9 replies to this topic

#1 nicolaevich

nicolaevich

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

I'm sure just putting this on a forum will alert AGDI to the glitch and they will "fix" it, but I felt like helping out my fellow power gamers. I've found the easiest way to max out both Honor and Communication (which is tedious at best to level, because I don't know about you, but I don't want to click "Greet" and "Say Goodbye" every time I buy more Stam Pills from Harik). So, here's what you need to do:

Buy about 500 flowers from Lisha (maybe more, bargain them down to 6 or 7 centimes per bouquet).
Go into the Katta's Tail Inn, sit down, and order a Meal or Tea.
Move the cursor with the flowers to Shema and hold down enter.

Congratulations, power gamer! You've leveled your Honor and Communication to 200!

I know it's cheap, but it's better than chatting with the Griffin or endlessly greeting every person you meet if you would rather be a loner Thief.
"Pizza is a crucial ingredient in many scientific formulae. There is a nearly infinite variation in its effects, depending on whether one starts with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Artichokes, or Plain Cheese. One should always order extra pizza in case the experiment requires additional materials. Besides, science is hungry work!" - Dr. Cranium (Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness)

My name is Nicolaevich and I am a Rogue.

What Kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 Sarendor

Sarendor

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

Does this work every time, or only after Shema's dance? (I never checked whether there is a different honour gain, but she seems to appreciate the gift more if you give it to her at such times.)

My name is Sir Sarendor and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

#3 nicolaevich

nicolaevich

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

As far as I know, this works every time. I did it in the middle of the day on a day she doesn't even dance.
"Pizza is a crucial ingredient in many scientific formulae. There is a nearly infinite variation in its effects, depending on whether one starts with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Artichokes, or Plain Cheese. One should always order extra pizza in case the experiment requires additional materials. Besides, science is hungry work!" - Dr. Cranium (Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness)

#4 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

I know about this method,but I usually give flowers to Aziza.In QFG4 you may even increase your honor up to 400 offering repeatedly 1 bouquet to Rusalka.In QFG5 I give flowers to Sallah,because she sits in front of the windowbox with flowers.As about AGDI,as far as I know they aren't going to update the game since version 1.1.
Quote from AGDI forum http://www.agdiforum.......=30&t=13506 :
"If we can find the time to implement fixes for all the bugs that have been found since v1.1, then we'll hopefully release a v1.2 at some point. However, updating the game at this juncture means we'd also have to covert the game over to the AGS 3.0 engine, which opens up the potential for more bugs of a technical nature, since a lot was changed between AGS2.72 and 3.0.

The unfortunate fact is that the large majority of people will only ever download the very first version of a remake and never return to re-download the improved versions. So it's not always a good time investment to spend tons of extra work improving something that only a handful of people will appreciate."

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#5 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

I do give flowers to Shema and the others, though I do prefer the cash giving route. Yes it is expensive, especially in the remake (you give Sitar one Dinar instead of one centime, which makes it very expensive to get your honor up to 200 that way), but I don't mind after the fourth or fifth day, since usually by that time I've made most of the big purchases are done and most of what I need at that point are just pills, and they're not very expensive since you're gonna get rewarded for defeating the elementals and I generally go out every day and night to hunt for brigands and jackalmen.

That being said, my only complaint about the Jackalmen is that if you defeat them and have their bodies form a pile, the game treats it as one body instead of multiples, so you don't get accumulated cash. I get around it by making sure they don't fall on one another, so I get a good haul, even if it's mildly hectic.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#6 nicolaevich

nicolaevich

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

Actually, the Jackalmen piles each give an amount of money relative to the number of bodies in the pile. The game just gives you all the money at once rather than having to click on the pile several times.

#7 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

In the original, yes, but in the remake, they missed out on that part. You won't get nearly as much from a pile of four, for example, than four individual jackalmen.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#8 Ajanhuiri

Ajanhuiri

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Communication is actually more important to true stat maxing that most realize: it makes things a lot cheaper. That said, all the concessionaires have a price point. For example, Lisha's flowers can be purchased straight out by counter-offering 5 centimes over 10 on the very first round. You simply buy the flowers at that price. Conversely, if you offer any less (4 or fewer) the bargaining begins. At that point you can never buy the flowers for 5 unless you leave the room and come back. This principle works for every vendor, as well as Dinarzad when selling stolen property. (FYI: assuming your communication is already at 200, then you should initally counteroffer 28 for the emerald bowl and 14 for the silver teaset. You should not sell your dagger.)

I actually have used about 1000 flowers as I am a thief and use them to repair honor. I arm-wrestled Issur and beat him, but also stole his money. It's been a fun time playing.

Edited by Ajanhuiri, 08 October 2010 - 10:20 PM.

I hold my own code of ethics and only I set the parameters of my own morality; keep your honor points.

#9 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

In the original, yes, but in the remake, they missed out on that part. You won't get nearly as much from a pile of four, for example, than four individual jackalmen.

Not really missed out. You get significantly more from a pile of 5 jackals than you get from a single jackal body, but it'll be less than if you spread 5 jackals all across the place. The idea was that it's easier to overlook coins in a big pile of bodies than on a single body lying further away. It also means you get a bit more money by fighting all over the place and carefully lining up jackals instead of just standing in the top row and hack all jackals to death there.

#10 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Not really missed out. You get significantly more from a pile of 5 jackals than you get from a single jackal body, but it'll be less than if you spread 5 jackals all across the place. The idea was that it's easier to overlook coins in a big pile of bodies than on a single body lying further away. It also means you get a bit more money by fighting all over the place and carefully lining up jackals instead of just standing in the top row and hack all jackals to death there.

I suppose that does make sense. Probably makes more sense when you ask 'where do the Jackalmen keep their money?' they go about apparently naked (and even the manual's illustration shows the genitals of the one the Hero is grappling with, albiet only slightly). My own take is that they somehow wrap or stick the gold in their thick fur, and in that case it would be easy to miss a couple, or maybe it's so much trouble when they're so piled that the hero figures he got enough for his troubles and decides to skip it.