21 replies to this topic

#1 Avoozl

Avoozl

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:12 AM

Either I suck or this is a bug. In the EGA version if QFG I can't beat the weapon master!!! I first had this problem in the VGA version when he went too fast, so I replayed the EGA version. All my stats are 100(that the fighter started with)but I still can't beat him! My stamina runs out before I can win! It's at max though!

#2 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:47 AM

In the VGA it's a bug. In the EGA, it's possible. So trying slowing your computer down. dood3a.gif

Find QFG Import files here.

#3 Sneak

Sneak

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:45 PM

If your skills are indeed at 100, all you really need to do is press the up key and hold it till it's over.

Simple.

#4 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:43 AM

Use Dosbox for the VGA version and just keep attacking constantly in the GA one. I was always able to beat the weapons master in the EGA version by simply attacking him continously.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#5 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:33 AM

I could never beat him in the VGA, but in the EGA it was so easy I felt cheated. I played the VGA before the EGA. smile.gif

#6 Avoozl

Avoozl

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:00 AM

I'm playing the EGA version. For some reason he either pushes me over to the side of the screen or I run out of stamina. I tried pressing up, but it didn't work! It's like my stamina goes down faster than it should!

#7 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:03 AM

You have to force him back to the edge on his side. I hit the arrow button his direction.

#8 Avoozl

Avoozl

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:22 AM

Yay! It worked! Unfortunately, I didn't get points for it! You're supposed to get 10 right?

#9 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:47 AM

I'm not sure of the amount, but only the official Fighter class gets points for it. sword2.gif

#10 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

You need to have the Parry skill if you want to fight the weaponsmaster, if you don't, he'll turn down your offer and refuse to fight.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#11 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:44 AM

He will also stop a fight if you use magic on him. merlin.gif

#12 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:46 AM

There is no bug. The VGA (remake) does have a timer error though. If your computer is very fast he will be too fast.

#13 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:49 AM

PW, you can't use magic on the weapons master. tongue.gif

#14 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:57 AM

A Wizard with Parry can. I watched my brother do it in the EGA version. tongue.gif "cast flamedart" king.gif

#15 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:59 AM

I seriously doubt that, PW. tongue.gif