17 replies to this topic

#1 Split Personality

Split Personality

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

I played through QfG II as a figher, and I never found any fighting in the streets, yet it's mentioned in an online video I saw. The same video alludes to a sidequest. Admittedly, because I know where almost everything is in Shapeir anyway, I just visited everything and everyone on Day 1 and used the Map to get around thereafter, so it's no wonder I missed the action in the alleys. How does one find these urban brigands?

#2 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:09 AM

Read the messages on the walls (when you travel the steets, there usually is text that gives you hints on where to find the special opponent smile.gif
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:54 AM

The guy who mentioned it pulled it off later in another video, but in the first video he was unable to find it because this feature is only available when playing with the classic alleyway system.

#4 Split Personality

Split Personality

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:52 AM

That was a cute little sidequest. Nice little prize, to boot. Is it the same reward for each character type?

#5 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:12 AM

Yes it is. I was initially going to make it fighter-only, but I figured the hybrid-lovers might complain. Besides, fighting the guy with Reversal is fun.

#6 Split Personality

Split Personality

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

SPOILERS AHOY!

!

I'll admit, I needed the hint from the video that ALL the graffiti referred to street names (tried several times to use my money pouch on the fountain). Found the one on Harik Darb by accident, and had trouble getting the ones on Saif Darb and the Tarik of the Stars to trigger. I never did get around to using the eye Icon on Naufura Darb (as I had done long ago on Saif), or I might've figured out the fountain clue on my own. In retrospect, of course, all the clues are there. You can use the Eye to see the translations for Saif and Naufura, Stars is in English anyway, and Harik is the same name as the Harik Attar, who says his name means "Fire Druggist".... So yeah, interesting little side-quest, all told.

#7 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:25 AM

An easier way to get the translations for the street names is, after you first learn of the Money Changer but before you go visit her, a conversation topic shows up with Shameen, which will give you the translations with the street name. So, as you're traveling down a street, it will say "Harik Darb (Fire Street)".

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#8 Split Personality

Split Personality

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Matthias @ Oct 29 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An easier way to get the translations for the street names is, after you first learn of the Money Changer but before you go visit her, a conversation topic shows up with Shameen, which will give you the translations with the street name. So, as you're traveling down a street, it will say "Harik Darb (Fire Street)".

Ah, I saw those in the video, but had no idea how he'd gotten them. Thanks!

#9 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

Yeah. Interestingly enough the feature where Shameen or Shema explains the street names to you was a last-minute thing implemented into beta 3. The city brigand quest has been in there for 2 years or so. We realized the translation feature might make this sidequest too much of a giveaway, but figured most people wouldn't go back to the inn after hearing about the money changer in the gate plaza.

#10 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Oct 30 2008, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. Interestingly enough the feature where Shameen or Shema explains the street names to you was a last-minute thing implemented into beta 3. The city brigand quest has been in there for 2 years or so. We realized the translation feature might make this sidequest too much of a giveaway, but figured most people wouldn't go back to the inn after hearing about the money changer in the gate plaza.

I missed this on my first playthrough, naturally, but read about it while lurking at the AGD forums and tried it my second time. wink.gif

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#11 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

I actually got most of the street names from the start. Being Middle Eastern I do speak Arabic, but I never quite got around to playing this part of the game. I hope to have time to play through it more thoroughly soon.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#12 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well you do also fight the earth elemental in the streets, yeah? cool.gif
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#13 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Yep, but that one was mandatory and not particularly easy to miss. This sidequest was not in the original and was a lot more obscure.

#14 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

I will have to replay the remake and try this out!
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#15 mira

mira

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Fighting Sir James is rather interesting.I made a big mistake at my first encounter with him as a thief . I threw daggers at him (22 daggers). After falling to the floor, he standed up and run away carrying all my daggers with him !If I ever wanted to throw daggers, I should save that for the last encounter.