#16 Gema Meldine

Gema Meldine

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, I agree Maiandra smile.gif

I don't hate the french, I don't hate anyone! hehe...er..well unless someone tried to hurt someone I love...then I might hate someone.
user posted image

"Help the world and in so doing help yourself, for that is our way..." - Gema

My Inner Hero - Rogue!

I'm a Rogue!

It's a good thing I use my powers for good and not evil, because quite frankly, I could get away with murder. I'm clever, tricky, and charming. I know how to make you laugh with one hand and pick your pocket with the other. Not that I'd ever DO that, of course...

#17 Avoozl

Avoozl

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:34 AM

No, I don't hate anyone... I may dislike people, but never hate them... And I didn't mean I was making a separate game! I was making a mod for another game that was QFG6!

#18 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

Hate is a strong word. I don't think it should even really belong in the dictionary as it is, but whatever. You can't really hate someone unless you really know them well, and if you spent all that time getting to know someone just to hate them, well, then are you sure that "hate" is the word you want to use?

And yeah, Japanese is nifty, but I don't really know how to speak it. I can say please and thank you, and count to 5 and that's it. smile.gif Kinda bad considering I'm part Japanese... I should probably learn Chamorro as well, since that's my father's native language, but that's a lot of time to devote, and I already know quite a few languages as it is. But oh well.
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#19 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 01:52 PM

Speaking of languages, I like German too. So many umalauts... wink.gif

Then again, Latin is a very nifty language too! wink.gif

As for Sierra, I guess that VU management thought that as far as Sierra's audience was concerned, Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis... which is REALLY unfair. frown.gif

(BTW, for those of you curious as to what that means: Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis simply means "The times change, and we change with the times".) <grin>
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#20 unknown hero

unknown hero

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

who cares about the french. Sierra is gone bawling.gif this is a sad day in the history of the world. i'll miss u Sierra Good Bye ,my friend
My Inner Hero - Paladin!

I'm a Paladin!

I strive to help others, and to bring truth and harmony to the world however I can. Whether times are good or bad, you can always count on me. I'm a shoulder to cry on, a champion for the helpless, and an all around nice person.

How about you? Click here to find your own inner hero.

#21 Brightshadow River

Brightshadow River

Student of quantum socks

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:18 PM

I was sorta expecting this for a while now. I should feel more sad than I feel, I guess, but what's happened has happened, and I still have the games they already released and the chances of them making sequels that fans approve of or other things like that are not good anyways, so, oh well. :/

And maybe I'm just a very cynical person.
~V~

Streets littered with diamonds
Everyone's glistening
This whole world shines so brightly
I can't see a thing

Pretty as a picture
She is like a golden dream
Fills me with love and laughter
And I-I I can't feel a thing

- "Pretty as a Picture," Christian Kane

#22 ~Kurt~

~Kurt~

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:43 PM

I think Frans' friend said it best when he compared it to "finally burying a 5-year-old corpse." However, I believe that they would be a little more susceptible to buying the rights now that Sierra is dead dead. Couldn't hurt to try.

Oh, and for the record, English is referred to by many illuminaries and scientists (Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo, etc.) as "la lingua pura," or "the pure language." Then again, like the Merovingian said in Matrix: Reloaded, cursing in French "is like wiping your bum with silk."

Personally, as far as hating the French go, it's moreso the French hate everybody else. I read an article awhile back that when Vivendi sold off the American dictionary company Webster to an American company, the French Government (not the French people, the French Government) criticized them as hindering the cause of the French people and selling out the country. However, when Vivendi merged with/purchased Universal Studios, the French Government extoled their virtues and how much they help in the advancement of France and all its glory. Now, I'm not one to go pointing fingers, but a country that criticizes its businesses for making necessary business decisions that might in some way throw a bone to another country? Wow.
CrisS
Writer/PR Assistant
Kings Quest IX: Every Cloak Has a Silver Lining
http://www.kq9.org

Birds flyin' high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
yeah, its a new dawn its a new day its a new life for me
…and I’m feelin’ good

user posted image
Be a Hero.

#23 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:06 PM

Kurt I would really like to know who turned you into an Admin in this forum board!

Cause I sure as hell didn't angryfire.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#24 Gema Meldine

Gema Meldine

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:49 AM

*cocks head, wonders what Kurt did wrong*

I think it's kind of funny that the english language is considered the hardest language to learn. Like one of my friends said once, "The english language is so hard that even those born to english society have to take high school classes to learn it." hehe.

I think it's really sad that they got rid of Sierra...I don't think it's fair to call it a "5 year old corpse* considering they made games in that time. Ah well, if that's what they felt they needed to do...
user posted image

"Help the world and in so doing help yourself, for that is our way..." - Gema

My Inner Hero - Rogue!

I'm a Rogue!

It's a good thing I use my powers for good and not evil, because quite frankly, I could get away with murder. I'm clever, tricky, and charming. I know how to make you laugh with one hand and pick your pocket with the other. Not that I'd ever DO that, of course...

#25 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Jun 27 2004, 02:23 PM)
Kurt I would really like to know who turned you into an Admin in this forum board!

Cause I sure as hell didn't angryfire.gif

*restrains Elsa and forces her to calm down*

Breathe! smile.gif Deeeeeeeeeeep breaths! biggrin.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#26 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:59 PM

Guys I think this topic is way out of line.

Sure off-topicness is allowed.... but insulting and abussing others is not!

Please read the forum board rules located in the Announcements forum.

I guess I'll have to delete this topic....

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#27 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:12 PM

How about just having them EDIT their post first... smile.gif ...

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#28 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:22 PM

I deleted my two posts as a show of good faith for the topic rules. smile.gif

This is the logo off the VUG boards for Sierra.com. As long as we see the image nothing has been done to the boards. smile.gif

Edited by Paladin Wizard, 28 June 2004 - 07:22 PM.

Find QFG Import files here.

#29 ~Kurt~

~Kurt~

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:48 PM

Yeah, I was actually going to ask you about that, too. Yesterday, I recieved an e-mail from PW asking the admins and mods to delete a repeat post, and I came on here and sure enough I had the keys to the kingdom. Weird, huh?

I mean, I'd love to stick around as admin if you want, doesn't hurt me any... wink.gif tongue.gif Then again I'm insano-go-nuts, so you might not want that happening. biggrin.gif

As for the French, I was joking in any reference I made, but the story I told is a true story. It was moreso a criticism of French bureaucracy than it was anything else. Sorry if I offended the delicate psyches of anyone around here.
CrisS
Writer/PR Assistant
Kings Quest IX: Every Cloak Has a Silver Lining
http://www.kq9.org

Birds flyin' high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
yeah, its a new dawn its a new day its a new life for me
…and I’m feelin’ good

user posted image
Be a Hero.

#30 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (~Kurt~ @ Jun 28 2004, 07:05 PM)
As for the French, I was joking in any reference I made, but the story I told is a true story. It was moreso a criticism of French bureaucracy than it was anything else. Sorry if I offended the delicate psyches of anyone around here.

Most things said about the French nowadays are jokes... which is kinda bad...

I like the French... 'specially those girls with ze accents! biggrin.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png