12 replies to this topic

#1 ADVRipper

ADVRipper

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

I just imported a character from Quest for Glory 2.

I start playing with a fighter and then become a paladin.

But after i turned into a Paladin, i couldn't get his special abilities (Flaming Sword, Heal, Sense Danger, and Honor Shield).

My final score was 505 (i heard the maximum possible from Fighter to Paladin is 513)

So, i guess i missing this:

Get Flaming Sword Ability - 2
Get Heal Ability - 2
Get Sense Danger Ability - 2
Get Honor Shield Ability - 2

I also started a new game with a Paladin, and i couldn't learn any of these abilities.

How can i fix this?

#2 ADVRipper

ADVRipper

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

Paladin Points

I found the answer a few hours later after i created this topic.

I thought the paladin gain the abilities when he travels to the village with Rakeesh. Actually, no. When you play with the paladin, every time you got Honor Points, you automatically gain Paladin Points with the same amount.

Get Flaming Sword Ability (10 Paladin Points) - 2 Puzzle Points.

Get Heal Ability (25 Paladin Points) - 2 Puzzle Points.

Get Sense Danger Ability (50 Paladin Points) - 2 Puzzle Points.

Get Honor Shield Ability (80 Paladin Points) - 2 Puzzle Points.

It's easy to get these abilities and the points when you start playing with a paladin.

But when you start playing with a Fighter, and then becomes a Paladin, you will have a problem. How am i supposed to get 80 Honor Points? I mean, you are close to the end of the game. There is not much to do to get Honor Points. I can't go back to the city of Tarna and give a lot of food to the thief during the night.

I got only this:

Get Flaming Sword Ability (10 Paladin Points) - 2 Puzzle Points.

My new high score with "Fighter to Paladin" is 507 of 513.

How can i get the other three Paladin abilities?

This is my only problem with the game.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

#3 ADVRipper

ADVRipper

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

This is the solution:

Visit the meerbats the first time, and use the Fetch Spell to get the fruit (you will need it for the dispel potion). Don't come back to the venomous vine area. Get 25 or more Health Pills with Salim.

After you become a Paladin, you will get 9 Paladin Points.

Talk to Rajah without offending him - 2 Paladin Points.

Defend Rakeesh to Rajah - 2 Paladin Points.

Swear the oath at the Hall of Judgment - 5 Paladin Points.

To reach 80 Paladin Points:

Go back to the venomous vine area. Save the meerbat (throw a rock, a dagger, or use a spell). Get closer to the meerbat and start using your Heath Pills on him until you get the Heal Ability. Then, use the Heal Ability on the meerbat. Won't be enough to get 80 Paladin Points.Get out and come back. Quickly, use the Heal Ability on him a few times. Don't take the Opal and the fruit. Get out and come back again. Keep using the Heal Abillity on the meerbat. Do this trick until you have 80 Paladin Points ot more. Take the fruit and the Opal after that.

Does anybody have a better trick than this one?

YouTube video:

#4 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Buy tons of rations from the dog merchant

Give them to the thief at night.

There. Easy Paladin points.
All is well!~

#5 ADVRipper

ADVRipper

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:37 PM

"Buy tons of rations from the dog merchant

There. Easy Paladin points."

Won't work, because after the fighter becomes a paladin, he just can't go back to the city of Tarna.

#6 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

Uh oh wink.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#7 Red Paladin

Red Paladin

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Zachski @ Oct 20 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy tons of rations from the dog merchant

There. Easy Paladin points.

Even easier, offer him money, he won't accept it, as he can't spend it, you lose nothing, you gain Honor/Paladin Points,
And Harami, is left with a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing you care... smile.gif

QUOTE (ADVRipper @ Oct 21 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Won't work, because after the fighter becomes a paladin, he just can't go back to the city of Tarna.

I mostly played the Wizard in Wages of War, so my memory of the Paladin's story is a little fuzzy, Is it possible to max out Honor/Paladin Points, either before leaving Tarna or before becoming a Paladin?
"An open mind, can travel the length and breath of eternity, and still learn more on a second time around..."

#8 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Red Paladin @ May 8 2012, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to max out Honor/Paladin Points, either before leaving Tarna or before becoming a Paladin?

As far as I remember you can't get Paladin points before becoming a Paladin

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#9 Red Paladin

Red Paladin

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (tenata @ May 9 2012, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I remember you can't get Paladin points before becoming a Paladin

I may very well be mistaken on this, and you'd more than likely, know better about the Fighter/Paladin story than I, however I do vaguely remember Paladin Point's, being tallied from a combination of your Honor score, and Paladin actions, if so, then you should receive higher Paladin Points if you have a higher Honor score when becoming a Paladin, although I could be wrong, as I never really had more than muck about games with the Fighter, you know kind of just trying stuff out...

Edited by Red Paladin, 09 May 2012 - 06:14 AM.

"An open mind, can travel the length and breath of eternity, and still learn more on a second time around..."

#10 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

I gave him plenty of rations before ever leaving the city so he wouldn't starve. I also bought plenty of meet for myself. Sadly this is the game I played the least in the series so I can't be of too much help here as I always become a Paladin in TBF.

Find QFG Import files here.

#11 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

IIRC, you become a paladin right before you leave on the peace mission. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I'm not entirely sure. I usually become a paladin in TBF too, so I've only become one in WoW once.
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.

#12 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

You become a Paladin if you have a high enough honor, if you've done certain things/haven't done certain things (I've heard that refusing to swear the oath prevents you from becoming a paladin), and when the Simbani have their Spear of Death, and the Leopardmen have their Magic Drum. Rakeesh calls you to become a Paladin and performs the ceremony in his own house, right before the conference between Rajah, the Laibon, and the Leopardmen Chief.
All is well!~

#13 Thepal

Thepal

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

I'm trying to remember how I got honor up when I was testing the fighter points. I know that it goes up when you disarm traps, so you could I s'pose wander around until you find enough of them. I think that I used the Monkey somehow... I think continuously greeting him or something got honor up. Try doing that (and other conversation options) at the Monkey Village.