18 replies to this topic

#1 MishellBaker

MishellBaker

Famous Adventuress

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 05:51 PM

Lori Cole visited the site yesterday when I gave her a link to the "It's Here" topic, and she really likes it here. It's likely she'll be dropping in from time to time.

Want to give her an official welcome?

She's a Paladin, by the way, so Almirena, Brassy, Paladinlover, you're in good company! :-D

-M.B. book.gif

Discover your inner hero at HowtoBeaHero.com

#2 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:14 PM

Ah! Mrs. Cole! My... er... Hero! biggrin.gif

Hello there, and a very special welcome from somebody you've influenced since the age of four! If it wasn't for QFG, I don't know what I'd have done with my life! It's kept me sane during rough times, and other times it's drove me insane. I honestly respect you from the bottom of my heart, and I'm especially excited about the news of your book. I was one of your test readers, and I was shocked at how much nostalgia the book had in it. It gives you that warm, fuzzy and empty felling that makes you feel like you've found an old buddy that's slowly filling that empty void you've so recently uncovered.

Once again, Thank you so very much for creating Quest for Glory.

With Respect -
King Orion

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#3 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:58 PM

Hello!

Words cannot express how much the Quest for Glory series has meant to me. It is the first and only videogame that made me cry. (It's also the first and only videogame that got me grounded from playing it too much... biggrin.gif ) A friend and I were discussing the idea that videogames are an artform recently, and this is certainly true about QfG. Thank you for the opportunity to take part in such a wonderful, epic story. Good luck with How to Be a Hero, I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat!

-hoopyfroodcat bounce.gif

#4 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:10 PM

Hello Lori Ann Cole, welcome to QFMG smile.gif

It makes me feel proud and honored that you like our site! I really don't know what else I can do to help continue the Qfg series I'm afraid but I think this site and the online petition should be a good start smile.gif

At any rate, Qfg has been more than just a game for me, it changed the way I think, the way I beheave, the way I see through and deal with things in my life in general. And it made me very fond of you and your husband without knowing you personally smile.gif

And it also helped increase my interest in English language and vocabulary as a kid lol.gif

Please feel welcome to register to our forums smile.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#5 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:34 PM

She's a Paladin, just like me smile.gif. But honestly though, I was really surprised (and delighted) when Lori posted on the forum! It's not every day that something like this happens.

I once gave an email to Al Lowe, asking him about LSL. Even though it was a simple question, I felt like I was meeting a superstar face to face when I recieved his reply!

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#6 Brassfire

Brassfire

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:29 PM

A very big welcome to you, Lori! I was very impressed with your kindness, humour and patience during the Hero6 chat you attended, and it's an honour to be involved with your site now.

beerchug.gif
~Brassfire the Mage~
Score tied for Paladin and Wizard. But truly a Bard at heart!

"The relationship between beans and cultural renaissance is crucial." - Umberto Eco

#7 Lori

Lori

Glory Queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:29 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you all still get together like this to perpetuate the fun of Quest for Glory. Mishell and I are doing everything we can to keep the spirit alive. And the How to Be a Hero website will be great.

I have a totally new look for the Halloween version of Transolar.com, and I can't wait to post it this weekend. It will be a lot of fun.

Yassas,

Lori

#8 Lori

Lori

Glory Queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:53 PM

Ack! I posted rather than did a preview! Sigh. Too distracted. Let's try this again.

Thanks all!

(There, that's a lot better! wink.gif )

#9 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:59 PM

*is tempted to give Lori a hug but thinks better of it*

LORI!!! wave2.gif wave2.gif wave2.gif wave2.gif wave2.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#10 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:03 PM

wave2.gif bows It is a great honor to have you at our forum. smile.gif

Find QFG Import files here.

#11 Mikkel

Mikkel

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 11:30 PM

::Knells::

First I would like to thank you so very much for creating the Quest for Glory series, for which I have spent uncountable hours being deeply immersed in. As it has been noted before the series has also been a great help in learning, and understanding, the English language (especially the two first games with their text commands), but it has also introduced me to many cultural aspects that I would have found hard to obtain otherwise.

Also, without the games I would never have been introduced to the this community, which I safely can say is one of the most caring and talented communities around the internet, which has given me a chance to reach out into and touch other people, for whose like and diversity I would never have meet in Real Life. To have created a game series with can inspire a community to keep going, even years after the logbook has been signed with a flourish, is a great achievement worthy of much praise - Thank you thumbs.gif
"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show. The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than Man, which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in mathematics as surely as poetry."
- Bertrand Russell "Study of Mathematics"

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

World Community Grid - technology solving problems

#12 JRinaldi

JRinaldi

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:28 AM

Yes! Welcome!

There are works of fiction which touch the lives of those who read, watch or play them. Movies like 'Being There', books like the 'Book of Three' by Lloyd Alexander and games like the 'Quest for Glory' series. I owned the first game when it was Hero's Quest 1 and it quickly became my favorite. It inspired a lifetime love of roleplaying games, a hobby I share to this day with my wife. Its something that has brought us closer together.

To me, Lori Ann Cole, Jane Jensen and Roberta Williams make up a triumverate of writers/game designers who represent a lot of my youth and who inspired my love for fantasy and creating. Thank you very much.

J

#13 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 02:39 AM

Very honored that Mrs. Cole enjoys this site. I remember before that she expressed interest in the Project Katrina fangame that got pushed to the side somehow. <pokes Orion>

Of course, I'll throw down my chips with everyone else and mention that Quest for Glory was a major driving force in my young life. While other youngsters watched Barney and chased girls around with frogs I was watching my dad play Quest for Glory. And of course I've had a couple of humorous experiences concerning QfG that'll go unsaid for now. biggrin.gif

*bows deeply to Lori Ann Cole*
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#14 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 05:43 AM

*Bows low*

Once again, we're honored to be in your presence Mrs. Cole. QFG was imbedded in my mind and heart ever since I first played it those many years ago, and then I got the anthology back in late 1997. It had restored my interest in Classic Sierra games, and now I deeply regret not buying Space Quest 5, Leisure Suit Larry 7, and King's Quest 7 since they're the only games that are missing from my collection. But I am satisfied that I still have.

I wish you good luck on all your endeavors, and thank you, for everything.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#15 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 08:42 AM

Lori Ann Cole - I'm truly pleased to "meet" you. QfG provided me with many midnight + hours insanely wandering around, trying to deal with Baba Yaga, Ad, find things, open things, when I should have been sleeping... <grin>

Its combination of adventure, rich story-telling, more than 2-dimensional characters, and wicked, wicked puns are wonderful...

So welcome, fellow Paladin! There are more dragons to slay... (usually corporate ones, these days).
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...