15 replies to this topic

#1 magdelena

magdelena

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

basically that is my problem, no matter which mode i put it on i can't say yes to her for tea, she ends up getting mad and throws me out.

-point click there's no option
-on combo and parser only she just keeps saying i asked you a question

also one more random question... if i choose to play through this and import will i have the opportunity to become a paladin in in QFG3? just curious, i've never imported my character all the way through which is what i'm trying to do right now

thanks!

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

That's because you're expected to give her a reply, not ask her about stuff.

If you click the mouth-icon on an NPC, you'll get the "ask about"-tree which allows you to interrogate that person.
If you click the mouth-icon on the hero, you'll get the "tell about"-tree which allows you to greet people, thank them, tell them about events and subjects and answer questions asked to you.

As for your other question, QFG2 (both versions) and QFG3 both allow your hero to become a paladin. In QFG2, any class can become a paladin at the end ceremony of the game, although thieves will be EXTREMELY limited in their playing style. In QFG3, only fighters can become paladins and personally, I often found it hard to avoid becoming one. Once you're proclaimed paladin, your class will remain that way so whenever you export your paladin and import it into another game, the paladin class will be retained.

#3 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

As for your other question, QFG2 (both versions) and QFG3 both allow your hero to become a paladin. In QFG2, any class can become a paladin at the end ceremony of the game, although thieves will be EXTREMELY limited in their playing style. In QFG3, only fighters can become paladins and personally, I often found it hard to avoid becoming one. Once you're proclaimed paladin, your class will remain that way so whenever you export your paladin and import it into another game, the paladin class will be retained.

You could change it in QFG 4 if you wanted to. In QFG 5, you could change your non-Paladin character into a paladin (I think it was a bug or something) but not the other way around.

Also I hated the fighter turning into a Paladin in QFG 3. Seriously, in order to retain your pure fighter class, you'd have to do some decidedly unheroic stuff, like refusing to take the vow, not defending Rakeesh, and not helping Yusufu in the race, and not chasing the thief (some of these makes you lose points). I wish there was a way you could avoid it without those restrictions.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#4 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

You just need to keep your honor below the 90 range or so. (or more technically...100) And it's remarkably easy to do without doing anything morally reprehensable. Just visit Harami in the bazaar at night, give him food once, then keep entering and leaving the screen he's in. Every time you leave the screen without acknowledging his presence or giving him something, you'll lose honor and it goes pretty quickly too. Keep that up until you're ready to return the drum and make sure your honor is like 87 or so. (since returning the drum will give you some additional honor)

#5 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

I never really thought about that, keeping the honor down, I mean. I usually keep the honor stat as high as possible (up on max) for as often as I can. I guess that was the real cause behind turning into a paladin all the time. :\ Oh well. Right now I'm having a playthrough as a thief, next time a wizard, fighter, finally Paladin.

Also this time marks the first playthrough in which I used a character playing through the remake of QFG 2! biggrin.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#6 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:59 AM

Well, either you want your fighter to remain a fighter or you want him promoted to pally. It's not like QFG2EGA used to give you a choice. I think the honor stat is the only criterium QFG3 uses in bestowing paladinhood upon you unlike QFG2 which used hidden paladin points. Thus, keeping it below a certain minimum is pretty much guaranteed to work.

#7 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

Just since we're on the topic of paladins (thread hijack, I know) how come in QGIII my paladin has all of the paladin abilities, but in QG IV about halfway through I re-get the abilities to sense danger and honor shield?
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#8 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Peter Paladin @ Mar 16 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just since we're on the topic of paladins (thread hijack, I know) how come in QGIII my paladin has all of the paladin abilities, but in QG IV about halfway through I re-get the abilities to sense danger and honor shield?

I know Honor Shield is only activated when you're using a Paladin sword and shield, but not sure about Sensing Danger. Maybe you lost some honor somewhere and gained it back?
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#9 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Matthias @ Mar 24 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Peter Paladin @ Mar 16 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know Honor Shield is only activated when you're using a Paladin sword and shield, but not sure about Sensing Danger. Maybe you lost some honor somewhere and gained it back?

I went back and checked and did not lose honor...perhaps yet another bug in QG IV? Wouldn't surprise me!

#10 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Maybe I'm wrong,but required honor points for honor shield are 320(I tried robbery and lost my honor shield at 320 points).When you import paladin,maximum for honor points is 300(tested with Character Generator)

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#11 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:57 AM

Actually, I think the requirements for the various abilities in both games vary, that's why you "regain" some stuff in QFG4. In QFG3, you had paladin points and I think those, rather than your honor determined your abilities. In QFG4, there's only honor. So standards have changed.

#12 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

We talk about QFG4.I know about paladin points in QFG3.In 'QFG4 Walkthrough by CyricZ' there is description of required honor points:
"Healing" - Earned at 230 Honor Points
"Sense Danger" - Earned at 250 Honor Points (but it works even if you don't have it)
"Honor Shield" - Earned at 280 Honor Points.
But in my game these points are different.Maybe in QFG4 there are 'hidden' paladin points,mixed with other honor points.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#13 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Mar 25 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I think the requirements for the various abilities in both games vary, that's why you "regain" some stuff in QFG4. In QFG3, you had paladin points and I think those, rather than your honor determined your abilities. In QFG4, there's only honor. So standards have changed.

Either way it's kind of annoying...

and I don't understand what the big deal of the danger sense is in QG III or IV...you still can't outrun the monsters (at least in III you cannot)...it at least serves some purpose in QG V...

#14 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

You can run away from monsters in QFG3, you just need to keep running many screens until the critter gives up. Particularly if it's a dinosaur chasing you. And danger sense is probably either:

1) Just window dressing to enhance the atmosphere in certain locations

or:

2) Some ability that was never allowed to be used to its full potential. (like most magic spells in QFG5)

#15 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

^Could be. Usually in QG III after running about a dozen screens, I say "felafel it" and turn around and fight...very annoying!