#16 Brightshadow River

Brightshadow River

Student of quantum socks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:10 PM

Hi,

Quest for Glory is one of the best games out there, and it's made quite a huge difference in my life. It's brought a wonderful group of people together that have managed to do awesome things together. I would most definitely buy a copy of this novel, and I think many other fans would, as well.
~V~

Streets littered with diamonds
Everyone's glistening
This whole world shines so brightly
I can't see a thing

Pretty as a picture
She is like a golden dream
Fills me with love and laughter
And I-I I can't feel a thing

- "Pretty as a Picture," Christian Kane

#17 David

David

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:30 PM

The Quest for Glory series has been popular simply because of its story, which is saying a lot for a computer game. There isn't much time to develop characters or plotlines, but QFG was able to do much of that in its limited forum. This is a storyline begging to be allowed to explore itself and develop further in the pages of a book.

#18 BDeVoLi

BDeVoLi

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:45 PM

A Quest for Glory book? Wow, that'd be some cool stuff! merlin.gif

#19 Arcc

Arcc

AM I AN ADMIN YET

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:01 PM

I joined the ranks of Quest for Glory fans In 1999 shortly after Sierra FX/Yosimite studios was disbanded. I played the games over and over and was always excited by the thought-provoking storyline and the subtle yet brilliant humor. I will always place this epic before any other in my mind, and I thank you very much for taking notice of us. The future does seem bright, so let us go forth to greet it.

- Bob Collins
QUOTE (myself)
I forge my sword of victory from the silver linings of my failures.

I'm Arc Collins, and I'm a Paladin. I care because I comprehend.

#20 Bigfan

Bigfan

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:03 PM

Quest For Glory is the series of games that has sustained my interest in video games, as well as other areas of interest. Thanks largely due to these games, I tend to think of myself as a witty, intelligent, logical person with a pretty good sense of humor. If this book were to be published, we'd experience a renaissance of books based on games.

Thanks to Lori and Mishelle for this project, and thank you for considering it.

#21 Petter Holmberg

Petter Holmberg

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:30 PM

Wow!!! A whole book about Quest for Glory! That's amazing! I would definately buy it, even if I have to order it from overseas! What a great concept! These games are important computer entertainment history, and it would be such a treat to learn the details of their creation. Here in Sweden, classic Sierra games are huge, years after their heyday. I really hope this book gets printed!

#22 Guest_Kasey L._*

Guest_Kasey L._*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:53 PM

Well, it's about time! We've been waiting for a Quest for Glory novel for years, ever since the games were first released. Quest for Glory has meant a lot for me... not in just the games, either. The communities I've become a part of that were dedicated to QFG have taught me a lot - I absolutely wouldn't have been the same person if not for the game. This is a great opportunity for a far wider audience to get a gander at what this is all about.

I have yet to read any of the book, but judging from Lori's games and Mishell's posts, it would be inconceivable to me if this book were not fantastic. Good luck.

Kasey L.

#23 BigJKO

BigJKO

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:39 PM

Although I never really played the Quest for Glory games myself, I used to watch my friends play it on their PC back when I was a youngin'.
Now, looking back on that, I can see myself reading a QFG book, since the games always seemed rich on the story. And it certainly didn't lack in compelling locales. In other words, publish a QFG book and I will most definately buy it! And I could see it hitting big with the Harry Potter fans too, given the right marketing.

#24 tokeloshe

tokeloshe

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:49 PM

QFG always appealed to me for its truly great story and humour, thus a book being set in Glorianna strikes me as the most natural result. It will likely be truly excellent, much like the games were, and a brilliant addition to my favorite books collection.

I just hope it comes out soon...
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

user posted image

"Time for us to meet our makers Baldrick, In my case God, in you case, God knows, but I doubt he won any design awards..." Blackadder

#25 Maghrabi

Maghrabi

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

I can honestly say that you have no idea what you are getting into in reading this manuscript. Well, I suppose you can NOW, seeing as you've probably read the other reccomendations before this one...Nonetheless, I cannot help but restate the fact that there is no tale like the one the Coles told through the medium of computer games.

Quest for Glory is a series I've loved for years, a series I know for a fact I'll come back to, and the reason I hold on to my long-outdated computer. It has everything I want in a story--adventure, mystery, romance, magic, drama, action, humor--and I'll confess right now that I put the quirky humor found in QfG on par with that of Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams, easily.

It may also be interesting to note the dedication of the QfG fanbase, on and off-line. I can hardly hope that all the fans I've met will be able to attest to this before the manuscript is sent, but I can only assure you that the QfG-ites I know are some of the most open, witty, dedicated, and wonderful people you could meet on a message board or in a chat.

I for one would love to see this book in print, to finally hold another piece of QfG genius in my hand again. Thank you again and to quote the games themselves, 'May the winds blow fair at your back'.

