• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Retro gaming, sierra classics, RPGs, RTS & TBS strategy games, fan games, basic web design.

Away from the comp?.. drinking.. mostly drinking ;P

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Delta! smile.gif

I'll check it out as soon as I have some free time! Will then update my tribute page accordingly and decide on whether I should make a video or not. People have to see the great work you all did!!!! and just maybe it will bring in new interest in working on the project.

Edited by Blake00, 15 May 2012 - 02:19 PM.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods for Doom 2, & Civilization 2.
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.
- Lord Of The Rings, & Star Trek action pictures.

#17 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

go for it

#18 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Retro gaming, sierra classics, RPGs, RTS & TBS strategy games, fan games, basic web design.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

OMG!! That 2006 MAD demo is amazing.. there's so much more content then in the 2009 AGS demo. I got lost out in the wilderness several times lol!! & I was stunned when I visted the second town.. those beautiful green valleys and huge mountains.

Will definitely do a video in the near future.. just might take a while for me to explore everything and see if there's any quests to do. Once I know it all inside and out I can put together a quick gameplay video showing off its awesomeness.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.

#19 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Lol. For the 2009 demo, a lot of that was scaled back as it was deemed too much to work with on a small team.

Quality not quantity! wink.gif

#20 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yeah I figured as much although the quality of your 2006 is pretty bloody good anyway! smile.gif

I notice a few characters have dispeared too in the 2009 version too.. eg in 2006 there was a pretty girl in the garden who'd lost her tiarra, and when I first died I got rescued by a female paladin instead of greenleaf.

Are there any quests that can be completed in these demos?

I notice both versions have a boiling caldrin and a greanleaf dream sequence video yet they did not appear in the games (in 2009 i got some error msgs when i died and then she appeared in-game without the video). Am thinking mabye I could manually insert them into my playthrough video at the appropriate moments though. Although I don't know when the boiling caldrin is meant to happen yet.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation.

#21 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Ah you noticed the movie sequences (both my original creations). They should be there for the 2009 version too, the blubbing cauldron bit was definitely used at some point. The dream sequence however might have been dropped in the 2009 version.

As I recall, the eloia dream sequence (not greenleaf! In 2009 version, Eloia is the statue in the Greenleaf garden and supposed her mother. For the 2006 version, no idea!) is triggered when the hero is defeated in the first monster encounter (which is a forced situation). If you are a fighter, Kara the paladin helps you (no idea about her character and what she was supposed to be about though - she was dropped in the 2009 version), otherwise Greenleaf steps in.
In the 2006 version, the bubbling cauldron occurs in a cutscene after meeting Marvin the wizard the first time.

As for quests, I can't really help you with the 2006 version. I vaguely recall a quest being scripted for finding Llewellas lost child after finding a book in the library describing how to get to the underhill (something to do with mixing 'briars?' from a bush near the flower circle - which is the portal to the underhill - whatever that was supposed to be, i never truly understood it)

In the 2009 version, the quest for finding and rescuing the duke should hopefully still be intact and involves finding a sword in the cave (once you are past the golem guarding it) and showing it to the town sheriff who then grants you a pass to see Colleen holding the throne in lieu of the duke, who provides a clue in one of her lines (I believe the plan was to rewrite or drop this quest too but it is still there as I recall). You can look at the code to figure out the full solution if you know AGS code.

The pretty girl in the garden I believe was Collette and she was reused to become Colleen. Same basic sort of royal character but tweaked for the new WIP plot.

Hope that helps at all. The playthrough video sadly won't look great after you notice all the todos.

Thanks

Delta

#22 James StarRunner

James StarRunner

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

'Ello! I just stumbled into the forums quite recently. Elsa brought this project up to me since I had some game design classes. I don't know what you guys need, but I'd be happy to help out!
Evil wizards? Dark Knights? Banana pudding? I'll take them all on!

#23 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm insane.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

The hero6 project was sadly shut down after many years of hard work, I have plans of piecing whats left of it together after i finish GrimQuest which has been somewhat stifled by copyright issues with the content, however I have decided to complete it slowly over time pretty much just to say its done. after that I'm going to do some studying on the materials used in H6 to be sure that i wont be facing yet more copyright infringement issues, If not I'll run with whats left of H6 and move on to a completely custom creation.

My name is Construed and I am a Warrior.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#24 James StarRunner

James StarRunner

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Sounds like a plan. One project is easier to handle at a time anyways. Let's hope the legal stuff gets worked out.
Evil wizards? Dark Knights? Banana pudding? I'll take them all on!

#25 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (deltamatrix @ May 31 2012, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the 2009 version, the quest for finding and rescuing the duke should hopefully still be intact and involves finding a sword in the cave (once you are past the golem guarding it) and showing it to the town sheriff who then grants you a pass to see Colleen holding the throne in lieu of the duke, who provides a clue in one of her lines (I believe the plan was to rewrite or drop this quest too but it is still there as I recall). You can look at the code to figure out the full solution if you know AGS code.

Delta:
Hey mate, have sent you a PM about an issue I'm having with the 2009 AGS demo.. unfortunately I have no understanding of AGS code or internal workings but am looking for a trick around the crash when I try to leave the golem cave (who appears just as a AGS cup lol). Do you by any chance have a newer version of the demo I can muck around with?

I've finished doing videos of both the 2009 AGS and 2006 MAD versions (you’re gonna love them, I think it will create a lot of nostalgia from fans and previous contributors) and would love to end the 2009 video with you presenting the sword at the castle and maybe even rescuing the duke, instead of a white screen AGS crash at the cave lol!

Construed:
Is your newly compiled version of hero 6 playable? (as in no missing music etc and your multiplayer tests hasn’t broken any of the original content) if so could I grab a copy?

I don’t care how dirty it is I’m looking for any workaround that allows me to escape that cave with the duke’s sword lol!

Edited by Blake00, 03 July 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation.

#26 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Oooooh... nice Hero outfit! I wonder if I could ever play this? What's the plot?

#27 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'd love to see this game finally get finished. I remember working on it 10 years ago in high-school, probably about 2 dozen 'management-changes-ago' before the complete shut down. Not sure if I'd be able to contribute anything a second time around, but I may be up for some proof-reading if needed smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#28 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Does anyone know what the plot was/is going to be? I can't find ANYTHING on it, not even on the official website!

#29 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

Well, I vaguely remember there being a conflict between two neighboring towns, but that was 10 years ago and the plot was reworked a few times after I left the project. (Not that I did all that much in the first place, and what I did do, they scrapped the character too LOL)

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#30 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hrm... the stakes have seemingly lowered from the last adventure. I love how, in each game, the stakes have gotten higher- an ogress who curses people, an evil wizard that wants to bring forth a djinn, an escalating war between neighboring tribes which ended up being all part of a plan to bring forth demons into the world, a creature from another dimension with immense power is covering a land in darkness, and the awakening of a dragon said to be invincible!

Unless you're saying the plot was similar to Wages of War, then it doesn't sound all that impressive.

Edited by Soulforge89, 11 July 2012 - 08:53 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users