#31 torchinomotorino

torchinomotorino

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (crayauchtin @ Nov 15 2012, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if any of you have a Tumblr, but I made a post about it there so if you do have a Tumblr feel free to reblog. (Please?!) biggrin.gif

http://swordnsorcery...ion-kickstarter

Added!
Torchino Motorino

"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" -Erasmus

#32 CoreyCole

CoreyCole

Dr. Cranium's Lab Assistant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Here are two more links:

Project Announcement - http://unicorntales....tarter-project/

Article about Quest for Glory, brief mention of Hero-U: http://digitalspirit...reincarnate-it/

#33 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

I'm trying to brainstorm more places to post, but I am drawing blanks. :\

#34 oasis789

oasis789

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Updating the ones we already have with new information, new interviews, new articles, new videos is a start.

#35 s_d

s_d

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Folks, no more reddit... they're grumpy at us and think we're robots, spammers, or worse :-)

#36 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well, we really don't want that to happen, now do we? biggrin.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#37 torchinomotorino

torchinomotorino

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (s_d @ Nov 15 2012, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Folks, no more reddit... they're grumpy at us and think we're robots, spammers, or worse :-)

Apparently, this has become quite the issue. I read posts about it yesterday and today Corey posted that Kickstarter contacted him personally to report the suspected spamming abuses. I've removed the reddit section from the Luxurious List of Links™ and am checking with Corey and the general consensus over at the Kickstarter comment thread to see it the Luxurious List of Links™ should be removed altogether.
Torchino Motorino

"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" -Erasmus

#38 oasis789

oasis789

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

I'm only doing this for the campaign's success. If it's holding it back, then I'll cease and desist. As it is I've never known whether or how much I've been helping at all. Kickstarter has a sophisticated tracking system, but I don't think it can tell if backers are clicking through from say, Kotaku or Polygon because they saw those interviews on the subreddit they frequent, or a forum post, or a tweet, and in any case I'm not privy to any of that information. All I have to go on are a few comments on my posts and private messages thanking me for reminding them about something they enjoyed a lot in the past. Even reaching one person like that was enough for me. Would these fans have seen it otherwise? Maybe, maybe not.

#39 zyll

zyll

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I posted this to the IGDA group on LinkedIn. You must be an IGDA member and approved to have access.

http://www.linkedin....entID=104959113

#40 oasis789

oasis789

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

It's rich to hear complaints of spamming and marketing from someone whose only reddit submission history over six months is kickstarter game promotion and who posts the same comment in every thread multiple times. Imgur here

Granida, bringing someone's project down is not going to help your projects succeed. The world isn't zero sum.

#41 Penguinfan

Penguinfan

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (oasis789 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rich to hear complaints of spamming and marketing from someone whose only reddit submission history over six months is kickstarter game promotion and who posts the same comment in every thread multiple times. Imgur here

Granida, bringing someone's project down is not going to help your projects succeed. The world isn't zero sum.

Wow, the internet sure brings out the best in people doesn't it... luckily he's dealing with heroes who can resist descending into flame wars. There is indeed no reason both projects shouldn't succeed.

#42 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Penguinfan @ Nov 18 2012, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oasis789 @ Nov 18 2012, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, the internet sure brings out the best in people doesn't it... luckily he's dealing with heroes who can resist descending into flame wars. There is indeed no reason both projects shouldn't succeed.

Well, honestly, I'm inclined not to hope for good things to happen to people like that so that'd be the one and only reason that his project shouldn't succeed. tongue.gif