54 replies to this topic

#1 EDB

EDB

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:59 AM

You know, in that Goblin place? Where you kill one. Then you leave and come back then you fight Two of em. Leave, come back and you fight 3 and so on? So how many have you guys killed before? Right now, Im a Mage and I've gotten up to 18. It's been my only means of Money Farming so far and Im using it to build up my stats. I got everything maxed (except for spells).

So now it doesnt really benifit me but it does help me waste time till nightfall so I can hunt Cheetaurs for claws. The REAL money maker. Im trying to farm some extra gold so I can buy out a bunch of Mana Potions and raise my spell skills to max.

Anywho! enough rambling. Anyone every just sit there and see how many goblins they could get?

#2 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:13 AM

You know, I have never counted.. that is interesting though. I've been under the illusion that it's a maximum of 8, because there are only 8 dead Goblins when you win the battle. I'm sure I must have killed more than 8, because I keep going back there for money.

I wonder if there is a difference between the EGA and VGA versions here. Sounds like the EGA version just keeps increasing the Goblins by 1 every time you win a battle at the hideout.

#3 EDB

EDB

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Ghost_Rider @ Jun 12 2005, 03:30 AM)
I wonder if there is a difference between the EGA and VGA versions here. Sounds like the EGA version just keeps increasing the Goblins by 1 every time you win a battle at the hideout.

yeah I havent played the VGA in a while. I plan on going to it later. But yeah, only 8 bodies will show up after the battle but it keeps increasing everytime you battle, by 1. I've gotten up to 20 now but I went ahead and beat the game and started Trial By Fire again. I figure 20 is enough for a mage to take down. Though I always wondered if there might be something special if you kept going. I doubt it though.

#4 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:32 AM

Eight is THE max at one time...one loses the count how many you kill the dumb b.....ds
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#5 EDB

EDB

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Grand Dad @ Jun 12 2005, 10:49 AM)
Eight is THE max at one time...one loses the count how many you kill the dumb b.....ds

not for EGA anyway. To fight, at one time. 8 is not the max. I freaking counted. Several times. It goes far beyond 8. Even though there will only be 8 bodies on the ground, I've killed up to 20 at one time. I mean, no reason for me to lie about this. lol. Play the game and find out for yourself.

#6 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:23 AM

Might be that in the VGA version it maxes out at 8. By that I mean 8 is the most you can fight, and 8 bodies to search is the max too.

In the EGA version, which I just started playing again biggrin.gif you are right about the battle EDB, I'm up to 10. So you fight 10, and I'm sure as you said it just keeps increasing by 1 each time. But yes, only 8 bodies to search.

So now the only question is in the VGA version, are you able to fight more than 8?

#7 Brightshadow River

Brightshadow River

Student of quantum socks

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:00 AM

It definitely maxes out at 8 in the VGA version. I've counted. And I'm quite grateful for that, for while I can hold my own in a fight with a good character, there's only so long you can really hold out.
~V~

Streets littered with diamonds
Everyone's glistening
This whole world shines so brightly
I can't see a thing

Pretty as a picture
She is like a golden dream
Fills me with love and laughter
And I-I I can't feel a thing

- "Pretty as a Picture," Christian Kane

#8 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

I killed so many goblins in that place I can't even count them all!

Honestly, I think I kill about several hundred of them per game of QFG 1 VGA (not the EGA version, because of a certain annoying fact that they continue to increase by one goblin EVERY time you fight even if they place only 8 bodies on the screen).

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#9 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

You think that they would learn enough to all attack at once rather than get slaughtered one at a time.... the fools!
Gaily bedight, a gallant knight in sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long, singing a song, in search of El Dorado.
But he grew old, this knight so bold, and o'er his heart a shadow,
Fell as he found no spot of ground that looked like El Dorado.
And as his strength failed him at length, he met a pilgrim shadow.
'Shadow,' said he,' Where can it be, this land of El Dorado?'
'Over the mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow.
Ride, boldly ride,' the shade replied,' if you seek for El Dorado.'

#10 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Jonesy T. Hero @ Jun 14 2005, 08:19 PM)
You think that they would learn enough to all attack at once rather than get slaughtered one at a time.... the fools!

Jonesy dear friend lucky for us they haven't developed enough martial sense...if they ever learn the art of combined attack then it's 'kapput' for the hero wink.gif

In the EGA version what's use of killing 10 or more if can't the dough from them...that's the only reason and out of those 8 two are broke...one loses to the loan-shark, the other lost in the poker game...further more after the first one no score is added. angryfire.gif

Edited by Grand Dad, 16 June 2005 - 01:09 AM.

#11 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:24 AM

I guess the only use is you can build up your Weapon Use and Strength (possibly Parry and Dodge as well).

But yes, might as well run around and fight monsters that you can gain something of material value from.

Yes, and good thing the Goblins haven't learned to attack all at once. They just wait in line. Maybe they have some morals, and want to allow for a fair fight... one-on-one. Or at least, one at a time. tongue.gif Hey, come on, Goblins can have morals... really. rolleyes.gif

#12 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:02 PM

Morality wink.gif maybe, more like lack of intelligence...good for us eh! biggrin.gif

#13 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Ghost_Rider @ Jun 15 2005, 10:41 PM)
Yes, and good thing the Goblins haven't learned to attack all at once. They just wait in line. Maybe they have some morals, and want to allow for a fair fight... one-on-one. Or at least, one at a time. tongue.gif Hey, come on, Goblins can have morals... really. rolleyes.gif

*mutters something about slow processors, and old computers that had chips the capabilities of Doritos*

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#14 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Orion @ Jun 16 2005, 05:31 PM)
*mutters something about slow processors, and old computers that had chips the capabilities of Doritos*

LOL!

That reminds me of the Weird Al video, "It's all about the Pentiums".

"So you think that your Commodore 64 is really neat-o?
What kind of chip you got in there, a Dorito?!?"

Edited by Ghost_Rider, 19 June 2005 - 11:17 PM.

#15 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:17 AM

Yeah, the processing power of PCs back then wasn't nearly as good as today, so they had to settle for something less realistic and more practical for what they had to work with.

But still... it gives a good deal for making jokes!!! biggrin.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.