Photo

Email from Lori about new game (School for Heroes)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 CoreyCole

CoreyCole

Dr. Cranium's Lab Assistant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

We seem to have confused some people with the original post. A couple of clarifications:

1. We aren't making an online game. It will be a single-player game with both RPG and adventure elements - heavily story and character based, but also with a fair amount of combat. We will try to make the combat so that the player has some real tactical options, but that it isn't too annoying for players who want to focus on solving the mysteries and experiencing the story.

2. The "community" aspect will be on the web site, and is not strictly speaking part of the game. We have some game features that we want to tie in to the web site. The extent to which we do this partially depends on how successful we are raising funds. We won't allow the community site to take away from the game if we're on a tight budget, but we definitely want to have both if we have the time and money to support doing that.

3. Ref Superheroes, so far I've just collected messages from interested fans. Lori has set up a prototype site, but is waiting for me to do some database stuff to keep track of superheroes and other supporters.

4. Once we have a "Click here to keep up to date with project news" button, and I figure out how :-), I'll do a single email blast to all registered School for Heroes students to let them know they can click on that button to get further updates. Anyone clicking it will get a form to add their name and email to a database table of people interested in the project.

5. When we launch the Kickstarter, I'll do a second email blast to people on the new list to let them know the project is available.

#62 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sounds great. That is the same balance of features that made QfG so good.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#63 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

This sounds awesome. I still wish there was some way to tie it into the original games though.
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.

#64 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

I'll be looking at it as an "AU" (Alternate Universe) >.>

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#65 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Lori & Corey: Glad to hear its a single player RPG adventure.

Take my money.. PLEASE!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods for Doom 2, & Civilization 2.
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.
- Lord Of The Rings, & Star Trek action pictures.

#66 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

New interview of the Coles here: http://mashable.com/...LycQj5-Hz9M#_=_

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

#67 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Orion @ Sep 17 2012, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be looking at it as an "AU" (Alternate Universe) >.>

Just like I consider my QFG fanfic. I call it the "Three Heroes" universe.

#68 khan strider

khan strider

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

WOW this is great news I'm a huge fan and am really looking forward to this
On my honor I will try there's a duty to be done and i say aye

My name is khan strider and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#69 Druss

Druss

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (CoreyCole @ Sep 16 2012, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We seem to have confused some people with the original post. A couple of clarifications:

1. We aren't making an online game. It will be a single-player game with both RPG and adventure elements - heavily story and character based, but also with a fair amount of combat. We will try to make the combat so that the player has some real tactical options, but that it isn't too annoying for players who want to focus on solving the mysteries and experiencing the story.

2. The "community" aspect will be on the web site, and is not strictly speaking part of the game. We have some game features that we want to tie in to the web site. The extent to which we do this partially depends on how successful we are raising funds. We won't allow the community site to take away from the game if we're on a tight budget, but we definitely want to have both if we have the time and money to support doing that.

That's good to hear, I'm officially interested again.

#70 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

Hehe smile.gif

#71 Oblaque_Wopen

Oblaque_Wopen

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (CoreyCole @ Sep 16 2012, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3. Ref Superheroes, so far I've just collected messages from interested fans. Lori has set up a prototype site, but is waiting for me to do some database stuff to keep track of superheroes and other supporters.

4. Once we have a "Click here to keep up to date with project news" button, and I figure out how :-), I'll do a single email blast to all registered School for Heroes students to let them know they can click on that button to get further updates. Anyone clicking it will get a form to add their name and email to a database table of people interested in the project.

5. When we launch the Kickstarter, I'll do a second email blast to people on the new list to let them know the project is available.

I love you psycho.gif

#72 Eandyil

Eandyil

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

O.o

Alright, enough drooling on the lords of QFG... Back of the line.

*Points firmly.... then drools all over the feet of said lords of QFG*

Granted it can't be QFG, but meh. Although I wonder if the rights are for sale and, if so, for how much...

#73 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

The rights to the QFG series are not currently for sale. But there are companies that want to get permision from Activision to create a new QFG game. And if a company gets the permision, there is a huge chance that Lori and Corey will be leading the team for creating the new QFG game. smile.gif

#74 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I wish I was like..... the world's wealthiest man so I could buy the rights to things like QfG even if they aren't for sale. Just show up at Activision and be like "PS, here's 949453 trillion dollars for the rights to Quest for Glory. And King's Quest. And Warcraft. And Diablo. And do you own anything else I'm obsessed with? I'll take that too."

But alas. I live in reality. Saddddd. frown.gif