#26 Mewd

Mewd

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:32 PM

Hayo there,

I'd like to thank you for considering bringing this QFG novel to the public. I've been a fan of the games for ages, and am very excited at the prospect that the franchise might live on with this novelization. Thanks, I look forward to buying and reading if you go through with publishing it.

#27 Kailkay

Kailkay

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:02 PM

Greetings.

You do us all a great nobility in even considering this terrific story of the triumph of human nature over heart-crushing odds. You should be commended with high honors for such a gift you do unto us as this.

I am nearing 16 years old, so I have just barely been alive as long as these games. I have been around them all my life, and they have sculpted me and moulded me into what I am today. I am respectable to those who know me, quiet, and polite in a general sense.

These games helped me learn to read at an early age, and have contributed greatly to my understanding of a greater vocabulary. I remember watching my father and uncle play on my grandfather's computer one christmas, the very first adventure, some years after it's original release.

I remember, I would 'play' it too. I would sit on one of their laps, and tell them what to type. 'Look under the rug'. 'Throw a rock'. And so on.

I must say that my family, that is, my immediate family, greatly percieves the games. My father, of course, introduced us all to them, after he played the first game at his best friend's house. I was the second one to play, then, and my mother joined in after we bought the Collection cd, starting on the fourth adventure of our intrepid, taciturn hero. My uncle's family, as well, has greatly loved the series, too, and his oldest son, now seven, is learning to read using Quest for Glory as a stepping stone! And very recently, too, another cousin of mine, only three weeks older than myself, has taken a shine to the games.

They are a valued asset to many people, and have given these people very respectable traits. The world of Quest for Glory, in our real world, that is, is vast as it is in the story, and people the world over enjoy these games as a favorable passtime.

I personally would make sure to get a copy for myself at the very least, as well as tell everyone around how good the story is. With proper marketing, the story would definately be a bestseller, no doubt. The Coles have seen to it that verily any person can relate to the world in some way or another.

You have no doubt, of course, read through the story, and so you can see for yourself that it is without a doubt intriguing in many ways. I hope you can see it in your heart to help the beauty of this dove loose into the world, to soar gracefully into young persons' imaginations, worlds of creativity, and bring the epic story to everyone, world-wide, in form that almost all of us can relate to-- Form of book.

My name is Keven Kelly, age 15, and I would like ot say that I know ten people, personally, who would buy the book, as well as another thirty whom would also buy it, if they were told about it. I cannot wait to allow the words of talented authors Ms. Baker and Mrs. Cole into my world, and once again enjoy the world of Glorianna's tales.

#28 Tallin

Tallin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:06 PM

I have played computer games beyond count (well, I probably could sit down and count them, but not only would it take a while, and I'd most likely forget some, anyway). By far the majority of these were in the Adventure or RPG genres. None, however, touched me like the QfG series of games, created by Lori Ann and Corey Cole. I have read fantasy series beyond number (once again, these do have a number...it's just very, very high), and these games have always been on par with even the best of them. I replayed them countless times (yes, I'm quite sure on this one...there is absolutely no way I could count the number of times I played Quest for Glory). In the end though, I always wanted more. More of these wonderful stories, which at points have almost had me in tears.

I even went so far as to write my own pale attempt, in order to explore this world a little more. I looked for any fanfiction where the author looked reasonably talented (which really wasn't that hard, the Quest for Glory fanbase has some of the most talented people I've ever come across) and read them to the point where, most often, the author had stopped writing, or at least taken a break (and a very extended break, in most cases).

Never, though, had I actually thought to see anything again from Lori Ann herself. I was overjoyed when I heard the news. I can honestly say that I would buy this book, read it, and wait impatiently for further offerings. I can say this knowing the dedication Lori Ann Cole has shown in creating beautiful stories in the past, and from what I have seen on this board of Mishell Baker's own dedication. There is no way just one book can sate me, however. I will be eagerly awaiting each book that can bring to me the magic of these glorious tales.

Ever Hopeful,
Gilbert Estwell MacWhirter (a.k.a. the redoubtable thief, Tallin)

My name is Tallin and I am a Rogue.

Rogue Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#29 Swift

Swift

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:26 PM

Thank you so much for considering Lori and Mishell's novel. I have played Quest for Glory numerous times, and I honestly can't wait to get my hands on the novel. I loved every game in the Quest for Glory series. The storylines were fantastic, the jokes were hilarious and the characters were memorable. The Quest for Glory series will always remain one of my favourites to date. It would be a dream come true to finally be able to read the novel. merlin.gif
*~* Mistress of Magic *~*

#30 Brassfire

Brassfire

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:29 PM

Hi!

I am definitely looking forward to reading the book, as I really enjoyed playing the games. I'm also very sure that some of my friends who have not played Quest for Glory will also be excited about the book, as I've tested the website design on them and they ALL want to know more!

Best,
Brassfire the Mage
~Brassfire the Mage~
Score tied for Paladin and Wizard. But truly a Bard at heart!

"The relationship between beans and cultural renaissance is crucial." - Umberto Eco