, but I was pleased to see how supportive everyone was.
Shameen: We sold the inn we were running at that time so we would have funds to obtain new supplies during the trip.
Shema : Our fellow Katta promised they would send us support and aid whenever we were in need of it.
Shameen: We first headed to the Citadel of Petalumeir to the north of here. From there, we took another caravan following the coast of the Med Sea and then headed north towards the Kingdom of Sangerhafen.
Shema : Every time we reached a new land, we sent a letter back to our kin in Shapeir to let them know our whereabouts. And every time we stoped in a new land, we visited the Adventurer's Guild in order to learn about the local news.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#37 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Midnight Conversation 05

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about the Guild Hall in Spielburg.
Shameen: The Guild Hall was the first place Shema and I visited upon our arrival in Spielburg.
Shema : It was cozy enough, but we were saddened to see such a place so dormant and lifeless.

Talk About Katta:

Shema : The trip from Shapeir to Sangerhafen had already taken several months and winter was approaching rapidly.
Shameen: As with all of our kin, Shema and I are desert dwellers and unaccustomed to colder climates. We were having increasing difficulty dealing with the declining temperature as we traveled northwest through Sangerhafen.
Shema : We kept asking ourselves how far we still had to travel. We eventually found the answer in a small Adventurer's Guild several days traveling to the west of Wien, the capital of Sangerhafen.
Shameen: Pinned to the Guild wall was a poster requesting a hero for the realm of Spielburg to the west.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#38 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Midnight Conversation 06

Talk About Adventures:

You tell your friends about the many fearsome monsters you encountered in the forest of Spielburg.
Shema : The only monsters we saw there were of the stuffed variety on the walls of the Guild Hall. We did not dare to venture into the forest of Spielburg.
Shameen: Our people can fight, if necessary, but because of our small stature we see battle as a last resort, rather than a way to gain individual glory.

Talk About Katta:

Shameen: We were told that the very caravan we were on would be the last that traveled west for many months. The Dragonsmoke mountain range near Spielburg is notorious for being difficult to traverse and caravans avoid it completely during the winter months.
Shema : I do not think there was any part of our journey where I felt more miserable than during the it took us to reach Spielburg. The icy winds blowing through the pass chilled me to the bone and I had a lot of trouble breathing the thin mountain air.
Shameen: We were much relieved when Spielburg valley finally came within sight.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#39 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Midnight Conversation 07

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about your visit to 'Enry the 'Ermit in his cave near the Flying Falls.
Shema : He seems like a good person, but what a horrible place to live. It is difficult for me to believe someone would live in a cold, dank cave of his own free will.

Talk About Katta:

Shameen: When our caravan made a stop in Spielburg, we visited the Adventurer's Guild there and spoke briefly with the Guild Master. We had hoped that a worthy adventurer had indeed claimed the title of hero there and that the Guild Master could inform us of his whereabouts.
Shema : We were most saddened to hear that the valley was still beset with problems.
Shameen: The Caravan Master informed us that recent snowfall had already made further passage through the Dragonsmoke Mountains impossible and that the caravan would head back towards Wien.
Shema : Perhaps it was the prospect of traveling through the freezing mountain area again that kept us in Spielburg. Or perhaps it was a glimmer of hope that we would still find what we were seeking. Regardless, we decided to stay in Spielburg for the winter and used our remaining funds to set up what you came to know as the Hero's Tale Inn.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#40 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Midnight Conversation 10

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about the fairies dancing around the mushroom ring at night in Spielburg forest.
Shema : Did you really dance for them? I had no idea you could dance, Tenata.
Shameen: <Chuckle> Perhaps you will let us hire you some day to entertain our guests.

Talk About Katta:

Shameen: Over the course of the winter, we had ample time to learn about Spielburg's history. We learned about the Baron becoming a recluse after the loss of his children. We heard about the Brigand band conducting raids. And we heard about the effect of the Brigand menace on the local trade routes and tourist business.
Shema : Learning about these things was most unsettling, for we did not know if the letters we had sent our kin had arrived in Shapier safely or not. And without traders and tourists, we would never make enough money from our inn to leave Spielburg.
Shameen: The mountain pass opened up a few weeks before you arrived in Spielburg. We had our very first guest stay over around that time. Unfortunately, as you know, he was no longer in a position to pay for his room and board.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#41 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Midnight Conversation 11

Talk About Adventures:

You tell your friends about how you dispelled the baronet Barnard von Spielburg.
Shema: We met him at your ceremony in Spielburg, but he did not seem to be a very sympathetic person. When we greeted him, he barely acknowledged our presence.
Shameen: I hope he will mature somewhat before the rule of the valley is entrusted to his care. A wise ruler regards his subjects as equals, rather than looking down on them.

