13 replies to this topic

#1 Thepal

Thepal

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:29 AM

I just finished QfG2 and I'm just wondering, how many people have done it? That is, start QfG2 as a Thief, finish as a Paladin, and have 500 out of 500 points. Years ago when I first got 500 I seem to remember everyone thinking that you couldn't get 500 as a thief-paladin (well... everyone that knew that you could actually become a Paladin when playing as a Thief).

#2 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

Didn't think that was possible. Did you break in 'n stuff? Weird, but congrats! Drinks on me!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#3 Thepal

Thepal

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

Well, it's not hard to do, it's just most people don't know how.

Basically, you need to break into Issur's shop and steal from him, and also give the sign to Dinarzad, but not do her breakin quest (plus do all the legal thief stuff, like buying oil and rope). The rest of the thief points (Shapeir breakin house and Raseir blackbird stuff) are made up for by the Paladin points. Unlike the Fighter and Magic User the thief only goes up to 500 when he becomes a paladin, not 550.

#4 EDB

EDB

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

But become a paladin, dont you have to join EOF and fight the guy only to spare him? Also, you would have to fight Khaveen etc etc. I dont remember thieves being allowed to wield swords. But I havent played that class in a long time. I also though you had to have 200 honor points (which probably isnt that hard to get, I suppose) to get paladin too. Or do you just need 200 honor for any class to get paladin? hmm.

#5 Tallin

Tallin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

It's 75 honour points, I believe, which is extremely easy to get...and only the fighter can join EOF and is therefore the only one who must spare him, or fight Khaveen...the other classes have different paths...

I believe I've actually gotten 517/550 as a thief/paladin. It's simply not possible to gain the entire 550 as the thief because a good number of the thief points are not honourable and result in automatic disqualification from paladinhood...

Are you sure it said 500/500? Because I'm pretty sure becoming a paladin automatically ups the max to 550...

Edited by Tallin, 02 July 2005 - 12:39 AM.

My name is Tallin and I am a Rogue.

Rogue Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#6 Thepal

Thepal

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:16 AM

With the Thief it only goes up to 500. The Paladin points make up for thief stuff you can't do.

These are my Paladin notes (edited version of Corey's, which were wrong):

PALADIN

To become a Paladin, you must have achieved an Honor score of at least 75. You must also have at least 25 Paladin Points.

FIGHTER

Return Omar's lost purse (found in the fountain plaza) (7 PP).
Return Rakeesh's sword without being asked (5 PP).
Be polite to Aziza and impress her with your manners (don't get kicked out) (3 PP).
Refuse to kill EOF opponent (just say "no") (7 PP).
Give money to the beggar more than once (5 PP).
Tell Khaveen to retrieve his sword (7 PP).
You *lose* 10 Paladin Points if you disturb/kill the Griffin. (There is a way to get a Griffin feather without bothering the Griffin.) This was not supposed to have been a total disqualifier, but it effectively is (since you can get at most 34 Paladin Points prior to becoming a Paladin, and losing 10 reduces you to 24 -- below the limit). Sorry! If we ever do a remake, we'll reduce the penalty to -5.
Qualify as Paladin (6 PP).
Be officially recognized (ceremony at end-game) (10 PP).

MAGIC USER

Be polite to Aziza and impress her with your manners (don't get kicked out) (3 PP).
Use Calm spell on Khaveen (7 PP).
You *lose* 10 Paladin Points if you disturb/kill the Griffin. (There is a way to get a Griffin feather without bothering the Griffin.) This was not supposed to have been a total disqualifier, but it effectively is (since you can get at most 34 Paladin Points prior to becoming a Paladin, and losing 10 reduces you to 24 -- below the limit). Sorry! If we ever do a remake, we'll reduce the penalty to -5.
Qualify as Paladin (6 + 12 PP). Note that Wizards and Thieves who manage to qualify as Paladins receive an extra 12 points, since they don't have the opportunity to return Rakeesh's sword or spare the EOF fighter's life.

THIEF

Qualify as Paladin (6 + 12 PP). Note that Wizards and Thieves who manage to qualify as Paladins receive an extra 12 points, since they don't have the opportunity to return Rakeesh's sword or spare the EOF fighter's life.

You cannot do the following:

Killing Khaveen when he's unarmed.
Taking money from Omar's purse before returning the purse.
Having to be reminded (by Uhura) to return Rakeesh's sword. (You must return it voluntarily.)
Entering the "breakin house" in Shapeir or Khaveen's house in Raseir.
Trying to kill a helpless opponent in your EOF initiation.

