6 replies to this topic

#1 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

I have written a Quest for Glory Collection Series DOSBox Installer. It is XP/Vista 32/Vista 64 compatible. It has large icons for use in Vista and, of course, includes all patches, including the NewRisingSun patches. It can selectively install any or all of the games. As with the other new installers, it will automatically set up and configure the games to run in DOSBox from a Windows shortcut with CD-less game play. The CD is only needed during the installation. If you do not have DOSBox installed, it can download and install it for you.
The standard Vista warning for old games should be observed -- because of its limited write access, avoid installing in the %ProgramFiles% folder ("C:\Program Files" on most English systems) or you may have problems with not being able to save configuration changes or saving games.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

Good work, once again. I don't know where you get the energy to do this stuff, but it is appreciated. smile.gif
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#3 Druss

Druss

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:I like rice crackers. That's all you need to know.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Nice. I have an old computer handy to play older games, but it's good to have these installers as alternatives.

I noticed "May work for the Anthology". I own that release, I'll let you know how it works out for me.

#4 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

This is great! I'm about to rebuild my sister's PC (Vista Ultimate) and install these games for my nephew.

Find QFG Import files here.

#5 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks to some help that I received for Almirena, I was able to make one for the Anthology, too. It is on the same page.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#6 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:21 AM

Making this a 'sticky thread' so it doesn't get lost! smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#7 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:16 AM

You can 'sticky' it personally by just posting on it then searching for your own post! tongue.gif

But in all seriousness, it is a good thing and I think it should be stickied. I almost finished a full playthrough of the QFG series (stopping at QFG 5 due to time constraints), and I hope to play through the PQ series next (I only finished the first game, but I have all four).

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users