Photo

Email from Lori about new game (School for Heroes)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

I received this email from Lori Ann Cole, today. It's got very exciting news and she asked me to share it with you guys if I wanted! thumbs.gif

So here it is:
................................................................................

Hi Elsa,

I just re-registered for the More Glory site, but I can’t post in the forums yet. So I thought I’d give you an update on our lives and let you post what you want to the forums.

I was trying to comment on the status update that Blake started.

Corey mentioned in his update that we might be doing a remake of QG1. My response to that information was much like some of the comments on the forum – why would we want to do that? We really prefer to do something new.

So Other than that wacky idea, the rest of the things Corey mentioned were topics we have had under serious discussion lately.

However, Corey and I had a very interesting time at Comic Con last weekend. We spent many hours in meetings at the convention with various people. As a result of these meetings, I can say that a Kickstarter project is definitely in our future. However, we don’t know what project we will be funding yet. It will depend upon other people, development houses, and game companies.

I would like to start the Kickstarter in late October, so that will give you all a chance to get excited about the mystery project even though it’s still a mystery to us.

At Comic Con, they held a panel on Kickstarting games with Oded Sharon from Adventure Mob, , Chris Jones (Tex Murphy), Chris Pope (Two Guys from Andromeda: SpaceVenture), Jordan Weisman (Shadowrun), and Chris Avellone (Wasteland 2). One of the points they stressed was that every successful kickstarter project has depended upon “Super Fans” to help.

There could be no more loyal, wonderful, or Super fans than the people here on Quest for More Glory.

In particular Elsa, you have been a wonderful supporter over the years and we owe you a great debt for keeping this website and the spirit of QfG alive.

To repay part of this debt, we will make sure that any news we have about what we are doing will be announced on your forums quickly. Corey and I will have a more active role in posting on your forums and making sure you all know firsthand any exciting events.

I would also like to ask for the help from the fans to help spread the news and build the excitement for our Kickstarter campaign. We’re going to start a website that will be members-only for all the Super Fan people who help with our Kickstarter project. You, Elsa, will be one of the first members. You’ve certainly earned it.

I’m really excited by all the things that are going on right now. This is going to be fun.

Keep on Questing,

Lori

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

I don't know if I'm more excited for you or just for the fact that they're going to be on the forums here.

I certainly intend on being one of those super fans though! Oh, I'm so thrilled I could just SQUEE!

...but I won't because there are other people asleep in this house/neighborhood/zip code right now, and it would be rude to waken them with how excited I am. tongue.gif

#3 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

I... think I just had a fan-gasm! I've not been this excited since I got a pin in the mail from Lori!

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#4 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

She said my name!!!! Nerdgasm lol

This is great news.. although this super fan was more than happy with either a remake or a new game.. bring it on! smile.gif

Edited by Blake00, 22 July 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods for Doom 2, & Civilization 2.
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.
- Lord Of The Rings, & Star Trek action pictures.

#5 Thepal

Thepal

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I guess keeping this place alive has paid off. (can you tell my Paladin started off as a thief?)

It will be interesting to see what comes next. I've spent the last week playing through the QfG series to recreate my lost saved games/characters/point lists. I'll be starting QfG4 this afternoon. Some games are timeless.

#6 James StarRunner

James StarRunner

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Nice update! And yes, I think you totally deserve to be one of the first members!
Evil wizards? Dark Knights? Banana pudding? I'll take them all on!

#7 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thanks James sweety smile.gif

*hugs*

#8 Druss

Druss

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

Welp, that's it then, no point in putting it off, just tell me where to mail my wallet now.

Hey Elsa, congrats on the super fan thing. Put in a good word for me, eh? I'll give you first dibs on anything I "borrow" from now on.

Edited by Druss, 27 July 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#9 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Kickstarter campaign? Sign me up!
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.

#10 LoriAnnCole

LoriAnnCole

Lady Jaina Proudmoore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

It's been a Chaotic time in our lives since I last emailed Elsa about our plans for a new game. However, this week we made some serious decisions and commitments towards what we are going to do.

Since 2003, I've been running the School for Heroes. We closed the doors to the site last year for many reasons. However, the most important reason was that the School was intended to be a game but had turned into something else.

Still, we believe in heroes. We believe firmly in the power and influence that every person can have in the world when that person is willing to stand for his beliefs. We believe that learning is fun and that we learn best by doing things. We believe that games are powerful, meaningful experiences.

We believe that the new School for Heroes game will be fun, fresh, and exciting. It will have all the story-telling, quirky characters, humor, and excitement of the QfG series.

It's time for us to put those beliefs to the test.

We are going to create the School for Heroes game. It's an on-line Adventure RPG AND an interactive community.

We are pouring all our years of experience in playing games, writing games, and making games into this venture.

We can't do it alone. We need you. We need all of you to help us get this game off the ground.

We are planning a Kickstarter project for late October. There's a lot of work we need to do before we can get started.

Help us publicize our plans and energize our fans. We need to let everybody know that we are hard at work creating something that we hope they will love as much as QfG.

Be part of this project and help us make this dream into a reality. The world needs heroes, and so do we!

#11 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Count me in, Mrs. Cole! smile.gif

It's great to see our own Hero posting here too, by the way! biggrin.gif

*tries to keep fingers from shaking with excitment, and quadruple checks for typos*

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#12 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

* smiles and curtsies to Mrs. Cole *

#13 SierraFan1981

SierraFan1981

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

I am a member of the Keronian Underground, and I would be honored to assist in kickstarting this latest quest for achieving the ultimate glory! smile.gif
The Procestuousity begins here!

#14 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

You can count me in too of course! smile.gif Anything I can do! thumbs.gif

Added on Facebook biggrin.gif

#15 Arcc

Arcc

AM I AN ADMIN YET

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I need a smaller version of that gif. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (myself)
I forge my sword of victory from the silver linings of my failures.

I'm Arc Collins, and I'm a Paladin. I care because I comprehend.