11 replies to this topic

#1 Avoozl

Avoozl

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:40 AM

I've looked everywhere for that stupid Terrorsaurus, but I can't find him! The only reason I'm complaining is it's because I'm a fighter and I want max points.

#2 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:24 AM

I think you mean the Saurus Rex, right?

When you hit 1000 experience points, the Saurus Rex begins to appear a little more frequently than before, even during the day as opposed to only the night-time. If you haven't seen a Saurus Rex yet, check your experience points, and don't forget to go fighting at night.

I hope this helps.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#3 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:03 AM

Apart from experiance, rescuing Bernard can sometimes trigger creatures like the Cheetaur and Terrorsaurus to show up more often... and other things like high stats, since you got to be tough to beat those monsters. wink.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#4 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, you just need to max out your experience points. Then you'll be hitting them every other screen.

Find QFG Import files here.

#5 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:54 AM

Don't forget the trolls. Those are fun too. I've always had those show up before the Terrorsaurs started roaming, so once you hit those you're close!
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#6 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:59 AM

Yeah, but at this point you need to start carrying a lot of potions. I've hit 5 trolls in a row before. bounce.gif

#7 Gema Meldine

Gema Meldine

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:42 AM

There is no terrosaurus in QFG1, Terrosaurus is the purple veloceraptor looking thing in TBF.
user posted image

"Help the world and in so doing help yourself, for that is our way..." - Gema

My Inner Hero - Rogue!

I'm a Rogue!

It's a good thing I use my powers for good and not evil, because quite frankly, I could get away with murder. I'm clever, tricky, and charming. I know how to make you laugh with one hand and pick your pocket with the other. Not that I'd ever DO that, of course...

#8 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:44 AM

I know I'm just nitpicking but it looks more like a T-rex then a raptor. The Jurrasic Park movies made the T-Rex look right, but they really messed up on the Veloceraptors. Veloceraptor don't stand up-right like they did in those movies.

#9 Avoozl

Avoozl

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:33 AM

Damn! That was tough, but I did it!

#10 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:25 AM

Excellent! thumbs.gif

#11 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:57 AM

Velociraptors upright in Jurassic Park? I thought Spielburg had them more low-slung, kinda like the saurus?

And congratulations Avoozl. smile.gif
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#12 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

I usually find I'm able to defeat a Saurus Rex in 4 blows - if I remember correctly - and that's at maximum strength, weapon use, etc. It gets to a point in the game where I can't move 2 screens without running into one of the powerful monsters (i.e., trolls, cheetaurs, mantrays), so in order to increase my character's intelligence and luck, if they need increasing, I wander around close to the Erana's Peace, become attacked, fight (using dodge and parry a LOT to spin out the battle, and slowly, slowly increase my intelligence), then heal up.

Congratulations on defeating your first cheetaur. May there be many more.