86 replies to this topic

#16 El Ravager

El Ravager

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:27 PM

Of course, if the rights are sold, its doubtful the official forum won't be shut down. frown.gif
"And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. All power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely." -Lord Acton

#17 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (~Brassfire the Mage~ @ Jul 18 2003, 04:43 PM)
So, who is keeping a watch on Vivendi's selloff?

Orion and PL were telling me just the other day how much they would love to keep an eye on Vivendi's sell off... wink.gif tongue.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#18 El Ravager

El Ravager

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:30 PM

I remember that conversation. I think everyone was happy in the end. biggrin.gif
"And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. All power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely." -Lord Acton

#19 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:42 PM

*Pulls off Eyepatch...* pirate2.gif I just hope they don't sell the eye with it... It's setting right on top biggrin.gif

#20 El Ravager

El Ravager

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:51 PM

Ehh??

#21 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:51 PM

So what if they shut down the offical forum? The Coles will probably open up their own offical forum for QFG on their website. It only makes sense, after all, they would have the responsablity of opening a new place for fans to hang around.

And I hope that they provide free manuals online for the folks who bought their games off Ebay and winded up without the manual, and thus, being incapable of finishing games like QFG 4.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#22 El Ravager

El Ravager

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:54 PM

Erhhm...I happen to like the official forums, and would be pissed if they were shut down...

#23 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:37 PM

Well if the Coles get the rights, then the forums at Sierra would not be the offical forums anymore, and Sierra would have no reason to keep them there. I'm sorry, but I really do believe that they would shut them down if the sale of the rights of QFG is made, and that is a compromise we all have to make if QFG is ever going to come back to life.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#24 Mikkel

Mikkel

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:"Quest for Glory", RPG's (mostly games by White-Wolf), Computers, Games, "Neverwinter Nights", Red Dwarf, Futurama, Anime.

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:42 PM

And if worst came to worst the community could always migrate here, though we would probably lose a lot of members in the process frown.gif - but otherwise the news are great smile.gif
"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show. The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than Man, which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in mathematics as surely as poetry."
- Bertrand Russell "Study of Mathematics"

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

World Community Grid - technology solving problems

#25 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:51 PM

We won't lose anything, there's a million QFG forums out there, I have no doubt all members would find their way into at least one of them.

#26 El Ravager

El Ravager

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:53 PM

That's a big maybe, PL.

Till next time stay dood dood3a.gif

#27 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:16 AM

I would like to know how we can alert these "millions" of fans that we have such a potentially important petition going...

Let's not worry about what happens to the QfG forums just yet. "Sufficient unto the day..."

#28 FMZ

FMZ

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:39 AM

I know how to inform millions of people

Goto every QFG forum you know off, and start a thread about the Petition and forward them to over here. thumbs.gif

#29 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:44 AM

If you happen to know of any other QfG forums than:

FACS
Sierra
Matt's QfG site
QfGP
Lira's Duchy

then please post the links here and we'll do just that. Thank you. <smile>
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#30 FMZ

FMZ

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:49 AM

I could go on all day, some are somewhat related to QFG ...

http://sflah.com/
http://qfgc.virtualave.net/
http://www.qfg3d.com...forum/forum.cgi

Hopefully, people will read and respond accordingly. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users