YOU CAN:
Using the X-Ray specs to peep at the princess (Zayishah) changing clothes.

Edited by Thepal, 02 July 2005 - 06:35 AM.

#7 ADVRipper

ADVRipper

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

To become a Paladin, you must have achieved an Honor score of at least 75. You must also have at least 25 Paladin Points.

Paladin Points:

Return Rakeesh's sword without being asked (5 PP). - Fighters only.

Refuse to kill EOF opponent (just say "no") (7 PP). - Fighters only.

Tell Khaveen to retrieve his sword (7 PP). - Fighters only.

You *lose* 10 Paladin Points if you disturb/kill the Griffin. (There is a way to get a Griffin feather without bothering the Griffin.) This
was not supposed to have been a total disqualifier, but it effectively is (since you can get at most 34 Paladin Points prior to becoming a Paladin, and losing 10 reduces you to 24 -- below the limit). Sorry! If we ever do a remake, we'll reduce the penalty to -5.

Fighters = Qualify as Paladin (6 PP).

Wizards and Thieves = Qualify as Paladin (6 + 12 PP). Note that Wizards and Thieves who manage to qualify as Paladins receive an extra 12 points, since they don't have the opportunity to return Rakeesh's sword or spare the EOF fighter's life.

Use Calm spell on Khaveen (7 PP). - All characters get these 7 points, but thieves get more points for getting a diferent patch to reach Ad Avis. Fighters get more points for defeating Khaveen in a sword fight.

You cannot do the following:

Killing Khaveen when he's unarmed.
Taking money from Omar's purse before returning the purse.
Having to be reminded (by Uhura) to return Rakeesh's sword. (You must return it voluntarily.)
Entering the "breakin house" in Shapeir.
Trying to kill a helpless opponent in your EOF initiation.

YOU CAN:
Using the X-Ray specs to peep at the princess (Zayishah) changing clothes.
Entering the Khaveen's house in Raseir.

Thief ending = 500 of 500

If you are a thief and want to become a paladin, you can't go inside the "breakin house" in Shapeir.

"Breakin House" points (Thief only):

Pick lock to Metal Worker's House - 3 points.

Pick lock to Metal Worker's Secret Chest, find $60 - 3 points.

Search Metal Worker's Secret Chest, find Silver Dagger, worth $30 - 5 points.

Oil Door of Metal Worker's Cabinet, get hiding place - 3 points.

Search Metal Worker's Cabinet, find Emerald Bowl, worth $40 - 3 points.

Take Metal Worker's Silver Tea Service, worth $20 - 3 points.

Fence first stolen item with Dinarzad - 3 points.

23 points lost in total.

500 - 23 = 477 Thief Ending Score.

The thief must become a paladin to get more than 477 points.

Return Omar's lost purse (found in the fountain plaza) (7 PP). + 477 = 484

Be polite to Aziza and impress her with your manners (don't get kicked out) (3 PP). + 484 = 487

Give money to the beggar more than once (5 PP). + 487 = 492

Wizards and Thieves = Qualify as Paladin (6 + 12 PP). + 492 = 510

Be officially recognized (ceremony at end-game) (10 PP). + 510 = 520

Final score of Thief-Paladin = 520 of 500.

#8 Zaphod08

Zaphod08

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

In all the time I've played the game, I never found the purse. What day does it happen?

#9 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I don't remember -- I just check the Fountain Plaza, next to the apothecary, every single day!

#10 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

day... 7? I think?

#11 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

In QFG2VGA it's day 7. First you have to listen to Omar's poetry near the fountain, then exit the plaza and return again.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#12 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

I think I've had that happen to me on Day 8 too, but I'm not too sure cause it's been ages hehe lol.gif

And yeah, you have to listen to the entire poem by Omar, at the fountain plaza, outside the Apothecary. He will reach up to a point to say "For he is a Paladin!" or something. smile.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#13 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

I love that poem so much, that I wrote in my notes on my iPhone! smile.gif

#14 Nanuaraq

Nanuaraq

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Dec 11 2012, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I've had that happen to me on Day 8 too, but I'm not too sure cause it's been ages hehe lol.gif

And yeah, you have to listen to the entire poem by Omar, at the fountain plaza, outside the Apothecary. He will reach up to a point to say "For he is a Paladin!" or something. smile.gif

In the original QFG2EGA, a sure-fire pointer is to listen to the poems while watching the fountain. It stops running when Omar speaks! When the fountain begins running again, thats the time when he's done with his reading, and you may exit and re-enter the screen to find the purse.