#16 torchinomotorino

torchinomotorino

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

Construed,

Which file and what type of system are you using?

EDIT:

I trimmed some of the fat out of the ZIP file and reran the compression.  It's a bit smaller if you'd like to retry downloading.  I also included a Readme with instructions for use. 

Edited by torchinomotorino, 20 December 2013 - 03:43 AM.

Torchino Motorino

"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" -Erasmus

#17 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm insane.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Thanks friend, So which sprites are you having problems with?

My name is Construed and I am a Warrior.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#18 torchinomotorino

torchinomotorino

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

I corrected the Hero->Running sprites I demonstrated in the demo video I posted.  I know the stealth/sneak sprites for the Hero have pink-shadow issues as well (especially around the belt-line.  However, it hasn't proved too difficult to correct them:

1) Export folder of sprites from AGS to desktop.

2) Open each sprite in GIMP and correct any pink-shadow errors by painting them the pink-color necessary for transparency.

3) Replace image for each sprite in AGS.

4) Compile and test.

Since the process for discovering which sprites require a correction is the first step in this process, I find it easier to correct any errors immediately following step one rather than making a list of affected sprites.  It's very repetitive and time consuming, but I think this brute-force approach would ensure a lower probability of error.

I might start a sprite reporting thread on the Hero6 forum for anyone who encounters a graphical error (or a missing graphic).  

Torchino Motorino

#19 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

haha, I've had my share of brute forcing lol and also creating walk/sneak and run sprites, hopefully they didn't overkill on the framecount like me :P

So are you working on the sneak/run  or should I?

For now i'm going to take a look around and see what all has problems.

#20 torchinomotorino

torchinomotorino

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Sounds good.  I've spent most of my week generating the website and forum.  Feel free to work on any sprites - I'll likely be too busy over the holidays to produce much.  I've added some forum threads for tracking what we're working on (to avoid two people working on the same part of the project).  My next project might be fixing some of the walkable areas.  I noticed some areas where the Hero should be walking behind objects.  

I'm not sure how to go about centralizing updated files from others.  I was thinking about having everyone just email them, but there may be a better way. 

Torchino Motorino

#21 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

Well, for most people Dropbox is a great way to do it, unfortunately I'm on an android tether out in the middle of the wilderness, so it's not an option for me. On my projects I just try to make sure that all people editing files know whether or not I have finished what I was doing on them, then I upload them, let the involved people know and stay away from them until they do their thing, although sometimes certain people will not do what was planned so eventually I will pick back up on the aforementioned file.

PS. I'm glad to see you stepping up to be the leader of this project, as mentioned by the previous team what was lacking from hero6 was a leader and from my own personal experience with many projects the main trait of a leader is to be dependent on nobody and no thing. You have to keep moving on with the project no matter who or what happens and no matter how much it seems like there is nobody interested or helping, eventually they will. They may come and go, but if nobody is ever dependable as long as you are there putting your time and thought into it and keeping the websites alive, there is always hope!

I only tell you this because it is the hard lessons that I've learned after over a decade of being leaders on various projects :)

#22 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Hello guys,

Saw my name mentioned on this thread so thought I better post.

Just to confirm that yes the pink issue is transparency and those sprites are relics of the old MAD engine approach in which it was a bit more difficult to get the transparency perfect. By default, AGS uses the topleft pixel as transparent - and as a general practice, we all use RGB(255,0,@255) PINK as the transparency colour. Clearly a slightly wrong pixel will show as pink.

AGS does support 32-bit sprites that are anti-aliased into the alpha channel - if that helps.

Anyway....nice to see some interest remains for this game :)

Thanks

Delta 

#23 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

Good to see you indeed delta!

We could extremely use your rare knowledge of the project,story,etc..

Please sign up on the new H6 Site, We really really need your knowledge and suggestions on various subjects.

Thanks and god bless!

-Jared

Edited by Construed, 11 January 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#24 torchinomotorino

torchinomotorino

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

Progress continues!  Check out the current progress at:

http://www.hero6.org/?page_id=32

Torchino Motorino