Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#18 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

Okay, so as you all know by now, my current file is of a Magic User (well, Wizard, I guess now!) named Finn Dillon, after his namesake in my Quest for Glory fanfiction (which you can see here! *points at signature* and here: http://www.postudios...p?topic=12025.0 and here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~manegirl).

For whatever reason, my picture is that of a Fighter even though, IIRC, there is no "You imported this class as ______, would you like to change this?" option until 3. Oh, don't get me wrong here! That picture is AWESOME! But... it makes no sense whatsoever as I clearly have no sword, just a dagger, and yet, I started off with a shield on me, even though I don't remember buying one in QFG1 (maybe I did, but just forgot? Nah, there wouldn't be no point!) which I didn't realise until I got into a fight and realised "Hey! I can't use my Flame Dart!" so I eventually just dropped it afterwards (maybe Marcus will find it out there).

Another weird glitchy thing is, right now I'm on day 13, and I have nothing to do. So, I think to myself, "Well, I've gotten 100 in each Magic spell I have, so why not train with Uhura for awhile?" so I go to the Guild Hall and Uhura tells me about The Note from the EOF.

What?! Why did I get that?1 I'm a Wizard, not a-

Wait. There is ONE logical explanation for this.

See, my Honor is very high right now (like 90 something) even though I don't want it to be.

They're testing me for Paladinhood at the end of the game, aren't they?!

#19 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

It's possible. I mean, I've gotten into W.I.T. (Wizard's Institute of Technocery!) as a Fighter and Thief, and - I'm not 100% certain - But I think I've gotten into E.O.F. as a Thief before too, though I could be mis-remembering here. I *have* had Paladins come from every background though - The Thief took some work, but it's possible.

The 'importing' as a fighter though - that's a known issue. I know one of the patches was supposed to fix it (and since you're using the GOG version, it should be fixed...) The only issue with it is not getting the points in game for Wizardy stuff.

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#20 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well, my final score is 436 out of 500. *sigh* Will I EVER get the top score?! Oh well, off to Tarna!

#21 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

That's actually a known import glitch. There's a patch for it on the Sierra Help Files page.
All is well!~