#1 MishellBaker

MishellBaker

Famous Adventuress

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 05:01 AM

Yassas!

Just got wind of this site/petition from Lori and thought I'd stop in and say hello to any of you who haven't been following the (sporadic) news at Matt's QFG Forum regarding the Quest for Glory Novels.

Lori and I are a couple of weeks away from a final draft of a first Quest for Glory novel. We'll start shopping it around to agents by the end of July. The novels won't be called "Quest for Glory," since that is copyrighted by Sierra, and the rights issue is still up in the air with Sierra as far as what names etc. we can legally use. However the plots and characters will have a very familiar ring to all of you QFG fans.

As our "beta readers" could attest, there will still be some surprises even for diehard fans. Things have been fleshed out and in some cases reimagined to allow for a world where monsters and NPCs don't have to inhabit just one screen. I think fans will be pleased with the results. It's being written for a young adult/teen age group, but should be enjoyable by adults or mature preteens as well.

Please spread the word, and if you want to be put on a list for news about the novel, email me at MishellBaker at aol dot com. Why should you want these novels to be successful, even if you don't like to read? Because... successful young adult novels tend to beget movies... and merchandise... and computer games...

-M.B.

P.S. We also need a web designer... hint hint

Discover your inner hero at HowtoBeaHero.com

#2 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:10 AM

Unfortunately, somebody else already wrote a novel so much like QFG 1, it was called 'The Hero', you'd be amazed how much stuff from QFG he took into it!

He took so much in fact that, when Lori Ann Cole told everyone she was going to write a novel, people accused her of plagerism! And that is totally unfair really

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#3 Guest_~Brassfire the Mage~_*

Guest_~Brassfire the Mage~_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:18 AM

I already offered web design services, never heard back from you.

#4 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:30 AM

Yes, I've heard about the novel <gives a grateful smile to a certain vegetable>, and I'm excited about the prospect of its publication. Please do keep us up to date with what's happening. In fact, I might "sticky" this topic.

I can recommend Brassfire's web-design talents - she's rather good at that sort of thing, to be modest on her behalf about it. <grin> I'd offer my services, but genuinely don't have time, and anyway, I do my web-design the easy way, with Dreamweaver.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#5 Mikkel

Mikkel

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:53 AM

Sounds interestnig, I'll keep an eye out for that one for sure.
"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show. The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than Man, which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in mathematics as surely as poetry."
- Bertrand Russell "Study of Mathematics"

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

World Community Grid - technology solving problems

#6 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:56 PM

Hi Mishell! wave2.gif

I'm one of the faithful "Beta" testers she's talking about - and every word she said is true! It even shocked me!

Oh, and PL.... Shut up about that... We've been through this already at the VUBoards.... smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#7 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:11 PM

Hello Mishell and welcome to our site smile.gif

Thank you for letting us know about the novel smile.gif I could move this thread to the Annoucements forum if you want smile.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#8 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:32 PM

I, personally, think it's important enough to! wink.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#9 Ignus_Draconus

Ignus_Draconus

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:09 PM

I'd say so. They sound like interesting books.

#10 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:04 PM

Get in touch with either Ori or me for the beta stuff. Oh well, get in touch with Ori. He was the one who informed me about it. <smile> Leave a message with one of us, anyway, if you'd like to follow up on this.

#11 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:43 PM

Yes, I'll have Rena forward any questions about it to me!

Of course, I won't spoil ANY of it smile.gif Just questions like "Is this character in it"... things like that smile.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

#12 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:45 PM

thumbs.gif wink.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#13 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:46 PM

Then again, you could always PM me! smile.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

#14 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:34 PM

Yes, I look forward to these novels, whenever you can get them published. smile.gif
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#15 MishellBaker

MishellBaker

Famous Adventuress

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:04 AM

Now now Ori, don't you go giving away any secrets.

By the way, the new draft is MUCH better than what you read... :-) You guys gave great comments.

Discover your inner hero at HowtoBeaHero.com