3 replies to this topic

#1 nicolaevich

nicolaevich

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

I just had a curious problem when attempting to beat QFG2 VGA using a Fighter with magical abilities. Instead of throwing flames at me after I knocked over the candle, Ad Avis turned me into a Saurus. For a while, I couldn't figure out why he didn't just try to kill me and how I could get out of it. The problem was that I wasn't able to perform any actions or move before he trans-Saurused me.

Turns out the problem was the magic spells I had. I had completed the WIT trials and was in possession of Reversal. As a Fighter (and I would assume a Thief) with magic and Reversal, you MUST use Reversal to win the fight versus Ad Avis. There was no way around it. After he failed with his spell, however, the ending sequence carried on as normal for a Fighter.

Weird, eh? Thoughts?
"Pizza is a crucial ingredient in many scientific formulae. There is a nearly infinite variation in its effects, depending on whether one starts with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Artichokes, or Plain Cheese. One should always order extra pizza in case the experiment requires additional materials. Besides, science is hungry work!" - Dr. Cranium (Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness)

My name is Nicolaevich and I am a Rogue.

What Kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

Well, I think it all depends on your actions at a certain situation. If you try to face Ad Avis as a Fighter would, then he would treat you the way he's supposed to treat the Fighter, if you face him as a wizard/magic user would (cast spells at him), then he would treat you like he would treat the wizard.

Eitherway, since you originally chose to play the Fighter class, naturally the game ends as it's supposed to end for the Fighter class smile.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

#3 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

As Erpy said: 'the game won't let you do the fighter's way of dealing with Ad Avis if you have the reversal spell.' Here http://www.agdiforum...=reversal spell he has explained some other differences between QFG2(EGA) ending and QFG2(VGA) ending.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#4 nicolaevich

nicolaevich

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

Ah, I didn't check the AGDI Forums. My bad for the double post.
"Pizza is a crucial ingredient in many scientific formulae. There is a nearly infinite variation in its effects, depending on whether one starts with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Artichokes, or Plain Cheese. One should always order extra pizza in case the experiment requires additional materials. Besides, science is hungry work!" - Dr. Cranium (Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness)

My name is Nicolaevich and I am a Rogue.

What Kind of Hero Are You?