46 replies to this topic

#31 Timmer

Timmer

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:23 PM

One of the funnies things I came across in the EGA version that has not been mentioned is dancing with the fairies. We all know that our Hero does a very beautiful dance. The fairies think its beautiful.

However, every once in a while the hero does some crazy dance (similar to when you step in the ring of mushrooms) and the fairies comment with something like: "Hee Hee! That's a dance?" Don't know if this should be called an easter egg, but I think it's funny as hell roflmao.gif

I don't know whenever this happens but I think it's completely random. Maybe it has something to do with a low intelligence score, that would make some sense smile.gif I'm now learning how to use SCIstudio so I think I could find out under exactly which conditions the hero does this, and maybe I will do this.

Then again, maybe I won't...

#32 Brightshadow River

Brightshadow River

Student of quantum socks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:20 AM

That particular dance has something to do with low dexterity, I think.

There's a lot of easter eggs in this game, though I fail to think of most of them off the top of my head. The gargoyle makes a lot of Monty Python and other interesting references, I know. There's a dolphin that appears in Mirror Lake, and I swear I saw Nessie one day. And other stuff, but of course I can't remember anything interesting.
~V~

Streets littered with diamonds
Everyone's glistening
This whole world shines so brightly
I can't see a thing

Pretty as a picture
She is like a golden dream
Fills me with love and laughter
And I-I I can't feel a thing

- "Pretty as a Picture," Christian Kane

#33 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 07:04 AM

In the VGA version, the hero has three choices - yes, no, or maybe - when he's asked by the fairies "Can you dance?"

If he chooses "Maybe", he dances a long and elegant example of the art of terpsichore.

If he chooses "Yes", he performs a faster and more manic version.

#34 Crowley

Crowley

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

Swordfish: the classic reference is that it was the password to a speakeasy in the Marx Brothers movie Horse Feathers. Also, one of the possible Thieves' Guild passwords is 'Schwertfisch', which is German for swordfish.

Another Sierra reference in Erasmus' place: above the chair there is an instrument called OnKlunk (twisted from On-Line?), which was featured in Leisure Suit Larry 2.

Sometimes you can see eyes in the bushes two screens east of the town gate.

#35 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

Those eyes are of the fox smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#36 Tallin

Tallin

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:03 AM

I was just reading through your walkthrough, 'rena, when something connected (ouch!). I realized the "marvellously realistic dragon carving on the wall in front of you: “Let’s see, was it the “dragon with the flagon”, or the “flagon with the dragon”?”" is referring to the fabulously funny 1956 movie starring Danny Kaye, called the Court Jester (also stars Basil Rathbone and Angela Lansbury). Danny Kaye's character has to remember a rhyme about the "flagon with the dragon" and keeps getting it confused. smile.gif

My name is Tallin and I am a Rogue.

Rogue Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#37 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:28 AM

It is indeed... and it's a great film, too. I videotaped it from the television about a year ago when I saw it was going to be shown, since I had wonderful memories of it.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#38 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 03:53 AM

Usually I know the movies people talk about. But here is one where the name only seems vaguely familiar.

Find QFG Import files here.

#39 Rognik

Rognik

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:59 PM

I saw that movie in the past year on television. (The CBC often plays really old movies.) "The pellet with the poison is in the vessel with the pestle. The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true." Or something to that effect.

#40 Spikey

Spikey

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:12 PM

In the VGA version, the hero has three choices - yes, no, or maybe - when he's asked by the fairies "Can you dance?"

If he chooses "Maybe", he dances a long and elegant example of the art of terpsichore.

If he chooses "Yes", he performs a faster and more manic version.

This is also in response to all QFG1 dance related posts:

I don't know if what 'Rena said here is technically right. If you choose yes, and your dexterity or vitality or whatever it is (as our favourite demoness said) is good enough, your hero dances finely and the Fairies are impressed and will speak with you.
If you choose yes and have insufficient dexterity/etc, your hero is unable to perform adequately and shows his poor dancing ability (and gets booed out of the mushroom stage).

If you choose no, regardless of stats, the Fairies will force you to dance magically and the Hero complies Techno-style (which is an easter egg in itself, as Mark Seibert ripped his own Police Quest 2 Intro theme off to create this musical piece), and then collapses and dies to a (typically) humourous punny death.

There's a dolphin that appears in Mirror Lake, and I swear I saw Nessie one day.

With Mirror Lake (Lake Spiegelsee) in EGA you can see Nessie or the sub from Codename:Iceman, and in the VGA version I think Nessie is still there, but also the 'dolphin' V referred to, which is actually everyone's favourite, 'Delphineus' from Eco Quest 1: The Search For Cetus.

- Spike
Sierra Music Central - your place to visit for Sierra soundtracks of yore. Still updated (every so often) after 10 years!
New QFG music coming in 2012/13.

My name is Spike and I am a Warrior.

Warrior Shield

#41 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:35 AM

I'm still learning new stuff about these games. I didn't know about the dolphen. But then again I only played the EGA through a few times before I got tired of the bugs.

Find QFG Import files here.

#42 Spikey

Spikey

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:56 AM

I've actually got some printouts from this OLD QFG site which had pages of easter eggs for each game. Almost all.. not ones like marriage with Khaveen, though.
I'll post it here if I find the link again..

- Spike
Sierra Music Central - your place to visit for Sierra soundtracks of yore. Still updated (every so often) after 10 years!

Warrior Shield

#43 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

I have never seen the dolphin in the VGA version. I went back to that Spiegelsee hundreds of times... still no dolphin. My hero encountered the submarine and Nessie, but no dolphin.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#44 Spikey

Spikey

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:51 PM

I've seen Delphineus there once before.. maybe you need a certain version.

He just pops up and looks at the camera.

- Spike

Warrior Shield

#45 D-Boy the Fighter

D-Boy the Fighter

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Orion @ Jul 14 2003, 04:38 PM)
But the best In-Game Goddie of all - Amelia's Kiss! biggrin.gif

Um, I think I may have missed that one.

My name is DBoyWheeler and I am a Paladin.

All Hail Shadow!
Heroes rise again!
Obliterating everything that's not your friend!