Talk About Katta:

Shameen: Our kin in Shapeir had not forgotten about us. They sent a great deal of trade items along with the very next caravan heading for Spielburg. That happened to be Abdulla's caravan.
Shema: Abdulla was asked to sell trade items that the Katta merchants in Shapeir supplied him with. He was supposed to use the profits to help us continue our journey.
Shameen: Abdulla happened to be close to Spielburg when the road to the valley became accessible again and expected to make a small fortune by being the first trader to arrive in the valley that year.
Shema: Unfortunately, the Brigands anticipated that the clearing of the snow would attract traders and they ambushed Abdulla's caravan and stole all of his belongings just before he reached Spielburg Valley.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#42 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Any more? *is eagerly waiting* bounce.gif

#43 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Midnight Conversation 12

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about the enchanted meadow and the spell of protection surrounding the town of Spielburg.
Shameen: Shema and I heard several stories about Erana as we made our way from Shapeir to Spielburg. Particularly in the areas near Sangerhafen and Mordavia, tales about her were plentiful.
Shema: It did strike me that while her deeds are known about Erana herself. It is almost as if she were a benevolent spirit, rather than a living being who lived among us at one time.

Talk About Katta:

Shameen: The robbery was as much a tragedy to us as it was to Abdulla. There had been times during our journey when I came to question the feasibility of our mission. Shema and I were not used to live on the road and as months went by, we started wondering how much longer we were meant to roam the far reaches of our world.
When Abdulla entered our inn with the news that the Brigands had not only taken his belongings but our own wealth as well,I felt like things were collapsing around me.
It would have been one thing if our letter had not reached its destination or if our kin decided not to go out of their way to help us, but for the necessities required for our departure to make it all the way from Shapeir to Spielburg's mountain pass and then be stolen mere miles away from our doorstep was too much.
Realizing I had not only trapped myself in that cold land but Shema as well made me despair for the first time since we left Shapeir.
--------------

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#44 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Midnight Conversation 13

Talk About Adventures:

You tell about your encounter with Baba Yaga and how she forced you to bring her a mandrake root.
Shameen: That must have been a frightful experience being turned into a frog and held over a boiling cauldron.
Shema: There is a certain irony in the fact that you partially returned the favor.

Talk About Katta:

Shema: Despite our own sorrow, Shameen and I felt deeply for Abdulla. At the very least we still had a place to spend the night and a modest means of making income. We offered him our hospitality free of charge for as long as necessary
Shameen: We were not sure how long we could afford to provide him with a free room and board, but we felt partly responsible for his plight and could relate closely to his grief.
Shema: While Abdulla may seem somewhat foolish at times, he understands the value of friendship very well. He promised us that if he ever recovered his flying carpet from the Brigands, he would take us anywhere we wished to go, even if that meant leaving behind any of his treasure that would not fit on the carpet.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#45 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Midnight Conversation 14

Talk About Adventures:

You tell your Katta friends about the Brigand warlock, who turned out to be the Baron's jester, Yorick.
Shameen: He could not remove the enchantment that blocked Elsa's memories, so he remained in her service all those years despite the fact he was not a crook at heart.
Shema: Elsa could not have wished for a truer friend.

Talk About Katta:

Shema: A mere week after Abdulla's arrival, another new face appeared in Spielburg.
Shameen: I still recall the day you first came wandering into our inn. I could tell by the look on your face that you had never seen a Katta before in your life.
Shema: We were afraid to embrace hope once again as the previous disappointment still lingered in our minds. But from the outset, we could tell that you were most kind a person and that impressed us greatly.

--------------
This was my final midnight conversation. As Erpy said there are 16 conversations. My first started at the end of the day 3, so I missed 2 of them. I hope I'll see them all when I replay QFG2 VGA some day.

I Am Paladin and Wizard